Studios

ericaseiler

Mouseketeer
I apoligize if this isn't the correct board for this question.
I am looking to rent points (first time renter) for our trip next year. Just beginning to do some reasearch. I have stayed at many resorts on property but never in the Villas portion of them. I was looking for a studio for me, DH, DD7, DD3 but after researching and looking at pics online, I am seeing that there is only one bed and then one pull-out sofa bed- is this accurate? And if so, do any of the studios offer two 'real' beds? One bedrooms?
Thank you for your help!

The only studios with two queen beds are those at Old Key West. All others have a queen bed and sleeper sofa.

All 1-bedrooms will have a king bed in the master and a sleeper sofa in the living room. Some 1-bedrooms will also have a sleeper chair.

Studios at OKW include two beds. All others are sofa and a bed. Moving up to a 1 bedroom will not get you two beds either. The 1 beds have a king bed in the bedroom, and a sofa. Some (many) also have the sleeper chair.

I love OKW, and the studios there are the closest to a "regular" hotel room.

Not only does OKW offer the two beds, but it is also the largest "studio" of the villas. We really enjoy OKW. It is a large resort with outdoor access to your rooms. Only some buildings have elevators so keep that in mind if you need one. You will have boat access to DTD which is nice. OKW is also the lowest point DVC resort and because of this can be difficult to get what you want at certain times of the year.

I too loved the OKW since it felt cozy and I would get the 2BR Villa which were almost as big as my house in sq ft! Another plus is if you are driving or renting a car, you can practically park in front of your room (depending on traffic) and it has it's own bus line (or at least it DID). Not to mention the fuIl size washer and dryer and the fold out bed in the living room, people rally had a chance to spread out after a long day. The canals behind some of the rooms was really great to sit out on the patio and watch the ducks go by. It is a spacious place so you might have to hoof it a bit to get the the main checkin (or just the a bus) but it is quiet and feels like a home to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter