Strange omission from the Wish?

When you look at the official Disney Princess brand where Merida is the last addition to, Mulan is part of it. So is Pocahontas. The term 'princess' in the brand is not used as a title. Belle didnt get married to the prince on screen, till 2017. So did she have a princess title? It is more about a feminine lead who has to overcome hardships.

Merida has joined the British Isles cruises, according to old navigators.

But yeah, I have said it before, it is a shame that Disney only sticks to the same characters on every ship. Let them rotate, have 1 or 2 classic princesses, 1 or 2 from Renaissance and 1 or 2 from the new era. You can change it per season.

I guess that at a certain point a survey was done and Disney sticks to the result, no matter if it is outdated. Similar to cruise gifts. At a certain point someone said 'I like a slingbag' and they will rather die than change it.
Well I had Mulan, Tiana, Snowwhite, Ariel, Cinderella and Rapunzel on the Magic last week so not exactly the same mix and I've been told for my August Iceland cruise Merida should be there as well

There are 2 more new ships coming. I would venture to guess perhaps - as the Wish is themed overall to Cinderella - perhaps one of the next ships will be themed overall to Snow White.
This is a good possibility. Since there are three I could see each one get themed around Cinderella, Snow White, and Aurora as the original 3 princesses.

This is a good possibility. Since there are three I could see each one get themed around Cinderella, Snow White, and Aurora as the original 3 princesses.
I was just gonna write.. you guys are also omitting one main Princess and that is Sleeping Beauty. She doesnt get much love either.

I was just gonna write.. you guys are also omitting one main Princess and that is Sleeping Beauty. She doesnt get much love either.
She has her own suite on the Wish! And she has themed art in normal staterooms.

I agree in general she doesn’t get much love though.

Well I had Mulan, Tiana, Snowwhite, Ariel, Cinderella and Rapunzel on the Magic last week so not exactly the same mix and I've been told for my August Iceland cruise Merida should be there as well
Oh yes, I saw that on some videos, I think that is a recent addition since January. Before Covid you almost never saw Muland ans Snow on ant of the ships. Rapunzel was only on the magic due to the restaurant and Merida on cruises that have stops in Scotland.

So, clearly the Wish is very Princess-themed.

My favorite Disney animated movie, and favorite princess is Cinderella, so as you can imagine, I am thrilled to pieces with the Wish's theming.

Many of the princesses are represented in the stateroom theming. Technically, Moana isn't a princess, which makes other omissions all the more strange, but....I'm not trying to pick a fight over Moana. I like Moana very much. But, she isn't a princess.

I digress.

Some princesses are represented more than others- Princess and the Frog is in the staterooms and has its own (amazing and gorgeous) lounge area. Frozen is in the staterooms, kids clubs, and has its own freaking restaurant haha. Beauty and the Beast has pretty much the entire adult dining wing as its area.

This makes it all the more odd to me that for one, we haven't seen much of Jasmine. Now to be fair, Aladdin is the protagonist of that movie. Also, the big showtime spectacular is supposed to be Aladdin. So...I can give them a pass on that.

But, the huge, glaring omission to me is Snow White. The original princess. The one that started it all. Yes, I have seen some artwork and little touches here and there. But, no major areas- no lounges, no staterooms, no kids club area, no restaurants...I don't believe it is one of the films featured at Marceline Market.

The omission feels very intentional. Can anyone imagine why? I don't know if they think that Snow White is too dated, and won't connect to the younger generation....I just don't know. But again, on a princess-themed cruise ship, to leave out the first princess feels like...it wasn't an accident.

Thoughts?
As Maui said, "If you wear a dress and have an animal sidekick, you're a princess."

Oh yes, I saw that on some videos, I think that is a recent addition since January. Before Covid you almost never saw Muland ans Snow on ant of the ships. Rapunzel was only on the magic due to the restaurant and Merida on cruises that have stops in Scotland.
She used to be a regular before 2010 as well, just like Peter Pan, Wendy, alice etc

Snow was on the Magic last August too.

I love Rapunzel being on all the ships, she is always so sweet.

There are 2 more new ships coming. I would venture to guess perhaps - as the Wish is themed overall to Cinderella - perhaps one of the next ships will be themed overall to Snow White.

I thought the same thing but....I just doubt they are going that direction.

The other reason Snow White makes so much sense on the Wish is while the theme is heavily princess, the other main theme is...well, it feels like a love letter to Walt. You have Marceline Market and 1923. You have the Fab 5 as the main characters on the quick-service food station, including a Steamboat Willie-esque Mickey. You have a lot of the classic Disney movies represented. So, having the original princess movie, a movie dating back to 1938, a film that won Walt an Oscar...with no significant representation.....it just doesn't make sense to me.

When you look at the official Disney Princess brand where Merida is the last addition to, Mulan is part of it. So is Pocahontas. The term 'princess' in the brand is not used as a title. Belle didnt get married to the prince on screen, till 2017. So did she have a princess title? It is more about a feminine lead who has to overcome hardships.

Merida has joined the British Isles cruises, according to old navigators.

But yeah, I have said it before, it is a shame that Disney only sticks to the same characters on every ship. Let them rotate, have 1 or 2 classic princesses, 1 or 2 from Renaissance and 1 or 2 from the new era. You can change it per season.

I guess that at a certain point a survey was done and Disney sticks to the result, no matter if it is outdated. Similar to cruise gifts. At a certain point someone said 'I like a slingbag' and they will rather die than change it.

As I said in my previous post, I am well aware of what the Disney Princess branding is.

And, everyone is entitled to their opinion of that Disney Princess brand. That wasn't really my point.

But, *this* ship in particular seems to be focusing more on the traditional princesses. This is why an omission like Snow White just doesn't make sense, whereas an omission like Mulan is more understandable.

I think that would be super cool.

I just don't see them going all in on Princesses x3. I think it's more likely that they will have a different theming....all heavily themed in the same way the Wish is. I could see a Small World themed ship which would lean more heavily on characters like Mulan, Lilo & Stitch, Encanto, Coco, Mary Poppins. (I would LOVE to see Mary Poppins as one of the atrium statues btw)

While I agree that I think the other 2 ships will have very specific themes....I am not sure they will have 3 Princess ones.

Last edited:

Aurora [AKA Briar Rose] IS "sleeping beauty"...

She has her own suite on the Wish! And she has themed art in normal staterooms.

I agree in general she doesn’t get much love though.
As this person said she has staterooms as well! https://dclfan.com/disney-cruise-ships/3d-virtual-tour-of-disney-wish-deluxe-family-oceanview-stateroom-with-verandah/

I like Snow White but think she isn't featured because few kids connect with her, because she's the oldest Disney princess and most of them haven't seen the movie.

I like Snow White but think she isn't featured because few kids connect with her, because she's the oldest Disney princess and most of them haven't seen the movie.

That's possible.

But, to be fair, Snow White has the theme of the most popular ride in the Magic Kingdom. And, the 7 Dwarves are always a HUGE draw at the parties. And, I previously mentioned Artist Point being very popular.

So, I think there's a chance Snow White still has a connection, even if many of them haven't seen the movie (which is frankly, just sad. Next thing, you are going to tell me they haven't seen Bambi either.)

That's possible.

But, to be fair, Snow White has the theme of the most popular ride in the Magic Kingdom. And, the 7 Dwarves are always a HUGE draw at the parties. And, I previously mentioned Artist Point being very popular.

So, I think there's a chance Snow White still has a connection, even if many of them haven't seen the movie (which is frankly, just sad. Next thing, you are going to tell me they haven't seen Bambi either.)
I really like Snow White and agree that adults really like her. I still think it's because they theme the ships around movies and that young children don't know her so well because most haven't seen the 1937 film. They've seen her character image around, but not so much the actual movie.

The 7 Dwarves ride is popular not only because of its theming, but also because it's a roller coaster in Magic Kingdom, and there are only a few of those. If it were a slow dark ride like the Frozen ride, but Snow White themed, it wouldn't be getting the crowds it gets, or that the Frozen ride gets. People like you and me would like it, but it wouldn't be a top-tier ride as far as crowds are concerned. And you can enjoy the Artist Point experience without knowing the characters well. Adults are the ones making the reservations.

I have to mention Belle. She was very high-profile (Royal Tea, photo appearances, walking though Royal Court) on the Fantasy earlier this year. AND, I believe she's the only princess that has a special dress for Christmas.IMG_20220101_101153.jpg

My daughter's favorite -- and we've never seen her make an appearance on any of the four ships we've sailed on over the years.

I have to mention Belle. She was very high-profile (Royal Tea, photo appearances, walking though Royal Court) on the Fantasy earlier this year. AND, I believe she's the only princess that has a special dress for Christmas.View attachment 680983
If the other princesses had crappy direct to video sequels set around Christmas, they would get a Christmas dress too ;)

I do agree Belle is special when it comes to outfits. She already had 2 outfits, where most princesses have 1 for the parks M&G. I think in her movie, did she have the most dresses? Which is not surprising, as time actually passes in her movie. You need to change your clothes at least some days.

If the other princesses had crappy direct to video sequels set around Christmas, they would get a Christmas dress too ;)

I do agree Belle is special when it comes to outfits. She already had 2 outfits, where most princesses have 1 for the parks M&G. I think in her movie, did she have the most dresses? Which is not surprising, as time actually passes in her movie. You need to change your clothes at least some days.
I think I saw that despite being a frog most of the movie Tiana has the most looks though I think Belle, Rapunzel, Anna & Elsa between the original film and various sequels and shorts have a decent sized look book

I think I saw that despite being a frog most of the movie Tiana has the most looks though I think Belle, Rapunzel, Anna & Elsa between the original film and various sequels and shorts have a decent sized look book
That's true! We went to see the Disney Princesses at the Kennedy Center a few months ago and that was one of the fun facts on the screen. 10 or 11 (if you count her outfits as a child or her throwing a jacket over her yellow waitress dress as she goes to work).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter