Strollers at WDW?

C&Psmom

Earning My Ears
Can anyone tell me about the strollers that you can rent at WDW (do they recline)? I have a DD who is 5 and we will need to use a stroller for our trip and I didn't know if I should bring my own or should I rent one at the parks. If I should bring my own can anyone tell me of a stroller that is good quality and folds easily. We took our current stroller on our last trip and is was really nice to have it but is was a little bulky to get off and on the buses. Any help will really be appreciated!

At MK, Epcot and AK the strollers are a plastic, low riding stoller. The seat back is upright, but there is plenty of floor space for her to strutch her legs in. They do not recline. The do have a large canopy so unless she is directly facing the sun, it is shaded. There are several large pockets in the back for storage. At MGM the strollers are like the jogging strollers. They are made of a mesh material and lean back slightly more than the others, though they don't recline. The MGM strollers also sit more like an umbrella stroller as far as the leg position goes. They also have a canopy and pockets, though the pockets don't have as much room as the others.

When I took my sister last year (5) we rented a stroller every day and she never complained that they were uncomfortable. In fact, I think she rahter liked the plastic ones. We didn't take our own because I find the handles on her umbrella stroller to be too low and thus uncomfortable for me to push, not to mention that I always kick the wheels with my long strides.

Hope this helps. Not being the mom, I can't make any suggestions on types of stollers if you decide to take your own.

Tia
162 days til our return to the Movies

Thanks for responding and for the information!! I knew that WDW had more than one type of stroller that you could rent but I couldn't remember the different types and which ones were at which park( they say the mind is the first to go!!). Thanks again and I hope you have a great time on your trip to WDW!!!!

Don't know much about strollers anymore as my daughter is now 20. But I do know that Deb Wills has pictures of the WDW strollers over on her site. Here's the link if you're interested:

http://wdwig.com/strol_faq.htm

They say that "pictures are worth a thousand words". :D

Hope it helps with your decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter