Sticky Thread for Registration - What do you think?

Agreed. One of my pet peeves is seeing so many questions asked, though, that one visit to the runDisney site would answer, or even a brief scan of topics here. I love being helpful, but it gets frustrating when people don't make even the most basic effort to educate themselves and expect others to spoon feed things to them. And you get the SAME questions over and over and over... The message board has a search function, people!! You think you are the only one to have a question about how to register?!?! Sorry, rant over...

Totally agree... I always get frustrated when I can't find an answer by searching because, generally, everything has already been asked, answered, and beaten to death! Even if you Google your question, you'll usually find a few links leading back here with the info you need.

I think this is pretty standard human behavior unfortunately. :rolleyes: We have an internal "social media" site at work, and people are constantly asking the same 5-10 questions about benefits. I feel so bad for the heads of those departments, because they are always patiently trying to point out the search bar (which on our site is directly above the new post form).

Maybe, but rD does not provide enough information on their site and admitted their holes to me yesterday on the phone. What is needed is explicit instructions - rD does not provide that kind of help anywhere.

I thought I saw one FB thing about a recent registration but I can't remember where. And businesses using fb are always posting about how only a tiny percent of people see their posts, so to use it for important info is silly.

As we've seen recently with the Wine & Dine debacle and the Goofy 10K plus half, not much they do is reliable. And yet we continue to fork over $596.96 to run four races....Sigh

You could do the Runners World registration and spend even more!!

I do like being able to just surrender and ask (looking at you, Beach Club thread) and have an answer within 5 minutes.

And, yeah, I think we all know that sometimes you question what to trust from runDisney themselves, so it's comforting to hear from someone who has been through it recently.

It also looks to me to be a tremendous amount of work though to keep up with.

I agree with all of those thoughts. :)

For a runDisney newbie like me who spent a lot of time using the search function and not always finding answers, a Registration sticky or more general FAQ sticky would be very much appreciated! I do read them (and watched the Pop Century thread for weeks before our stay there in March because I kept learning things I didn't know to ask about).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter