Strange letter from Poly

pamlet

DIS Veteran
We are staying a the Poly in July. I have a regular lagoon view booked.

We've received a letter starting "Thank you for choosing Disney's Polynesian Resort and concierge level service for your vacation destination". Then the letter goes on to explain about the move from Hawaii to Tahiti for concierge service.

I'm perplexed.... do you suppose this is a mistake? Or could it be that somehow we were upgraded early?!

Not that I would turn it down - we disussed utlizing concierge - but opted for the straight lagoon view to save the money. Breakfast in the room is definately less expensive for us!

Whatever the case I found it nice that they would send the letter - and I'm not getting my hopes up!

Pam

I guess anything is possible, but this is not the usual. You can call and verify or wait and see what happens at check in.

If it's a mistake I guess it depends on how much you want to push it.

I just figured I'd hold tight. Like I said we aren't expecting anything. I guess I just should have asked if anyone else had received a letter and were not booked into concierge.

If we are upgraded - then cool - if not - we'll get the lagoon view!:jester:

What does it say on your confirmation letter? I'd think that whatever your confirmation says is correct. I've never heard of an upgrade in advance of arrival, but who knows.

Believe me I checked the confirmation letter - it's a regular lagoon view.

I accused my husband of calling and changing it - he denies it. Laugh....

I believe the reason you received this letter is because you booked lagoon view and with the rehab of the Hawaii concierge, they will be using Tahiti for concierge. This means less lagoon view rooms to be had. It notifies you that Tahiti will not be available as a lagoon view room unless you choose to go with concierge. It doesn't sound like it's pointing that out in a direct way, but that is the way it will be. Alot of people who choose lagoon view do request the Tahiti, because of the awesome views from this longhouse, this will not be possible during rehab.

Just my thoughts. :D

Ahhhhh - you make such a wonderful point!!! I'm rather fuzzy this morning...

BUT - they really shouldn't state that we chose the concierge services.. laugh- it made too much of a mystery. And I DO love a mystery!

Thanks for the input - that really does seem like it could be the answer!

I'm not sure that the confirmation letters don't state concierge level anyway. I know ours didn't and I think I've seen other questions asking about it.

Pamlet, I would hang on to that letter! My firend just got the same exact letter! We are traveling with 2 other families at the end of May. We all booked separately through the same code and only she got the letter...go figure. We only booked GV rooms too...not LV or Concierge. I think you'll be upgraded and so will my friend:D Lucky duck...when does my mail come????lol

I was wondering if anyone else got one. It will be interesting to see what happens with your friend!

We are so incredibly excited - we haven't been to Disney in a few years - and never just with our family - always extended family.

Have a blast when y'all go!

Pam

This is the reason - whenever you are going to the POLY. it's rennovating some of the longhouses and I read that they were moving the concierge service to a different long house when they are working on the Hawaii building.

well Seeing that there is only 100 LV room this summer with Hawaii being redone, 34 of them being non-concierge. I personally thought this might happen. With there being limited no# of non concierge LV rooms I was sure they would have to move some up to concierge. Which has 66 rooms. I would save that letter also.
Have a great time:Pinkbounc

Pamlet...I'll let you know what happened in ~50 days! I think she'll get bumped to concierge GV (my friend) and you'll get bumped to concierge too. You never know...

I booked Poly regular GV for June, and I received the same letter today. I guess I will hold onto it also. Would definetly accept the upgrade if offered.:smooth:

Did you book at rack rate?

If so maybe this is a gesture to reward those paying regular rates since they need the rooms for those moving from POFQ at moderate rate plus $30.

It would only be fair.

I booked in September originally with AAA rate, but have applied all of the rates as they have come out. Currently at $244 per night. Will be there for 6 nights June 15-21

I have a GV booked for late June at the $244 rate and received the letter too. Wouldn't that be great if we have been upgraded!:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc I will try very hard not to get my hopes up though!

If they were putting non-consierge people on the consierge level, how would they know who is who? You need your key to get into the building but not the lounge.

Maybe they are offering concierge services to the people who are staying there because of rehab because it would be too confusing otherwise?:confused:

That wouldn't be the end of the world -- would it?:D

I believe as well it may be because of those of us that are getting relocated from POFQ. They are probably moving non-concierge guests paying closer to rack rate into concierge. It seems to have dual purposes. First, it allows guests paying more money to not feel slighted because of the relocation; and then, it also makes more room for transfers from POFQ. I think Disney is trying to make all their guests happy through this process. I am glad to see that Disney Magic is still alive and well!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter