Suggestions for 3rd party wheelchair/scooter rentals

Lsrollins24

Earning My Ears
Heading to WDW late Feb and looking for suggestions on where to rent a motorized wheel chair or scooter from for my 18 year daughter. We've just come to the realization that with her health issues and arthritis she will not have the stamina to do the parks on foot. I'd like to rent from a third party rather than Disney so we can keep it all week and not have the hassle of stopping each morning to pick one up at the parks.

This is our first experience needing any type of wheel chair or scooter so any other advice is welcome. Thanks!

Some can drop off and leave at bell service ( I hear they pay to do this) other you have to meet them. there are + and -too each

One good thing about meeting the vendor is you can have a chance to ask them question about your ECV and how it works and things like this ( they are very easy to use) but there are there if you do have question. Most of the time you set up a time to meet nd they are good at being there ,

on the other hand if you have it droped off you are not have to be there to pick it up.

I rented from Apple Scooters. They dropped it off at the resort. I don't recall that they offered to meet in person. I had never used one before either. The person at the Polynesian bell services who brought it out to me showed me the controls, but I didn't know how to break it down. I had a car and was moving off site, so I needed to break it down. YouTube to the rescue! Seriously, I searched the model and there was a tutorial for it. It became easier over time, but really not hard from the get go.

I'm renting from Scootaround. Leaving for Disney World next Wednesday, and they want to meet with me the next day. They want a face-to-face meeting on the day of pickup. It seems like they're now better than they used to be because when I rented from them back in 2011. They gave me two bad Jazzy power chairs. The first one had the seat torn up, and bad batteries. The second one had a short footrest to where I had to bend my legs cross-legged.

With Scootaround. They'll go over the use of the power chair/scooter with you in the lobby of the place where you are staying, and they will answer any questions you have. They'll pick it up on the day you leave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter