"Stop squeezing Mickey's nose!" - An October 2014 TR *COMPLETED!*

hi :wave2: following along. I've got three boys 4 and under as well so I am looking forward to seeing how you all managed for this trip. My DS 18 months when we traveled last year had to squeeze all the noses. It must be pretty common but the characters do not seem to like it and try to push the hand away :confused3. Can't wait to hear more. Btw I hate the the Chef Mickey's bathroom it is so far away, what is up with that?

Whew! It's nice to know someone else who is going through the adventure of 3 boys! Life can be crazy!!:rotfl2:

And I'm glad my boys weren't the only ones obsessed with character noses!

Thanks for following along!

I LOVE all the pictures in this update! :lovestruc Just too much cuteness between those meets with Minnie and Donald and everybody being DONE at the end. :rotfl2: Sounds like your trip got off to a great start! :thumbsup2

Yes, Minnie and Donald were the best meets at CM's! But we were all just DONE by the end of the night. Flying, fun at DTD, and dinner with our favorite Fab 5 was almost too much to handle! But I'm planning on doing the same thing on the first day of next trip! :laughing:

The interactions with the characters are too cute and it is so great that the photo pass photographer captured those moments!
That is such a smart idea to get the characters to sign Disney Junior Encyclopedia of Animated Characters!

I'm in! Your trip is going great so far! Makes me regret cancelling our February trip. We had a difficult summer with our fiercely independent 2 year old son. Both DH and I got cold feet about trying to do Disney with him at this point. He isn't a huge fan of the stroller, but isn't good about staying with us while walking (he's a runner). I think we should have given it a try! Maybe I'll put a bug in DH's ear about April...sure would like to get in a short trip before we have to pay for him this fall.

Anywho, I am loving the report so far!

Awww, that’s cute with all three boys running in to share a Mickey hug! They all look so excited to see Goofy too. And who doesn’t love Minnie? Nice family shots also. I agree, I love it when the PP person captures some candid moments – some are better than others at that and they are often some of my favorite shots.

Looks like fun with Nemo and friends. I had that same experience back in June with a Turtle Talk FP+ - completely useless. Oh, well. :confused3

Haha, poor Jake really wanted that enormous ball! :rotfl2:

The interactions with the characters are too cute and it is so great that the photo pass photographer captured those moments!
That is such a smart idea to get the characters to sign Disney Junior Encyclopedia of Animated Characters!

We had really great character meets the entire trip! The boys were in heaven!

And the encyclopedia was great! Totally a DIS find though! Best place for tips! :thumbsup2

Minnie is SO adorable!

Gotta love Character Spot!

Cute PP pics :)

Thanks! :) We loved the Character Spot - I think it's a must do for us. It's great to have all 3 characters in one place!

I'm really enjoying your report - your family is adorable!

Thank you! :goodvibes

I'm in! Your trip is going great so far! Makes me regret cancelling our February trip. We had a difficult summer with our fiercely independent 2 year old son. Both DH and I got cold feet about trying to do Disney with him at this point. He isn't a huge fan of the stroller, but isn't good about staying with us while walking (he's a runner). I think we should have given it a try! Maybe I'll put a bug in DH's ear about April...sure would like to get in a short trip before we have to pay for him this fall.

Anywho, I am loving the report so far!

Thanks for following along!

My youngest is a "runner" too lol! We hardly ever use the stroller at home so I expected him to fuss whenever we put him in it but there was just so much for him to look at that he was distracted enough to not care about the stroller. We also made sure to find all the "play" areas and let him walk around when we were stopping for a break so he could burn off some energy!

And going while they are free is always good! Our next trip will be the week before my youngest turns 3 - one last trip before we have to pay for all of them!

Awww, that’s cute with all three boys running in to share a Mickey hug! They all look so excited to see Goofy too. And who doesn’t love Minnie? Nice family shots also. I agree, I love it when the PP person captures some candid moments – some are better than others at that and they are often some of my favorite shots.

Looks like fun with Nemo and friends. I had that same experience back in June with a Turtle Talk FP+ - completely useless. Oh, well. :confused3

Haha, poor Jake really wanted that enormous ball! :rotfl2:

Mickey gives the best hugs! The PP photographers did a great job at all of our meets. They were so much better there than at any of the outside locations in my opinion!

It does seem like show FP+ are a waste of time! I'll have to rethink that for next trip...

And while we thought Jake wanted the ball then, it was nothing compared to his excitement when we got to go INSIDE the ball!! :rotfl2:

Hours in The Land

After our Mickey pretzels and visit with the Disney ducks, we headed into The Land Pavilion.

I wasn't prepared for just how HUGE that place is! I really loved the ceiling so I took this awful picture of it! :lmao:

We had a few minutes until our 11:10 FP+ for Soarin' so we hopped in this line!

The posted wait for Living with the Land was 20 minutes. This was our first real wait and I was really impressed with how well the boys did. Jake got a little fussy because he didn't want to be held but soon we were in our boat and heading out to explore.

I know it isn't always a top choice attraction but I really enjoyed Living with the Land! It was a nice, relaxing ride and I loved seeing the variety of plant life and hearing about new growing techniques! :blush::blush:

Plus I thought these water lilies were pretty!

Next it was time for our Soarin' FP+! I was really excited for this ride after reading so much about it!

I planned on getting rider switch pass so that Nate could ride twice. I wasn't sure if Colin would make the cut. He was SO CLOSE - 39 3/4 inches at his checkup right before we left. But he didn't make the mark. :rolleyes: Next year!

Jim and my dad took Nate through and Colin and I got out of line. He took it really well. I was prepared for a breakdown but he just went with the flow! Yay for that! I took Colin for a bathroom break and we played in the little gift area right outside of Soarin'. I'm thinking we made some pressed pennies at this point too?

My mom had taken Jake (who was sleeping again) over to Sunshine Seasons to find the quietest corner she could. How annoying is the no strollers in The Land rule?? But I can really see how crazy it would be with all those double joggers parked all around!

Colin and I joined my mom and Jake (still sleeping) at Sunshine Seasons. I got Colin set up with a snack and a Disney game on my phone. Nate and the big boys were back pretty soon and then it was my turn!

My mom and I took Nate back over to Soarin' and left the younger two boys with Jim and my dad. We handed over our rider switch pass and we were off!

I was so, so excited for this! And it didn't disappoint at all. I loved every minute. When I listen to the Soarin' music at home I can almost smell the orange trees and feel the ocean spray! :goodvibes

By this time, it was close to 12 and we were all hungry! I had read so many great reviews of Sunshine Seasons so I was excited.

I remember the boys all got the Pizza Panini. It's basically cheesy garlic bread with sauce for dipping. The boys loved it! I got Spicy Fish Tacos and they were yummy! On the hot side of spicy for me but still good.

And of course we had to have dessert! I wanted to try to strawberry shortcake since it got rave reviews. It was delicious and lived up to it's reputation! We also got a piece of carrot cake to share and an M&M cookie for the boys.

By this point we had spent 3.5 hours in The Land! It was time to head out and explore!

We had a FP+ for Spaceship Earth coming up so we walked that way.

On the way over, I decided to get some shots near the Nemo ride since I saw a PP photographer.

We got a family shot plus this cute one of Nate and Colin!

I think they are being fish?

Now that the photo session was over, it was time to head over to Jake's favorite landmark!

Next up

Ball, Break, Bongos

Last edited:
Ball, Break, Bongos

It was finally time to head into Spaceship Earth! Jake was so excited that I could hardly hold him as we parked the strollers and headed over.

I was so excited! It was time for a real Disney classic! :goodvibes

Our FP+ was for 1:25 and we sailed through the line with green Mickey heads! The posted wait was 60 minutes!!

There was a lady towards the front of the standby line who was quite upset. She kept saying very loudly "How many of them are they going to let in?" and"Why are they going in? Do they have a special pass or something?" Um...:confused3 Apparently she had never heard of FP+?

So we bypassed everyone with our special pass :) and we were on our way on a journey through time!

Now, I'm not sure what Jake was expecting when we entered the"ball". Maybe a big room full of bouncy balls he could kick and throw? Maybe that's why he looked confused when we started going uphill in some little car? :lmao:

I really enjoyed SSE! It's just so Disney that I can't help but love it!

At the end, I just let Jake push buttons on the little quiz and this is what we ended up with!

After our journey, we played in the dump area for a while. The boys really liked the driving simulators and we all liked playing some kind of electricity shuffleboard. All of the play areas were just so perfect on this trip! It was great to let the boys run around and play when they had enough of the stroller! :thumbsup2

When we were done playing at SSE, we made a quick bathroom stop and headed back to AOA for a break.

Before the trip, I debated about taking a break at the resort every day. All 3 boys still nap at home, so I knew they would at least need some down time. Daily afternoon breaks ended up working really well for us. After a break, the boys could stay up much later and we could enjoy the parks at night. We really had no meltdowns and I think it was because the boys were at least semi-well rested!

We got back to AOA a little before 3:00. Jake and Colin took a nap and Nate watched movies on our Kindle. The rest of us used the time to relax/nap/cool off. It was good for all of us to recharge after busy morning!

I had wanted to be back at Epcot by 5:00 but it ended up being close to 5:45. Oh well! :confused3

We did get another family shot as we headed back to WS.

We didn't have the best luck with group shots. But with 3 boys, I think we wre lucky to even get a few where at least two of them were looking at the camera!

Colin really liked the Chef Mickey topiary!

He said he was holding a bowl and spoon, just like Mickey!

Now, I know Food & Wine is a HUGE draw but I knew I wouldn't really be able to enjoy anything with the boys there. They really didn't want to just sit in the stroller while one of us stood in line for 15 minutes at each stand. So I knew we could try a few things but I really want to come back on a adults trip and take in F&W!

Our first stop in WS was Gran Fiesta Tour. I loved how it was inside the pavilion - so cool! Donald had stopped meeting for the day so we missed him. Next time!

Dinner was our next mission. The boys are not overly adventurous in the food department. I had read that the QS place in Mexico had chicken nuggets so we headed there after Gran Fiesta Tour. I picked up chicken nuggets, tortilla chips, grapes and carrots. They boys chowed down and then we headed out to explore!

I;m a bad TR-writer because I really don'tremember where we found the bongos. But we did find them and Colin had a blast!

We had to pull him away from there to find a spot for Illuminations since it was almost 8:00 by this point. It seemed like lots of the good spots were filling up quickly!

We did find a spot in front of the Germany Pavilion right along the water. We set up camp and blocked off a small area against the fence with the strollers. I ran over to the Germany stand and picked up a few Berliners - yummy! When I got back to our fireworks spot, I pulled out some glow sticks I had packed. The boys had a ball eating doughnuts and playing some kind of sword fighting game. :thumbsup2

I took Jake for a diaper change and found a must-do on my way back - Karamell Kuche! Yes please!

I got 4 sea salt caramels - 2 dark chocolate and 2 milk chocolate. I also picked up a small caramel corn to share. Jake and I took our goodies to the register and the cashier just fell in love with Jake (it's the glasses they make him a heartbreaker ;)). She thought he was just the cutest thing and kept talking to him while she rang up the customer in front of us. Jake happened to be holding the caramel corn bag at this point. The cashier saw that he was holding it and said "Oh you can just take that with you if you want! You're too cute!". I laughed and thought she was just joking. But she rang us up for the 4 caramels and then blew Jake a kiss. Yay pixie dust! pixiedust:

Jake and I took our treats back to share. It was almost 9:00 - time for Illuminations! :hyper:

The fireworks were amazing, of course. And I just loved sitting by the water with Nate and Colin in my lap, watching the fireworks. It was a perfect Disney night!

After Illuminations, we headed the LONG way around the WS back to the front of the park. I knew we would have to wait if we went straight to the bus. So I thought it would be better to slowly walk through the empty WS than wait in a bus queue!

It was EMPTY! So very peaceful! So I took this blurry picture with my phone of our view! :rotfl:

When we made it back to FW, we stopped in Mouse Gear to look around. Colin fell in love with a pair of Woody ears. We tried to find some for Nate, but he just wasn't feeling any of the pairs at the store. Spoiler alert - Nate would be sporting his own pair pretty soon!

Our last stop was the sparkling sidewalk. I had read about this in so many TRs so I was excited that we found it! The boys loved running around on the lights! :goodvibes

Finally, we left Epcot and headed over to the AOA bus stop. There was a nearly empty bus waiting when we got to our stop. Yay! We headed out just a few minutes later and made it back to the resort a little before 11:00.

The boys got a quick bath and went to bed. It took them all of 30 seconds to fall asleep after our first park day! The rest of us followed quickly. Tomorrow was going to be a busy day!

Next up

Exploring AOA

Last edited:
Great updates! Lots of fun stuff!

I love Living with the Land, Soarin', and Sunshine Seasons, but totally agree about how difficult it is when you can't bring strollers into the building. I can only imagine with 3 young boys, as I just have one kiddo to manage.

Haha, that would be awesome if Spaceship Earth was just filled with bouncy balls! :rotfl: I think it might become the most popular toddler attraction. Glad you bypassed the long line - it really is amazing that some people just show up without having a clue about things like FP+. :confused3

Yes, Food & Wine is a great adult-only trip! :thumbsup2

Mmmmm, I love the dark chocolate sea salt caramels! That's super cute about the CM falling in love with Jake and giving you (well, him) free caramel corn. :lovestruc

Glad you had a nice view of the show and found the sparkling sidewalks on your way back to a near-empty bus queue. :thumbsup2 Great way to end the day.

I'm glad you loved Soarin!

60 minute wait for SE? Good thing you had that FP!

What a sweet CM in Germany!

What a great first park day!

I'm really enjoying your trip report. I'm getting excited for our upcoming trip at AOA in April. Your boys are adorable.

Great updates! Lots of fun stuff!

I love Living with the Land, Soarin', and Sunshine Seasons, but totally agree about how difficult it is when you can't bring strollers into the building. I can only imagine with 3 young boys, as I just have one kiddo to manage.

Haha, that would be awesome if Spaceship Earth was just filled with bouncy balls! :rotfl: I think it might become the most popular toddler attraction. Glad you bypassed the long line - it really is amazing that some people just show up without having a clue about things like FP+. :confused3

Yes, Food & Wine is a great adult-only trip! :thumbsup2

Mmmmm, I love the dark chocolate sea salt caramels! That's super cute about the CM falling in love with Jake and giving you (well, him) free caramel corn. :lovestruc

Glad you had a nice view of the show and found the sparkling sidewalks on your way back to a near-empty bus queue. :thumbsup2 Great way to end the day.

A stroller would have been a lifesaver! But can you imagine stroller parking in that place! :scared1:

How crazy would a Disney ball pit be? I'm not sure I would ever get the boys out of there! And I agree - how do you go to Disney without a clue? :confused3

I wish I would have had the willpower to save a caramel for home but sadly, it was the perfect midnight snack. Maybe I should get more next time. :lmao:

The sparkling sidewalk was a great way to end our Epcot day! Just a extra touch of Disney magic!

I'm glad you loved Soarin!

60 minute wait for SE? Good thing you had that FP!

What a sweet CM in Germany!

What a great first park day!

I thought the SSE wait was crazy too!

We had a few really great CMs1 I tried to remember their names so I could e-mail guest services but forgot to write hers down.

I'm really enjoying your trip report. I'm getting excited for our upcoming trip at AOA in April. Your boys are adorable.

Thanks for following along! We loved AOA - it was fun to explore, great pool, and the food court was yummy!!
:goodvibes

Exploring AOA

Today was MNSSHP day!!! :cheer2:

The plan for the day was to "sleep in" as much as the boys would then relax in the room some, explore AOA, play at the pool, have lunch at Landscape of Flavors, then rest up for the party.

The boys woke up around 8:00. We had a small breakfast in the room and let them play with the toys we had brought. We all got dressed in swimming gear then headed out to explore AOA - something I had been itching to do since we arrived!

First stop - the playground right next to the pool!

Look at that cute guy hanging out on top!

The playground was pretty small. A few slides and a small climbing area with some steps and a small tunnel. But it was so well themed, just like everything else at AOA!

The boys had a great time playing here. There were some other kids so they enjoyed running around with them!

Colin exploring a tunnel.

My big guy Nate posing.

Jake loved roaming around, too! See Nate in the background there? Maybe you don't since he told me he was being "sneaky"! :rotfl:

After the boys had some time to play, we started to explore the different areas. We were staying in the Crush building. Across from us was this guy!

Mr. Ray! The boys loved all of the Nemo statues since it's one of their favorite movies.

Little guys just swimming, just keep swimming!

Next we moved on to the Cars section. We left the sea and headed over to Radiator Springs!

We had to take pictures with every car, of course!

I'm pretty sure Jake was taking a nap in the stroller at this point which explains why he isn't in any of our Cars pictures.

Nate doing a cool guy pose with Ramone!

Everything was so well themed! I loved that each of the Cars buildings was designed after a different building in Radiator Springs!

Mater was one of their favorites! They liked checking out his mouth I guess?

See them in the back of Mater here? Well that's a no-no apparently! Every other statue had a sign that said "no climbing on the car". Except Mater. We didn't get in trouble but the next family did. Apparently the sign had been taken down/stolen? So unless you want to get fussed at by an angry AOA worker, stay off Mater!

Luigi's Casa Della Tires!

Thumbs up for the star of the show, Lightning McQueen!

We left Radiator Springs and headed over to the Pride Lands - Lion King!

You can see the scale of the statues here! So cool. This area was more closed off and quieter. I do remember there were some beautiful flowers and plants around the statues!

Nate and Colin exploring together! :lovestruc

We wanted to make it down to Little Mermaid but it was getting hot and the boys wanted to swim! So we headed back to the Big Blue Pool!

The sprayground where we spent most of our pool time!

Our room was just past those double gates in the background. It was nice being a short walk from the pool (and food court and bus stop!).

Jake loved the sprayground! It was perfect for his age. He could run around and chase the sprayers without someone holding his hand.

The big boys played in the sprayground some but they wanted to swim in the "big pool". The pool really is huge! The zero entry feature was great because the boys could splash in the shallow area and play with the water features. After they got bored with that, we headed in a little deeper. I really liked that there were plenty of kids life jackets at the pool! We grabbed lifejackets and the boys swam for a while until Nate felt like he needed a break.

Obviously, Disney World agrees with him! :rotfl:

We swam until around 11 and then headed into LOF for lunch. They were still serving breakfast so the boys all got french toast, sausage, and fruit. I got the kids chicken burger with fries and grapes. And that's all I remember. I need to be better about food pictures next trip!

After lunch we headed back to the room. Everyone napped and/or rested until it was time to get up to head to MK for the party!!

Next up

It' the CASTLE!!

Last edited:
Sounds like a really nice, easy morning. I just love all the theming at AoA - I wish I'd been able to spend more than like 5 minutes walking around it. Thanks for all the photos. Izzy would love that splash pad too.

Sounds like a great morning! It's so fun exploring AoA and it looks like you guys had a blast at the pool!! Great pictures :goodvibes

Sounds like a really nice, easy morning. I just love all the theming at AoA - I wish I'd been able to spend more than like 5 minutes walking around it. Thanks for all the photos. Izzy would love that splash pad too.

We really loved AOA! It just felt totally immersive - from the lobby to LOF, the pool, the rooms! And the pool was great for all ages!!

I'm really enjoying your trip report. Thank you for sharing with us.

Thanks for following along! :)

Sounds like a great morning! It's so fun exploring AoA and it looks like you guys had a blast at the pool!! Great pictures :goodvibes

We really loved AOA. I'm pretty sure we're going to stay there next trip too. And the pool is super fun - and HUGE! :)

Just popping in to say that hopefully I'll be able to update later this week. The hard drive on my laptop went bad so I'm waiting for a new one from Dell. :guilty:

joining in! (also my first post after the migration so I hope this works out ok :bitelip:)

We just went to Disney last August for the first time as a 3-kid family - so know how much fun it can be - but also how it can cause the need to adjust and be flexible)

My in-laws live in Central PA (in Perry County - kinda near Mechanicsburg and Charlisle) and have flown to Disney with them in the past (we usually fly out of DC in those cases). Sounds like while a long day, the travel down went fairly smoothly.

Sounds like a fun and productive trip to DTD - so hard to keep the purchases in check at times - especially with some of the new stores like the Co-op Market place

Chef Mickey's is one place we have not done yet (menu doesn't wow us and we have focussed on other character meals - often those with princesses) but do think we need to try it at some point. I don't think I ever noticed that they had plates with "compartments" - that is a great idea for kids though

Interested to hear what you thought of your room/family suite at AoA as I think we could try that out during a future trip.

Everyone has those nerves the first time you use MagicBands. Glad to hear yours worked fine (we seemed to do well with them as well, but can see that as being frustrating for people that have had issues with them)

Cute picture with all three boys giving Mickey a hug :goodvibes

Fully agree with you that I love when the PP Photographers capture the candid moments as well. Some were definitely better at that than others but they led to some great shots for us as well.

Of course there was a 10 minute posted time for Nemo - it takes at least that long to walk through the ~37.4 mile long queue :laughing:

Fully agree that the FP+ for a lot of the shows is not really helpful. One downside to the system we found is that you have to make 3 FP+ when you might not need that many given the members of your group

Living with the Land is one of our favorite attractions - we hit it up every trip (sometimes more than once). Also would like to do the Behind the Seeds tour at some point in the future.

Your lunch at SS was almost the same as ours. Those fish tacos are pretty darn good. I was a little surprised how spicy they were (generally things are toned down at Disney) but I very much enjoyed them :thumbsup2

Wow 60 minute wait for SSE! - good thing you had those super secret special passes :lmao:

Glad things worked out with taking the breaks and not having any melt downs .... big goal for a successful trip :thumbsup2

I think we have trained our kids to go along with Food & Wine but it is definitely most fun as just adults. Wow, having a but kids came in handy for getting a free treat. Bringing glow sticks is such a great idea - and saves a ton of money vs. buying glow toys in the park

A few trips ago we spent some time exploring AoA and really loved the theming and that Nemo themed play area. We also had to get a picture with every. single. car. in the Cars section.

Love the pool area - looks great for kids of all ages

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter