Stupid question about Goofy's Kitchen..

Mom2micayla

DIS Veteran
I'm almost embarassed to even ask this. :lmao:

Anyway, been to DLR a few dozen times and have never once eaten at Goofy's. We always do Ariel's. Anyway, my daughter informed me yesterday that she wanted to do Goofy's this time around. So I booked PS for Tues. 5/2 at 7pm. Now comes the stupid question.. How do I get there? :blush: We'll likely be at DCA up until close to that time (want do the BPB and it's only offered that day of our stay). I'm assuming that we take the monorail? I've never been on it or been inside DLH so I'm clueless. Where does it pick up?

Oh and how far in advance do you suggest we get to GK if our reservations are at 7pm on a Tues?

No, you wont take the monorail. You will walk through downtown disney to the DLH. Just keep going straight- you'll pass under the large Mickey hat, then past the end of the pool area- dont turn, just keep going straight. You'll come to the enterance to Goofy's.

What's BPB?
Goofy's Kitchen is fun. They have a professional photographer available to take your picture with Goofy. I usually take my own photo while they are taking theirs in case I like mine better!

We have always had a great time at GK, plenty of characters and lots of food at the buffet....we always go early to avoid the food depletion and the character changes that go on later.

Jack pirate:

We did take the monorail there but we were in DL not DCA. If you take the monorail it lets you out right at the entrance to DLH so there is no walk. If you are in DCA you will need to walk to the end of DD to get there. We went around 15 minutes before our reservation which was lots of time. There is a screening room for the kids in the waiting area so my kids watched cartoons while we waited which was great. We found that later was actually better as there were not as many people there and that was during spring break. The food is replenished all the time so that is not an issue at all (and it was really good food!!!!). We went to both Ariel's and Goofy's and had a much better time at Goofy's!!!!!

Have fun,

K in SA

Block Party Bash, of course! It's a fun parade, my kids really enjoyed it. Definitely not to be missed.

Glad I asked! Thanks for the directions. :)

I'm actually a little bummed about not doing Ariel's this time. I just like the fact that it's table service. Plus Goofy's is more expensive. But the dinner menu looks nice so I'm hoping for the best.

There's actually 2 check-in points (same desk, though - it's a terribly inefficient way of doing things, IMO). First, you check in, get a slip of paper. Then, you get into another line to give them the slip of paper and pay. Don't forget to do both, and not just stand around with the slip of paper; otherwise you'll be waiting a LONG time. : :teeth:

We love Goofy's Kitchen, and do it every time we go. Different from Ariel's - which we also used to do every time till they scared the boys away with princesses :rotfl2: - but also nice and fun. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the tip, Cindy! I'd probably be one of the ones standing around not having any clue what to do with the slip of paper I was just given. :lmao:

We will be there the night before you!!!! This will be our first dinner there but have LOVED breakfast there twice. This year we will have a breakfast at Lilo and Stich before we go to the airport Friday!

Mom2micayla said:
I'm almost embarassed to even ask this. :lmao:

Anyway, been to DLR a few dozen times and have never once eaten at Goofy's. We always do Ariel's. Anyway, my daughter informed me yesterday that she wanted to do Goofy's this time around. So I booked PS for Tues. 5/2 at 7pm. Now comes the stupid question.. How do I get there? :blush: We'll likely be at DCA up until close to that time (want do the BPB and it's only offered that day of our stay). I'm assuming that we take the monorail? I've never been on it or been inside DLH so I'm clueless. Where does it pick up?

Oh and how far in advance do you suggest we get to GK if our reservations are at 7pm on a Tues?

Goofy's Kitchen is a GREAT time!!! If you are celebrating a special occasion make sure you let them know in advance and they will make it extra special (they also doa great job with last minute notice too - just let them know).

Goofy's Kitchen is behind the Disneyland Hotel if you are at DL take the monorail, if you are in DCA I think you will have to walk thru DTD. If you have any questions as to the location once you get to the hotel, just ask and they will point you in the right direction.

Enjoy!!!

I think I've had some of my best character interactions at Goofy's! It was always adults in my group and we'd make it a point to think of fun things to ask the characters that would allow them to improvise. Alladin gave a wonderful explanation of how 'carpet' knew where to go (or how to get where they needed it to go). Once when Rafiki was 'talking' to the table next to us, I said to my friend "I think we've just been mooned by Rafiki!". We'll Refiki went in to a wonderful pantomine explanation that he is a serious, spiritual being and NOT a party animal. It was hysterical. And once when we told Cinderella we had just driven straight from Phoenix to Goofy's, she offered to send the carriage for us next time! Goofy's and Storeytellers Cafe and 'musts' for me every trip ::yes::

I'm so glad to hear that!

I hope that we get to see at least one princess (are they usually there?). My girls are big into the princesses.

Has anyone seen Donald Duck there? In all the times we've been to DLR we've never been able to get a photo with Donald. We saw him in Feb. but by the time we got out of Main Street Bank (upgrading to APs), they had closed the line. :(

Mom2micayla said:
I hope that we get to see at least one princess (are they usually there?).

Has anyone seen Donald Duck there?

When we were there earlier this month, Belle came by (not in her princess gear) as well as Princess Jasmine. We've also seen Mulan there.

Have not seen Donald Duck there. The only time we've seen Donald (and that's the pic under my login name) is at Ariel's Grotto, before it went princess. princess:

Last time we were there the "princess" was Alice in Wonderland...the time before that Jasmine.

The princess in Goofy's Kitchen when we went was Sleeping Beauty.

And, there is no such thing as a stupid question! You want to hear what not asking questions gets you?

When my family went to Disneyland last year, it was our first time. We stayed at the Tropicana, and we arrived on a Saturday afternoon. Well, we thought we'd walk over to Downtown Disney, since it was supposed to have lots of fun shops, etc. But, we didn't know how to get there, as the last time dh or I had been to Disneyland, we were kids, and there was no California Adventure.

So, Mommy in her brilliance (that would be me), said, "Oh, I know how to get there! You just go down this street. See? there was a street sign that points Downtown Disney as this way." A street sign. You know, to direct traffic? We wound up walking around the entire outside of California Adventure. We had no idea where we were going. That's what happens when we don't ask questions and listen to this clueless Mommy.

Now, don't worry. You have been given wonderful directions. And for what it's worth, we did manage to find Goofy's Kitchen with no detours :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter