Stop Making Me Laugh Or I'll Pee My Pants! Go Back! I Lost My Shoe! Trip Report!

(OK, it must be beyond my grasp how to quote part of someones post:headache:)

At the bottom right of the post, is a button that says "quote" - and, I think, a paper with lines on it, push on that when you want to reply. Then you can cut out any info that you don't want kept.

SANY2253.jpg

This was my little nephew's 3rd B-Day cake this year! that's too funny! Sounds like you guys had a great little party, the stuff that came in that box was really cute!

Your party looked like so much fun. I would love to have been close enough to make your cake for you. It's a bit of a hobby for me and I love cake decorating.

I LOVE those drink cups/mugs you had on your welcome table ... the ones with the hats and feet. Where at Epcot did you get those?

Just 10 days for me!

At the bottom right of the post, is a button that says "quote" - and, I think, a paper with lines on it, push on that when you want to reply. Then you can cut out any info that you don't want kept.

THANK YOU! Sorry, OT:upsidedow

Yea! Thanks to a fellow reader, you know how to quote now!

This was my little nephew's 3rd B-Day cake this year! that's too funny! Sounds like you guys had a great little party, the stuff that came in that box was really cute!

I wanted something with Mickey on it and that's pretty much all I had to choose from. I don't think they really cared what it looked like so long as there was a cake.:laughing:

Your party looked like so much fun. I would love to have been close enough to make your cake for you. It's a bit of a hobby for me and I love cake decorating.

I LOVE those drink cups/mugs you had on your welcome table ... the ones with the hats and feet. Where at Epcot did you get those?

Just 10 days for me!

I used to do birthday parties all the time but I only did the activities. The parents had to provide the cake. I soooo wish I was creative enough to decorate cakes but I just can't do it. You must be a talented woman!:thumbsup2

You can buy those cups at the Ice Cool Station at Epcot. You can choose the top and bottoms. I think I remember there being a Goofy, Mickey, Minnie and something princessy.

I have FINALLY caught up!!!! Loving the trip report :)

I bet you were worn out by the time you got through reading! I am trying to sneak in another update while the boss is busy at his desk.:rolleyes1

Now that we had finally found the fort thanks to Missy who is now referred to as "Missy said" at our house,:rotfl: it was decided that we'd wander around the rest of the island.

We found a cave and it was hotter than hecka decka in there. As we wove our way through, we could hear the people in front of us moaning like ghosts and the kids pretended to be scared:

SANY0368-1.jpg

I don't remember what was in this nook that Hunter was looking at:

SANY0369-1.jpg

We kept walking through the cave and found a spot where the air conditioner was blowing and it felt sooooo good.

Just the other day, I saw somebody post a picture of a hidden Goofy (or maybe it was Donald). It was of that bright glowing light you see over our shoulders in the next picture. I can't tell anything really but I'll have to remember to go back and see if I can take a better picture during our next trip.

SANY0370.jpg

SANY0371.jpg

SANY0372.jpg

Once we left the cave, we finished up our tour of the island and were ready to take the raft back over to Frontierland.

I don't have pictures but I do remember that we took the wooden walkway (we have found the walkway to be less crowded than the street itself) over to the Haunted Mansion and rode it again. After our visit with the 999 ghostly goblins, I told John that I wanted to stop in the store near the exit and see what they had. I fell in love with these nesting casserole dishes that were oval and had light blue Mickey's on them. I bought those as well as a few other kitchen related items and we had them wrapped up and sent to Package Pickup.

***Okay so I know this is a short installment but I need to get a package ready for a client who is supposed to be here in about 15 minutes. At least I'm working on finishing up this trip report.:upsidedow

I just noticed one of those pictures of Hunter looked really creepy! What was up with that? Probably acting silly.....not that we ever do anything like that.

Not to nitpick, but Dole Whips aren't dairy free. They are lactose free, but still are derived from a milk protein. So, if you are only lactose intolerant, they are find. But if you have a dairy allergy then it won't be.

http://www.precisionfoods.com/foodservice/branded_solutions2.cfm?start=1&id=103

and

http://www.precisionfoods.com/foodservice/bnd_products_details.cfm?skuid=10922&id=103

/nitpick off.

Loved your party! How fun!!! You did a fabulous job on the decor. Where did you get the Mickey head punch out thing?

I'm dying to see the nesting dishes. Pictures?

OMG - I am totally addicted to your trip report. I stumbled upon it when checking out the DIS Boards for the first time and have totally enjoyed reading about you and your family. My son and I have been to Disney 4 times and are returning this June (my hubby opts to stay home he hates crowds and doesn't feel the Disney magic:confused:) It'sOK though we don't have to find anyone to take care of the animals while we are gone and I don't have to worry about him not having fun. We are staying at CBR for the first time - can I ask you a few quick questions? Anyone feel free to respond, I can take all the advice I can get. How big is the fridge - my son is a HUGE milk drinker and I was thinking of either using Garden Grocer or getting a car ride from the airport with a stop at the grocery store. Could I fit a gallon of milk in? Two half gallons? Also I have my ADRs but any suggestions on great quick service dining? We are going to try to hit Pecos Bills this year - we've never tried it before. We are going for 9 days from June 4-12, arrive farily early on the 4th and leave fairly late on the 12th. My son is about to turn 15 and still feels the Disney magic as strong as ever.
Thanks!

Not to nitpick, but Dole Whips aren't dairy free. They are lactose free, but still are derived from a milk protein. So, if you are only lactose intolerant, they are find. But if you have a dairy allergy then it won't be.

http://www.precisionfoods.com/foodservice/branded_solutions2.cfm?start=1&id=103

and

http://www.precisionfoods.com/foodservice/bnd_products_details.cfm?skuid=10922&id=103

/nitpick off.

Loved your party! How fun!!! You did a fabulous job on the decor. Where did you get the Mickey head punch out thing?

I'm dying to see the nesting dishes. Pictures?

Darn! Darn! Darn! I usually have at least some dairy products during our vacation. I just have to do it in moderation so I don't get a headache or nosebleed.

I got the Mickey head punch at Hobby Lobby but I think I've seen them at Disney.

I didn't think to take pictures of the nesting casserole dishes. If I remember, I'll take a picture in the next couple of days.

OMG - I am totally addicted to your trip report. I stumbled upon it when checking out the DIS Boards for the first time and have totally enjoyed reading about you and your family. My son and I have been to Disney 4 times and are returning this June (my hubby opts to stay home he hates crowds and doesn't feel the Disney magic:confused:) It'sOK though we don't have to find anyone to take care of the animals while we are gone and I don't have to worry about him not having fun. We are staying at CBR for the first time - can I ask you a few quick questions? Anyone feel free to respond, I can take all the advice I can get. How big is the fridge - my son is a HUGE milk drinker and I was thinking of either using Garden Grocer or getting a car ride from the airport with a stop at the grocery store. Could I fit a gallon of milk in? Two half gallons? Also I have my ADRs but any suggestions on great quick service dining? We are going to try to hit Pecos Bills this year - we've never tried it before. We are going for 9 days from June 4-12, arrive farily early on the 4th and leave fairly late on the 12th. My son is about to turn 15 and still feels the Disney magic as strong as ever.
Thanks!

Welcome! I'm always glad to see new readers. What the heck is wrong with your husband? John acts like he doesn't care if we go to Disney World or not but then asks me if the rates are out yet so we can book the next one.

Hey, our trips will overlap by a day! 9 days at Disney is great. We like to take some time to spend at the resort and CBR has some fun stuff to do.

I used Garden Grocer last year and will be using them again this trip. I don't know for sure that a gallon of milk would fit in the fridge but I know that a half gallon (probably even two or three) would fit in fridge.

My favorite counter service eateries:

Magic Kingdom:

Pecos Bill's for darn sure! Love me some sauteed mushrooms and onions and the cheese sauce for dipping my fries.

Pinocchio's Village Haus has some decent pizza and their chicken strips are good.

Epcot:

We are wimpy eaters and stick to either Liberty Tree Tavern in World Showcase and Electric Umbrella in Future World.

Animal Kingdom:

Pizzafari has a really good chicken caesar salad. Yummy! John also likes the Italian Stack Sandwich.

Flame Tree BBQ has good everything.

Hollywood Studios:

I'm not too big of a fan of the Hollywood Studios counter service food. So, we usually eat at Toy Story Pizza Planet so I can at least get a salad with my pizza.

Thanks so much for the info. I am so excited to be at Disney again - counting down the days and its so close!!! By the way, from my sign on name it is probably obvious that I am a nurse - please tell your daughter not to worry about her heart. I have the same exact problem. I will feel occasional irregular heart beats but when I get super stressed or sick - wow, that is when they come like crazy. I have never fainted but have come really close. It helps to keep me from letting my life get too stressful because it is like a little reminder - chill out... :cool2: I love my hubby like crazy but he is just so much happier to stay at home so this works for us. Wouldn't it be funny if we bumped into each other!
Barb

Thanks so much for the info. I am so excited to be at Disney again - counting down the days and its so close!!! By the way, from my sign on name it is probably obvious that I am a nurse - please tell your daughter not to worry about her heart. I have the same exact problem. I will feel occasional irregular heart beats but when I get super stressed or sick - wow, that is when they come like crazy. I have never fainted but have come really close. It helps to keep me from letting my life get too stressful because it is like a little reminder - chill out... :cool2: I love my hubby like crazy but he is just so much happier to stay at home so this works for us. Wouldn't it be funny if we bumped into each other!
Barb

You're quite welcome. It's nice to hear from somebody else who has the same condition as Lacey. It's even better that you're a nurse! We were really worried about Lacey especially since she was so far away.

I'll have my lime green Mickey head tag on my bag so if you see me or if you recognize any of us from our pictures, be sure to stop me. I won't mind one bit.

Oh and feel free to ask any other questions.

Once we finished up our shopping, we decided to walk back over to Adventureland. We always ride Pirates of the Caribbean at least twice each trip so we headed straight there.

SANY0390.jpg

I don't know about you guys but when we are in a line that's semi-wide, we try to stand behind the people in front of us even when there's a little space beside them. Well, there was a group of people (probably 4 or 5 in the group) that would try to squeeze past us and the people in front of us. They'd act like they were just talking and not really paying attention that they were trying to cut. But, they were and they knew it. We kept spreading out so that they couldn't pass us. The people in front of us noticed it too so they spread out so they couldn't pass them either. Line cutters make me so mad!

Anyway, we stayed right where we were supposed to....behind the people in front of us. A couple of pictures of the kids waiting.

SANY0373.jpg

SANY0374.jpg

Before long, we were at the front of the line (without cutting I might add) and boarding our boat. I took a few pictures:

SANY0375.jpg

SANY0376.jpg

SANY0377.jpg

SANY0378.jpg

SANY0379.jpg

Ummm...actually I took more than a few:

SANY0380.jpg

SANY0381.jpg

SANY0382.jpg

SANY0383.jpg

SANY0384.jpg

We had several snack credits left and Lacey wanted to use some for those yummy cinnamon sugar almonds. She already had an idea in place. She'd get one to eat in the park, one to eat on the drive back to our house and one for her to eat on her drive back to Georgia. So, when we spotted a vendor selling the almonds, she stopped. I took this picture while we were waiting:

SANY0391.jpg

I needed something to drink so I walked over to an ice cream vendor to get a Sprite. Of course, I had to take a picture of the ice cream sign:

SANY0392.jpg

***Again, a short installment. Up next, we'll take a ride on a magic carpet!

Okay, so the boss didn't need me to make those revisions yet so I'm going to type as much as I can before he yells "Tinkerbell!" (That's what he calls me.)

***I forgot about Hunter stopping in the gift shop at the exit of Pirates of the Caribbean. He bought a guy of some kind. I remember it looking like those used by the pirates.

Carrying on......

Once Lacey had the cinnamon sugar almonds stowed in her bag and I had gotten a Sprite, we hopped in line for Aladdin's Magic Carpets. I took some pictures while we waited:

SANY0393.jpg

SANY0394.jpg

SANY0395.jpg

SANY0397.jpg

And, then it was our turn to ride! Just as we sat down in the seat, John's phone rang. It was the guy about the cabinets again! Ahhh, one of those downsides to being self-employed.

SANY0399.jpg

SANY0398.jpg

John stayed on the phone the entire time we were riding. I took pictures:

SANY0400.jpg

SANY0401.jpg

SANY0402.jpg

SANY0403.jpg

SANY0404.jpg

SANY0405.jpg

SANY0406.jpg

SANY0407.jpg

***Now I really am stopping. I just heard "TINKERBEELLLLLLL!"

I just wanted to say Lacey's shoes are ridiculously awesome...lol. I actually used to have a pair of those Chuck Taylors till they got completely worn out...I had to duct tape them at one point. I loved those shoes and I cant find them anywhere anymore

I just wanted to say Lacey's shoes are ridiculously awesome...lol. I actually used to have a pair of those Chuck Taylors till they got completely worn out...I had to duct tape them at one point. I loved those shoes and I cant find them anywhere anymore

She loves those shoes. When we bought them, they were "distressed' already.....dirty looking and had little tears in there. She fell in love with them instantly. We found them at Dillards several years ago on a clearance rack and haven't seen any like them since. It's funny that you mention duct tape. Lacey once made a pair of duct tape flip flops.

Great update Lisa!!:thumbsup2 You always take the best ride pictures!!:goodvibes I felt like I was riding along with you in Magic Carpets of Aladdin!!;)

Love that your boss calls you Tinkerbell...that's so cute!:)

Lisa- I have those Chuck Taylors! I've had them since I was 17. :rotfl: I've never seen anyone else wear them.
Awesome photos, by the way. :goodvibes

Great update Lisa!!:thumbsup2 You always take the best ride pictures!!:goodvibes I felt like I was riding along with you in Magic Carpets of Aladdin!!;)

Love that your boss calls you Tinkerbell...that's so cute!:)

You know me.....I love taking pictures. Believe it or not, I only post about half of what I take.

My boss loves calling me Tinkerbell. He even does it in front of clients.

Lisa- I have those Chuck Taylors! I've had them since I was 17. :rotfl: I've never seen anyone else wear them.
Awesome photos, by the way. :goodvibes

How cool is that?!?! Lacey absolutely loves the shoes and since they already have a distressed look to them, you can't tell how old they really are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter