Step Right Up and Watch Us Stack The Genie šŸ§žā€ā™‚ļø New TR started 9/25**

OMG, this is hysterical. Iā€™m the drunk ā€œMomā€ and my drunk ā€œDaughterā€ is actually my wife. (She will be very happy to know you thought she was my daughter as she is 2 yrs older) We had a long day in the parks, I think we came from Epcot that night and the only time I could get on 7DMMT was at that time. Normally I wouldnā€™t have pushed to go but thought IASW would be a nice opportunity for her to take a little nap. We did make it on and off mine train without incident but one of us doesnā€™t remember it all. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ In our daily lives we work hard so on vacation we play hard! šŸ»And yes, itā€™s from these boards that I recognized you both, not YouTube lol. PS my wife said sheā€™s never going on IASW again, but weā€™ll see about that šŸ˜
Wow, that is hilarious, thanks for reading along! Yes, I couldnā€™t tell if your wife was your daughter or not!
Iā€™m glad you made it to SDMT!
I definitely get it, of course you want to celebrate and enjoy your vacation!
Good idea to relax on IASW lol šŸ˜‚
I hope your wife decides to ride again!
Thank you for the late night entertainment on IASW, lol šŸ˜† and thank you so much for recognizing Andi and I from the boards, so nice šŸ˜Š

Happy May Day!

Sunday 5/1/22. It was the first day of May and what did the Genie do? He stayed in his bottle again! We decided to pass on buying Genie + today.

We had a lunch reservation for Homecomin at 12:45 and we wanted to spend a few hours in MK this morning but not enough to stack the Genie.

I did get a ā€œfancy rideā€ for Remy later in the evening. We wanted to check out more F&G booths at Epcot for our later part of the day.

Our plan was to start early today and do the 30 minute early entry at MK. In my opinion, the 30 minutes is not very useful especially at MK. If the CMā€™s allowed guests to actually get to the ride area before 8:30am maybe šŸ¤” it would be more beneficial.

We had a banana and some more bites of our Gideonā€™s cookies before heading to the boat launch. The morning was beautiful!

The weather was just perfect for a boat ride.

We had a lovely ride over to MK, tapped in, and went to wait with all the others near the castle.

Disney is letting everyone in to the park early. The resort guests line up on the bridge area for FL and another line forms for TL.

Our plan was to ride PPF. My favorite! The best bang for the 30 minutes in my opinion is queuing for PPF or SDMT. If you want to be a rebel head to Pooh or IASW šŸ˜‚

The CMā€™s let the cow herd start moving around 8:28am, wow 2 minutes ahead of early entry! Sarcasm dripping here! :sad2:

We went directly to PPF praying the whole way, I would not get knocked over! Wow, it gets a little annoying and scary, as people literally run and jump over guests in their way!

The line for PPF was already overflowing and I thought we were close to the front of the pack. Iā€™m thinking the ride was still testing and getting prepared for the day because, the queue moved slowly.

We did get to fly with Peter and say hello to Nana! Ahh my favorite FL ride!
IMG_2022-7-11-102219.jpg
This did take the whole 30 minutes! We headed to HM area and we were one of the first on the ride for the 9am opening! Yay! One more ride with our ghost friends! We got an empty doom buggy again for our picture! Oh well maybe we turn into invisible ghosts during the ride?? Cool and scary šŸ˜¦ at the same time.

We headed back into FL to check the wait time for Pooh. We knew it would be high but wanted to check before moving on. Yes, it was already at 40 minutes, no bouncing with Tigger today!

Our 2nd choice was going under the sea with Ariel and friends.

This was a walk on for the most part, it was a little bunched up at the clam shell area. We had a wonderful time. We love this ride! This is another tug at my heart ā¤ļømemories with my sweet Andi! When this opened in 2012, we were at WDW in November and the world was dead! Honestly, no crowds at all!

It was amazing, this is the year Andi rode EE 11 times in a row, RnRc 10 times in a row, Dino 11 times in a row, etc..

Same with Under the Sea! We rode this at least 20 times that trip, along with PM, HM, PoTC, BTMRR etcā€¦. We would sing all the songs in LM and never got tired of riding this!

I am so thankful for those earlier trips and how much we experienced together when the parks were quiet!

We also did a Christmas Party that November and it was amazing. We had walkways to ourselves!

This is why I complain a little more now, because those days are long gone!

Okay letā€™s get back from memory lane! We wanted to ride PM. We headed to TL and jumped on the PM! We had to get a ride on this! Have you heard there is a new narrative and voice over for PM now? Iā€™m excited to check it out in August.
IMG_2022-7-11-102313.jpg

IMG_2022-7-11-102358.jpg

Buzz was 40+ minute wait and the line did snake outside so I did think it was pretty accurate.

We wanted to do CoP before heading out. This attraction has also had a small update. The outfits for the family in the ā€œfutureā€ scene have been changed! It will be new to us in August. In April, it was the ā€œoldā€ future! Lol šŸ˜‚
IMG_2022-7-11-102516.jpg
I hate when the daughter says, ā€œyou didnā€™t even have a car phoneā€, I hope that is changed, how hard is it to dub in cell phone!

Let me know some of your favorite and memory producing attractions at WDW!

We decided it was time to head out after CoP.

We took the boat back.

Look ducks on the bride at WL, so cute!
IMG_2022-7-11-102651.jpg
This is the splash area for kids at WL.
IMG_2022-7-11-102612.jpg
We freshened up some and headed out to DS

I wanted to wear my new Riviera resort tank top! I love this.
IMG_2022-7-11-102753.jpg
We took the bus and didnā€™t have to wait long for a bus to take us over to DS.

Our first stop was Uniqlo. I bought a couple pairs of shorts and these were on sale yay! Pro tip, if you are able to fit in the girlā€™s sizes, even a better deal, lol šŸ˜† I usually buy from the kiddos section!

We headed over to Homecomin and checked in. We were seated fairly quickly outside in the patio area. It was a hot day, but we had a shady area with an umbrella.
IMG_2022-7-11-102857.jpg
On the weekend, Homecomin has a brunch and lunch menu!

Everything sounded delicious on the menu! The amount of food you get, especially for the brunch entrees was to much for me.

We decided on sharing the Fried Chicken sandwich with the homemade bbq chips drizzled with the icebox dressing, a bunch of puppies, this is house made hush puppies with pimento cheese and jalapeƱo jelly.
IMG_2022-7-11-102941.jpg
I also got a side of the Mac and cheese.
IMG_2022-7-11-103021.jpg
Andi filled her reusable water bottle from here with a moonshine!

I got a Diet Coke. The moonshine flavor she tried this time was the Sweet tea shine. This is sweet tea, fresh squeezed lemon and moonshine.

We shared everything and it was all delicious! The chicken sandwich was very good. I love hush puppies and these ones did not disappoint! The Mac and cheese was very creamy and yummy!

Andi got a free refill of coke on our way out!

We wanted to try the new Dolewhip shop, Swirls on the water, well apparently so did 500 other people! The line was massive so we decided to skip it this time.

We walked around and looked in a few shops before heading back to WL.

We put our feet up for awhile at WL and enjoyed a lazy late afternoon!

Coming up next, yummy food at Epcot and chasing a rat around Paris!

Hi Caroline! Oh my gosh, I think you guys had the exact table at Homecomin' that we did last June!!! Looks like the exact same spot :) Love that place. Looks like a very fun time as well!

We had a lunch reservation for Homecomin
mmmmm... Deviled eggs... mac n cheese.... mmmm.... chicken... mmmm...

Darn. I've drooled on my keyboard.
Our plan was to start early today and do the 30 minute early entry at MK. In my opinion, the 30 minutes is not very useful especially at MK. If the CMā€™s allowed guests to actually get to the ride area before 8:30am maybe šŸ¤” it would be more beneficial.
:rolleyes1
If you want to be a rebel head to Pooh or IASW šŸ˜‚
:laughing: I've actually done that! (Well, Pooh, not IASW)
The best bang for the 30 minutes in my opinion is queuing for PPF or SDMT.
Plan on doing that in about a month. ::yes::
Wow, it gets a little annoying and scary, as people literally run and jump over guests in their way!
:scared: Not cool
Ahh my favorite FL ride!
Such a great ride! Probably up there in my top... hmmm... 4-5 or so. But from all the parks.
We got an empty doom buggy again for our picture! Oh well maybe we turn into invisible ghosts during the ride?? Cool and scary šŸ˜¦ at the same time.
:laughing: That must be it. ::yes::
We love this ride! This is another tug at my heart ā¤ļømemories with my sweet Andi!
Awww. :)
It was amazing, this is the year Andi rode EE 11 times in a row, RnRc 10 times in a row, Dino 11 times in a row, etc..
Whoa.... :eek:
We also did a Christmas Party that November and it was amazing. We had walkways to ourselves!
Whole walkways?!?!?
Have you heard there is a new narrative and voice over for PM now?
No! I hadn't heard. Something else to look forward to. :)
We wanted to do CoP before heading out. This attraction has also had a small update. The outfits for the family in the ā€œfutureā€ scene have been changed!
And didn't know that either.
Let me know some of your favorite and memory producing attractions at WDW!
Since you were just talking about it...

I will never forget the first time I rode PPF. I had no idea that it wasn't "just another track ride". Suddenly... we were flying!
I wanted to wear my new Riviera resort tank top! I love this.
You look great! :)
I bought a couple pairs of shorts and these were on sale yay!
:thumbsup2
We decided on sharing the Fried Chicken sandwich with the homemade bbq chips drizzled with the icebox dressing
oh man... that looks soooo good.
We wanted to try the new Dolewhip shop, Swirls on the water, well apparently so did 500 other people! The line was massive so we decided to skip it this time.
I have mixed feelings about this. Part of me is "Yes! Dolewhip!" the other part is "You should only get it at Aloha Isle!"
chasing a rat around Paris!
Nothing a good exterminator can't take care of.

:duck:

Hi Caroline! Oh my gosh, I think you guys had the exact table at Homecomin' that we did last June!!! Looks like the exact same spot :) Love that place. Looks like a very fun time as well!
Hello Dana!
At first I was worried the table area would be to hot out there but it actually was really nice overall.
I think Homecomin has stayed very consistent and always a good choice for a meal.
Are you going to WDW this summer?

I've actually done that! (Well, Pooh, not IASW)
We have as well. Pooh is a favorite and the line gets long quickly!
Plan on doing that in about a month.
Good idea, Each time we have done this, it has worked to get on fairly quickly before the lines build.
Such a great ride! Probably up there in my top... hmmm... 4-5 or so. But from all the parks.
I love it! It definitely is in my top 5. I think my top 5 are all true Disney rides except for FoP is in there.
1. PPF
2. HM
3. SE
4. Pirates
5 FoP
Whole walkways?!?!?
Yes, I remember this because we had our arms spread out wide and weā€™re saying wow look we arenā€™t touching another person!
No! I hadn't heard. Something else to look forward to.
Yes, Iā€™m excited to hear the new version. People Mover is definitely in my top 10!
I will never forget the first time I rode PPF. I had no idea that it wasn't "just another track ride". Suddenly... we were flying!
Ahhh, I felt the same way and such a wonderful true to Disney dark ride! It just canā€™t be beat!
oh man... that looks soooo good.
Our food was delicious and I would definitely recommend Homecomin and hope to eat there again in the not so distant future!
I have mixed feelings about this. Part of me is "Yes! Dolewhip!" the other part is "You should only get it at Aloha Isle!"
I agree, however they have a spicy Dolewhip! Habanero with lime and Andi loves spice so we wanted to try this. They also serve a Dolewhip flight. A few different ways to experience it than at Aloha Isle!
Nothing a good exterminator can't take care of.
Very true but when the rat cooks the best food do we really want to get rid of them. :rotfl:

Hello Dana!
At first I was worried the table area would be to hot out there but it actually was really nice overall.
I think Homecomin has stayed very consistent and always a good choice for a meal.
Are you going to WDW this summer?
Hi!! Yes, we are going, one month from tomorrow!!!! Can't even wait. It's a surprise trip for my little boy, he has no idea it's happening. Kind of a mom/son/end of summer type thing. You can be sure I'm counting down the days, ha ha.

Part 2, Food and Rats!

Epcot was the plan this evening. Our main objective was to try a few more food booths and do some of our favorite rides! These use to be filler rides before FP+ and Genie+.

I had paid for a Remy ā€œfancy rideā€ for tonight.

We took the long bus ride over, it just seems so long from WL!

The park did not seem overly crowded tonight, yay!
IMG_2022-7-13-120149.jpg
We rode SE right away with a minimal wait. We went over to the Seas and rode Nemo, also, with minimal to no wait.
IMG_2022-7-13-120230.jpg
We spent some time looking around the aquarium before heading into the land.

LWTL did not have much of wait and we rode this. I love how the gardens in the ride change with the seasons. It was very spring like on this ride, just as it should be.
IMG_2022-7-13-120317.jpg
IMG_2022-7-13-120428.jpg
We debated on Soarin but decided to pass since the wait time was about 40 minutes.

The weather was beautiful once again! We really did luck out with perfect days. Only one little rain episode the next day and that was it.

We both wanted to try the Mexican booth and wandered over there. First, I got another orange wine slushy and Andi got the tea and alcohol drink from Trowel and Trellis. This was Twinings energizing matcha cranberry&lime tea with hanger 1 makrut vodka. I thought this would be gross but it was very good! It came in a reusable mason jar glass. Andi really liked it and uses the jar with her glow cube at her house and sends me Snapchat pictures of it!

I had my wine slushy and the taco vampiro, this was barbacoa beef in a corn tortilla with crispy grilled Monterey Jack cheese, salsa ranchera, and corn esquita. This was amazingly delicious and I could have had two!
IMG_2022-7-13-120644.jpg
Andi had the plant based tostada de chorizo, black beans on crispy corn tortilla with avocado mousse and queso fresco. The chorizo was plant based. This was also very good!
IMG_2022-7-13-120530.jpg
This booth was a hit for us!

We wandered our way through the countries and arrived in France. It was time to chase Remy through Paris.

We got a couple awkward photos before the ride! :rotfl:
IMG_2022-7-13-121823.jpg
IMG_2022-7-13-121903.jpg
I usually do not get queasy on rides but this makes me a tad queasy! I find if I focus on one thing it isnā€™t to bad.

Anyone else get queasy on this ride?

It isnā€™t enough to stop me from riding it at least once a trip but causes the queasiness more than any other ride at Disney!

We worked our way back to the front of the park and watched the light show on SE.
IMG_2022-7-13-120823.jpg
We got one last treat at Farmers Feast, this was the strawberry rhubarb upside down cake with crĆØme fresh.

It doesnā€™t take a great photo but this is delicious. It is warm and luscious with the crĆØme. I loved it!
IMG_2022-7-13-120747.jpg
We decided to head out before the fireworks and took a Lyft instead of the bus. Much faster!

We got back in time to watch the Electrical Water Pageant at WL and more fireworks! Ahh it was wonderful! I will spam you with photos of this evening at WL! The water pageant is another tug at the heart strings activity! I love it šŸ„°

I love it! It definitely is in my top 5. I think my top 5 are all true Disney rides except for FoP is in there.
1. PPF
2. HM
3. SE
4. Pirates
5 FoP
Hmmm... I'd have to think hard about the order, but... in no particular order:
HM
PPF
BTMRR
FOP
EE

Of course I haven't tried any of the newer rides that have come out in the last 2-3 years.
Yes, I remember this because we had our arms spread out wide and weā€™re saying wow look we arenā€™t touching another person!
How cool is that?!?!?
Ahhh, I felt the same way and such a wonderful true to Disney dark ride! It just canā€™t be beat!
:goodvibes
Our food was delicious and I would definitely recommend Homecomin and hope to eat there again in the not so distant future!
I think I couldn't get an ADR for our one and only time in DTD. Probably because we're going the first day of our trip.
I agree, however they have a spicy Dolewhip! Habanero with lime and Andi loves spice so we wanted to try this. They also serve a Dolewhip flight. A few different ways to experience it than at Aloha Isle!
Huh. Maybe I'll have to check it out after all.
Very true but when the rat cooks the best food do we really want to get rid of them. :rotfl:
:rolleyes1

We rode SE right away with a minimal wait. We went over to the Seas and rode Nemo, also, with minimal to no wait.
niiiice.
Nothing better than not waiting for a ride!
We debated on Soarin but decided to pass since the wait time was about 40 minutes.
I remember a time when Soarin' was the best ride in Disney and a 40 minute wait would've been considered worth doing.
The weather was beautiful once again! We really did luck out with perfect days. Only one little rain episode the next day and that was it.
Happy for you. :)
I got another orange wine slushy
mmm... yes please.
Andi really liked it and uses the jar with her glow cube at her house and sends me Snapchat pictures of it!
That's great that she still uses it... and sends you photos of it!
I had my wine slushy and the taco vampiro, this was barbacoa beef in a corn tortilla with crispy grilled Monterey Jack cheese, salsa ranchera, and corn esquita. This was amazingly delicious and I could have had two!
Just the name... taco vampiro... makes it sound... less than desirable. But the description sure sounds good!
We got a couple awkward photos before the ride! :rotfl:

IMG_2022-7-13-121823.jpg
Holding of for dear life! :laughing:
Anyone else get queasy on this ride?
I'll let you know. :)
We got one last treat at Farmers Feast, this was the strawberry rhubarb upside down cake with crĆØme fresh.
mmmm... that sounds really good.
We got back in time to watch the Electrical Water Pageant at WL and more fireworks! Ahh it was wonderful!
The water pageant is another tug at the heart strings activity! I love it šŸ„°
::yes:: Nostalgia city!
These are very amateur photos but I love this parade and being able to enjoy this and the fireworks, priceless!
The bridge inside WL and the stream outside on my way to the water pageant! Enjoy šŸ˜Š
Photos were great. Thanks for sharing!

What a nice day! Your evening in Epcot sounds particularly nice. Oh my that rhubarb cake looks so good! Rhubarb is a favorite of mine. I'm happy they continue to do the Electrical WP - brings back good memories of our stays at WL when our boys were younger. Thanks for sharing!

I think I couldn't get an ADR for our one and only time in DTD. Probably because we're going the first day of our trip.
You can always check on the availability of a walk up! The bar area also serves the full menu and usually has room, it is first come first served there!
I didnā€™t get one for my sister and I but I think we will try the bar area. I have a few different time slots for DS and no ADRS at this time!
I remember a time when Soarin' was the best ride in Disney and a 40 minute wait would've been considered worth doing.
Very true and if I wasnā€™t with no wait Andi, 40 minutes is not bad!
That's great that she still uses it... and sends you photos of it!
I told her the mason jar cup and glow cube were her gifts from the last trip :rotfl2:
Just the name... taco vampiro... makes it sound... less than desirable. But the description sure sounds good!
Name is weird, the cheese crusted tortilla and the seasoned beef inside delicious šŸ˜‹
mmmm... that sounds really good.
It really was! I love rhubarb desserts, I have tons of it at my house and not one of my immediate family likes rhubarb anything:confused3 Andi will try some of the desserts I make but she isnā€™t a big fan! She tried this dessert at F&G but it was mostly all mine!
Nostalgia city!
:love: I remember the first time Andi and I stayed at the Polynesian, super good deal during the construction time in 2015! I heard this from our room and ran out the door and there it was! Loved it so much!

Hi Caroline,

I hope you donā€™t mind a random question. I follow all of your trips with Andi since my DD18 is my Disney trip buddy. (DS7 and DD5 have put a cramp in our mother daughter trips recently though since they want to come too)

Our family is heading to WDW on thanksgiving and staying the week. However DD18 needs to fly home alone that Sunday since starts college this fall. How comfortable would you be with Andi taking Uber/Lyft from WDW? We havenā€˜t used them or the magical express replacements before.

Thanks for any insight.

You can always check on the availability of a walk up! The bar area also serves the full menu and usually has room, it is first come first served there!
Thanks for the tip. I got an ADR for our one and only DTD day already (not at Homecomin'), but if we wind up there again, I'll try that. :)
I told her the mason jar cup and glow cube were her gifts from the last trip :rotfl2:
:laughing:
It really was! I love rhubarb desserts,
Me too! Mmmmmm... Strawberry rhubarb pie might be my fave kind of pie.
I have tons of it at my house and not one of my immediate family likes rhubarb anything:confused3
You need a better class of friends. :snooty:

I'm coming over. I'll eat anything you make.
:love: I remember the first time Andi and I stayed at the Polynesian, super good deal during the construction time in 2015! I heard this from our room and ran out the door and there it was! Loved it so much!

What a nice day! Your evening in Epcot sounds particularly nice. Oh my that rhubarb cake looks so good! Rhubarb is a favorite of mine. I'm happy they continue to do the Electrical WP - brings back good memories of our stays at WL when our boys were younger. Thanks for sharing!
I love rhubarb desserts. I have made rhubarb crunch and a rhubarb and strawberry slab pie for years! I usually end up eating most it it :rotfl:
I hadnā€™t seen the water pageant for awhile and it was such a treat!
We had a very nice evening!

Hi Caroline,

I hope you donā€™t mind a random question. I follow all of your trips with Andi since my DD18 is my Disney trip buddy. (DS7 and DD5 have put a cramp in our mother daughter trips recently though since they want to come too)

Our family is heading to WDW on thanksgiving and staying the week. However DD18 needs to fly home alone that Sunday since starts college this fall. How comfortable would you be with Andi taking Uber/Lyft from WDW? We havenā€˜t used them or the magical express replacements before.

Thanks for any insight.
Hi šŸ‘‹, Iā€™m glad you are reading along!
Haha I love how you say the younger kids are putting a cramp in the mother and daughter trips :rotfl:
We have been Thanksgiving week once before and we loved it šŸ„°
We have really good luck with Lyft for our airport transportation and have never felt unsafe. We are always together so that is the only difference.
The new Mears ā€œDMEā€ is a good option as well. The only thing I donā€™t like is the 3+ hour time before your flight.
Honestly, I think she would be just fine with a Lyft, have her text you a few times while on the way there!
I hope you all have an awesome trip! Groom the young ones to keep loving Disney, you will have companionship for a long time:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter