Still no 2016 discounts!?!?

Cappscom8

Earning My Ears
What's the deal with no 2016 discounts being announced yet? I can only assume its because WDW is looking pretty good in terms of occupancy and reservations for 2016 so far. When I look back at the historical discount release dates, it seems like they are a bit behind. Not looking good for a 2016 visit.

What's the deal with no 2016 discounts being announced yet? I can only assume its because WDW is looking pretty good in terms of occupancy and reservations for 2016 so far. When I look back at the historical discount release dates, it seems like they are a bit behind. Not looking good for a 2016 visit.
Discounts for January 2016 came out in October last year...

April discounts probably won't be out until the end of the year...

Jan 2016 promos have not been released yet. I keep checking and nothing

generally early year discounts don't get released until end of september/beginning of october.

current discounts have to be booked by september 18th so i would not expect to see early 2016 discounts until at least that time.

Oct is the likely month if there will be Jan or Feb. The fall promos don't end until 9/18 and they are not releasing more before that. The past couple years the early discount for Jan/Feb went out to Disney Chase card holders about a week before.

Well if I had 28k in a CD then yes I would . I go on a disney vacation every year with my family on my tax rebate money. Not every one has money sitting in a CD .

May not be relevant, but they pushed the Military Salute discounts to extend until the end of the calendar year, vice the fiscal year, and are holding back on announcing the 2016 discounts because of that. Could be a reason why some of the others haven't been announced yet.

Here's what you guys need to do, take that 200k you got when your great aunt kicked it and put it into buying a house around disney world that way you don't have to bother with booking anything and can go whenever you want. "What if she hasn't kicked it yet?" you ask, well disney isn't for people that sit around on their butts get on it and make it happen.

Confused - seeing many quotes regarding my data, none of them having to do with ME. I must guess that others have posted that $29K cash figure. Yes, it's pretty accurate. No, not everyone can deal with it. Yes, WDW will dance around that number.... and dance, and dance, and dance...... when they are done? That's what you need. Compliment them on their costumes....

Sorry folks - DVC ain't cheap. Wish it was, it isn't, and not everyone can afford it.

That's funny…mine cost less than half of that….and my inlaws years before less than half of that.

What's the point? Your advice isn't so cut and dry…in fact it gets to be less and less "good advice" as they put the screws to it.

It's all relative.

Here's what you guys need to do, take that 200k you got when your great aunt kicked it and put it into buying a house around disney world that way you don't have to bother with booking anything and can go whenever you want. "What if she hasn't kicked it yet?" you ask, well disney isn't for people that sit around on their butts get on it and make it happen.

This made me laugh so hard I almost spit out my coffee. Thanks for the laugh this morning.

2016 dates are a bit odd with Easter falling so early (March 27). This will have an impact of the whole year, with the January discount window being a little smaller and the April window a little bigger.

We are DVC members but I want to plan our trips depending on the Military/Florida resident discount tickets for next year. Being DVC, I have to book 11 or 7 month out to get anything. It would nice to have ticket prices and dates for things like Season of the Force and the MVMCP for calendar year 2016. I'm sick of planning for events that change dates when I can't change my lodging dates very easily. It's a craps shoot.

Not to mention that I have to plan around husband's ever changing work schedule, but that's not Disney's fault and it's why we get the military tickets so I'll roll with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter