Strange letter from Poly

I also received the same letter the other day. I booked a GV for Aug. in March with the Comeback Rate. I was wondering if we were given an upgrade due to the POFQ closure causing people to be given rooms at the POLY. I'm just going to hold on to the letter until we check in and see what happens. If we get upgraded that would be nice, but if we don't we'll still be happy.
I'm sure if anyone calls to see what this letter is about they'll post what information they receive.

We got the same letter and called CRO to see if we had been upgraded for our stay mid-June. Tried to be careful, because we didn't want to be downgraded if it turned out to be a "mistake"! According to their records, we are still booked in a standard GV room. They had no explanation for why we got the letter. If anyone gets better info, please post!

IMHO I would say that anyone who received that letter will be upgraded upon check-in for all the reasons stated here - probably mainly because of the need to accomodate (sp?) the POFQ guests and it's been known to happen before.

Originally posted by Hayley
If they were putting non-consierge people on the consierge level, how would they know who is who? You need your key to get into the building but not the lounge.

Maybe they are offering concierge services to the people who are staying there because of rehab because it would be too confusing otherwise?:confused:

That wouldn't be the end of the world -- would it?:D

I think the ones getting the concierge letter are going to recieve all the bennies of concierge and not just the room. They must be upgrading the ones that booked earlier in LV Poly rooms to concierge to make room for the overflow of PO. I only have a GV at the Poly reserved and I'm not coming from the PO. I really hope they don't upgrade me as the concierge room is too far for my mom to have to walk all the time. Pretty bad that I hope I'm not upgraded to concierge!

I just called the Polynesian directly and asked about this. The letter was sent out for information only. There are no upgrades being offered. They only sent the letter to everyone staying at the resort so that they would know what was going on during their time of stay.

Originally posted by lvs_eeyore
I just called the Polynesian directly and asked about this. The letter was sent out for information only. There are no upgrades being offered. They only sent the letter to everyone staying at the resort so that they would know what was going on during their time of stay.

Did you get this letter also?

Yes but we are booked into Lagoon View Concierge already. The person I talked to said EVERYONE got the letter concierge or not. Its only to let people know whats going on at the resort during their time of visit. It makes sense that they would tell everyone since so many of the lagoon view rooms will be used by the conceirge now. They wont be available for regular LV rooms and I guess they dont want people to get their hopes up that they will get Tahiti.

Originally posted by lvs_eeyore
Yes but we are booked into Lagoon View Concierge already. The person I talked to said EVERYONE got the letter concierge or not.

I went back to the original post and read what the letter said - and I just have to say - this is very weird!:eek:

You all know how much I love WDW and all, but this is just one of those example where they handled a mailing really badly - IMO, they shouldn't be saying.......

<i>"Thank you for choosing Disney's Polynesian Resort and concierge level service for your vacation destination"</i>

to anyone except those who are getting concierge! It's just way too misleading otherwise. And just so you know, I've already paid for concierge, so it doesn't affect me and I didn't get the letter - I can just see how you all must have been very confused.

I booked a concierge lagoon room for July and my confirmation paperwork indicated lagoon view, but no concierge. When I called and inquired, she said we were still in concierge even though it did not appear on my paperwork. My deposit was for the concierge rate.

My friend did NOT book concierge and she got a letter. I book GV (also not concierge) and did NOT get a letter, and my other friend booked GV (not concierge) and she also did not recieve a letter. We booked ages ago and rebooked through codes in Jan-Feb. They haven't sent the letter to everyone!!! I hope you get upgraded. I saw the letter and it did say "thanks for choosing concierge level"....that's why I think it will be an upgrade.

Just wondering, but for those who received a letter regarding concierge..

Why don't you just call and ask them what it's about? If they've upgraded you, they aren't going to downgrade you because you called. If they didn't, you'd know for sure. I doubt with this many letters apparently going out that it's a mistake they're going to "catch" if you call and cost you a free upgrade.

Personally, I'd want to make sure everything was straightened out before I arrived.

I don't plan to call because I'll be happy either way...I'll be at the Polynesian.:D

Whew - I go on vacation a couple days and this letter stirred all sorts of possibilities...:earseek:

Well - it's going to be interesting to see!!

It is very odd to me that they specifically mention booking the concierge level. If they have done a mass mailing advising this generically, then it is definately poor management of the mailing.

They could have easily sent a letter stating exactly what the scoop was - dividing out concierge vs non concierge. I'm sure all hotels overbook (even Disney) and there will be a limited number of LV rooms (concierge or not). At the time I booked it was well known (by me - therefore Disney) that the Tahiti would not be available for regular LV rooms.

I'm hoping the theory about the other hotel being closed at short notice is the correct one. That COULD account for some upgrades. We'll see!

Pam

Originally posted by BCV23
I don't plan to call because I'll be happy either way...I'll be at the Polynesian.:D

I was just curious because there do seem to be an awful lot of people very interested in what the letter means and whether or not they were being upgraded. It would seem to me that the easiest thing to do would be call and find out rather than wondering for months on end.

I guess whether I was staying in concierge or not would make a big difference to me in my planning, so I'd want to know if where I was staying. Of course if it makes no difference to you one way or the other, then there's no reason to call.

** Actually, now that I've read the entire thread, I see where someone actually did call and was told what the deal was so I guess my question's already been answered.;)

I'm sure for some people it would make a difference in planning but not for me. We eat at Kona for breakfast at least once concierge or not. I make my own PSs. The evening snacks serve as appetizers not dinner for us...how I love that though. A glass of wine and whatever Dick is serving that night. Yum. We would eat breakfast from concierge rather than pick up stuff from Captain Cooks or the Kona Coffee Bar on days where we didn't eat at Kona but that is not planned ahead by me anyway. The desserts and cognacs in the evening are a wonderful end to the day but not something I would need to replace or schedule around. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Oh I agree - actually while we had considered concierge - when the cost was weighed with what we would utilize it came out much less expensive to "do it ourselves" - breakfast, snacks, etc.

The only reason I considered it was wanting a room at the Tahiti anyway - mostly due to the fact that a lagoon view there is the prettiest.

We chose to go with the lower priced lagoon view - SO - if the letter does mean Tahiti that would be fabulous!

I have dragged my feet on PS tho' - I need to do that this week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter