Studio Deluxe comparisons?

JayLew5695

Earning My Ears
Hey All, new user here and considering jumping into the DVC world. I have a family of 5, and we'd use the points mainly with Deluxe Studios. Can anyone here compare them for me? I see the Poly has the largest, but is also the most expensive to buy into. My biggest priorities are .. 1) space. more usable space the better. 2) view of fireworks and shows at night.

if views of fireworks are a "must have" then Poly has your best combination of 1 and 2. VGF has some standard studios that are lovely and large, and may have a view of the fireworks, but view from the room is not guaranteed. But you can easily walk to the marina and watch fireworks from there. BLT has theme park and some lake view studios with views of MK fireworks, and the roof lounge to watch fireworks from, BUT the studios only sleep 4 and are tiny.

BWV has some studios that can see fireworks at DHS or Epcot, but not both parks at the same time, and those views are not guaranteed.

So for all that, I think I'd say Poly for you, so long as you would be ok not having a home resort advantage for a 1BR. Alternatively, I'd look into points for a resale contract at BLT with enough points for a lake or theme park view 1BR. The 1BRs at BLT have 2 full baths and sleep 5, and you can get a guaranteed view of fireworks from your room (and also easy access to top of the world lounge on the roof)

Also - you might want to edit your post to add a poll (if you can) - then you can see what people vote. Good luck!

Thanks so much for all of the info!

if views of fireworks are a "must have" then Poly has your best combination of 1 and 2. VGF has some standard studios that are lovely and large, and may have a view of the fireworks, but view from the room is not guaranteed. But you can easily walk to the marina and watch fireworks from there. BLT has theme park and some lake view studios with views of MK fireworks, and the roof lounge to watch fireworks from, BUT the studios only sleep 4 and are tiny.

BWV has some studios that can see fireworks at DHS or Epcot, but not both parks at the same time, and those views are not guaranteed.

So for all that, I think I'd say Poly for you, so long as you would be ok not having a home resort advantage for a 1BR. Alternatively, I'd look into points for a resale contract at BLT with enough points for a lake or theme park view 1BR. The 1BRs at BLT have 2 full baths and sleep 5, and you can get a guaranteed view of fireworks from your room (and also easy access to top of the world lounge on the roof)

Also - you might want to edit your post to add a poll (if you can) - then you can see what people vote. Good luck!

Thanks so much for all of the info!
You're welcome! The users here have a ton of info - I read and learned a lot for about a year before buying in, and it was the best source of information anywhere (including the DVC "guides.")

I would look at resales and consider BLT for the 1BR theme park view rooms. They sleep 5 and have floor to ceiling windows with views of the MK fireworks. The full kitchen, in-room laundry facilities and the second full bathroom are amazing amenities that really make DVC vacationing easier. DVC studios are very nice, don't get me wrong, but for a family of 5, it would be really hard to recommend buying a long-term timeshare with the intention of regularly putting 5 people into a studio. If you buy at the Poly, your options will be a studio or a bungalow because that is all they have. If you ever intend to expand into a 1 or 2BR, I would suggest buying in at a resort that offers those options.

I would look at resales and consider BLT for the 1BR theme park view rooms. They sleep 5 and have floor to ceiling windows with views of the MK fireworks. The full kitchen, in-room laundry facilities and the second full bathroom are amazing amenities that really make DVC vacationing easier. DVC studios are very nice, don't get me wrong, but for a family of 5, it would be really hard to recommend buying a long-term timeshare with the intention of regularly putting 5 people into a studio. If you buy at the Poly, your options will be a studio or a bungalow because that is all they have. If you ever intend to expand into a 1 or 2BR, I would suggest buying in at a resort that offers those options.

Also, BLT studios only sleep 4. Poly and VGF studios sleep 5. BLT studios are among the smallest (if not THE smallest), but the 1BR are among the nicest because they sleep 5 and have 2 baths and views of the fireworks. And then you might want to run cost comparisons between BLT 1BR standard (for which you need BLT points and home advantage to book, sometimes 1BR TPV will also need home advantage) v. buying enough SSR points to book a BLT 1BR LV, where some rooms can have a pretty decent fireworks view anyway.

Connecting studios at Poly does offer, to me at least, an alternative to a 1 bedroom if cooking is not an important part of Vacation. I am considering Poly for that reason. A change of heart in a son is making me consider this.

Worth noting: If a fireworks view is a big deal, the two best options for units for 5 are the BLT 1BR Theme Park View, and the Poly Lake View Studio.

There are other units here and there with side-on or indirect or lucky views of fireworks, but they are not bookable. TPV at BLT and Poly Lake View are the only bookable view types with high probability of fireworks views. (There is some issue with the 1st floor Lake Views.)

Oh, and the Poly Bungalows and probably CCV Cabins. But we shan't mention them for Reasons.

BLT 1 bedroom TPV rooms have a really high point cost, some may find it worth it, but I'm not sure I would. 7 nights during Texas Spring Break is 363 points. A lake view Poly studio is 199. If I didn't care about the kitchen for the trip I'd probably go Poly Lake view.

Don't get me wrong, I love BLT, we own there, but we're standard view/lake view kinda folks. Sometimes you get lucky though. Last trip we has room 7220 a std view 1bedroom on the second floor right next to the lobby. We thought the view was fine, we could see the castle and space mountain, and the fireworks every night. You can't count on it though with a standard view room though.

One other nice thing about the Poly Studios is that there are 1 1/2 bathrooms. There are two showers and two sinks. Only one toilet though. So, if you have 5 people trying to get ready at the same time, that extra shower will come in handy!

We stayed at the Poly for the first time earlier this year and we really enjoyed it. We didn't have a theme park view, but we just walked out to the beach to watch the fireworks.

You guys are awesome- this is all great info. Would you say that Poly is a hard resort to book if its not your home base?

You guys are awesome- this is all great info. Would you say that Poly is a hard resort to book if its not your home base?
Depends on timing. From January to Labor Day, availability has been good. During Fall Frenzy, it can be difficult to get a week at 7 months sometimes, and this may accelerate now that Poly is > < to selling out. A large number of points at Poly were sold against the bungalows, but most Poly owners are booking studios. So there is a point mismatch to accommodation demand that plays in, moreso during high demand season.

There were weeks this fall with gaps in availability before 7 months.

I am a firm believer in the “buy where you want to stay” theory. 7 month availability is getting more difficult

Sounds like the poly is a good home.
Poly lake view studio is my new favorite room.
Granted we usually stay studio or 1BR
But I loved poly way more than I thought and the room is huge and configured just right.
As for moving on to 2 BR . You will always get something at 7 months for me it has usually been 1st choice.
Happy planning
Kerri

Hey All, new user here and considering jumping into the DVC world. I have a family of 5, and we'd use the points mainly with Deluxe Studios. Can anyone here compare them for me? I see the Poly has the largest, but is also the most expensive to buy into. My biggest priorities are .. 1) space. more usable space the better. 2) view of fireworks and shows at night.
With 5 I think you'll outgrow studios pretty quickly. I'd suggest you consider 1 BR instead even if you had to compromise on the resort choice. At least get enough points you can do a 1 BR part of the time so you'll have options as you move along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter