Still Waiting

MiknMinMouse

DIS Veteran
We're still waiting to see if our waiting list request comes through for Nov 2. I'm supposed to call next week to renew so we stay on the list until 7 days prior. Has anyone had success this close? There are so many great deals on hotels right near the resort I almost feel like I should go ahead and book one of those and just forget the Friday entry. The only thing is I want to have one stop ~ I want to go straight to the BWV and just stay there instead of having to change Saturday and take up most of our park day. :rolleyes:

I would think that if someone is going to cancel, they would do it before 30 days so that the points don't go into a Holding Account. But if they are just postpoing a trip, then you could still have luck within 30 days. Good luck!

There are so many great deals on hotels right near the resort I almost feel like I should go ahead and book one of those and just forget the Friday entry.

Well, IMO you should book a room somewhere else.

Why?

(1) There are great deals available at every level of Disney Resort.
(2) It's your first day in Orlando and it won't matter too much if you're not settled in. You will have spent the majority of the day travelling to Orlando.
(3) Checking into BWV won't really take too much time, especially if you stay at another Disney resort. Disney can move your luggage for you and check-in is only about 30 minutes.
(4) You'll save a lot of points by skipping a weekend day.

I guess our biggest problem is half of our group is staying offsite and they check in Friday. So when we have to take time to move resorts on Saturday it'll take awhile because we have to get our LOS passes and check in and check out. I guess I'll wait until closer just to see. I had read that sometimes waiting lists are great and with so many people saying they're not going I wasn't sure. My friend just got back from Florida (Miama area) and said it's empty. The normally full hotels and beaches were very quiet.

I understand now :). I'm sending pixie dust your way for you to come off the wait list to make your life a bit easier. I totally understand trying to make things less stressful when traveling with family and friends.

BTW, you said you're getting LOS passes. Since you go once a year, have you considered an AP? It might save you some $$ if you can plan to return before it expires. If you're anything like me, you have your next 2-3 DVC trips planned anyway :). We'll have 3 and maybe 4 trips clocked onto our APs by the time July 2002 rolls around. Quite the bargain.

Originally posted by robinb
BTW, you said you're getting LOS passes. Since you go once a year, have you considered an AP? It might save you some $$ if you can plan to return before it expires. If you're anything like me, you have your next 2-3 DVC trips planned anyway :). [/B]

Thanks for the Pixie dust :-). I never thought about AP's my hubby and I are planning on going back next October but it will be Jan 2003 before the kids go back so maybe AP might be a good idea for me and hubby but LOS for the kids? How much more are AP? and what do they include. Also, do we get discounts?

Hey :-) Thanks for the link. It looks like for hubby and I the Premium AP might be a good option, but convincing him might be a different story. The only thing is I saw the 7day Park Hopper plus passes that give you 4 pluses (which I assume are PI, DQ, that type of thing) doesn't the length of stay give us unlimited everything? I can't find a cost for that.

The LOS is now called the Ultimate Park Hopper. You'll see the prices on that link.

Just to ease your concerns about check-out/check-in if you end up needing to do that....on our last trip we managed to check out of the Wyndham and check into the Poly, plus get our LOS passes and everything and get to the MK by 7:30am. It was very quick and easy. We didn't go to our room, although it was ready, until later in the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter