Stroller after break?

newestkg06

DIS Veteran
We plan to take an afternoon break on our 2nd MK day and then return for MSEP and Wishes. We have 7&4 yo old boys and will be renting a double stroller from Orlando strollers. I'm wondering what others do about the stroller? We will certainly be bringing it in the morning, but I'm worried if it's worth it to bring back in the evening. I can see both sides here: the kids will be very tired so that may be nice to have, but the crowds will be terrible (especially since Wishes is only a few nights this week because of MNSSHP) so trying to plow through the crowds...., and getting it on/off the buses or ferry at the end of the night will be awful. Maybe bring it with less stuff? Or skip it altogether knowing we will have to probably carry the 4yo?
If it helps, we are hoping to get a Wishes fastpass.

Last year I did the oposite with my 4yo. No stroller in the morning and early afterrnon, we were bringing the stroller only after our mid day break. We did the same for every park.

I agree that evening is for sure when you want the stroller and crowds are the time you want both kids in it if possible. Loosing a kid after a night time show has always been a fear of mine!!!

I'm with the previous posters - they're fresh and ready to go in the morning. Let them walk and get tired for the midday break. Then take the stroller for the nighttime crowd. On the bad side, yeah, it's not very fun to maneuver it through the crowd, however, there have been some nights where I have been genuinely terrified of losing my kids in the crowd - one slip of the hand and we would have been separated by dozens of people! The stroller is wonderful for not worrying about holding onto them every second.

Exactly. Evening is the most important time, especially in crowds.

As a side benefit in crowds, it gives the pusher a bit of relief from the crowd. I am claustrophobic and having the area above the stroller, gives me some breathing room and I am happier to travel at a snails pace, while my little ones safely enjoyed sleeping or having a snack in the stroller.

Interestingly, we had gone to DL dozens of time in our own stroller from age 1-5. When we went to WDW, we rented from a private company and none of the strollers come with the snack tray , like our strollers have. I talked to DS and ended up ordering one to bring. I think it gave him extra security that this was his space that the crowds could not encroach on (in addition to housing yummy snacks and drinks!).

Last edited:
When we took our stroller for the evening events I found that when we made the mass exodus from the park, we always ended up in a group of parents and strollers. I think other folks avoid us like the plague, which is good for me because I really really really didn't want to be the jerk to catch someone's ankle. I highly suggest the stroller for the evenings.

I would use it for sure in the evening. On our last trip my son still used a stroller and I was so grateful to have it during MNSSHP if for no other reason that the crowds and it ensuring we didn't get separated.

Thanks so much for this everyone! Fastpass window is next week and I'm crossing fingers for a Wishes fastpass. I'm thinking we should get a few sundaes to share during the show and just hang out within the area until after the crowds start to disperse a bit so that we aren't playing battaram with the stroller. Does anyone know if strollers are allowed within the fastpass area or could suggest a good place to park it?

maneuvering the stroller isn't as bad as i thought it would be. i think it's because 90% of the groups there seem to have a stroller or scooter amongst them. I don't know about Wishes specifically, but i've never had a problem parking a stroller nearby anywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter