Suggestions needed: I am looking for a book on the history of Disney World

Dizzy over Disney

Mouseketeer
I am so hooked on Disney World, it is crazy. I want to research the making, designing, plus the ins and outs of the park. Can anyone recommend a good book?

There are a couple that I enjoy:

Walt Disney World: The First Decade (1982)
Since The World Began: WDW The First 25 Years (1996)

Both were produced by Disney and are available used on Amazon for less than $10 (more if you want a pristine copy).

There are several other books that also cover the history of WDW. Just do a search in Amazon's book section with the keywords "Walt Disney World History" and many will pop up.

Maybe you'd be interested in the Imagineering Guides to the parks. They have one for each park individually, although I'm not sure they have released all 4 yet.

I like Since the World Began, too but it's quite old and doesn't include Animal Kingdom at all.

I really like "Since the World Began" it's a little older and not as updated but, hey history is history.

"The Walt Disney World Trivia Book: Vol. 1" (& now a Vol. 2 has come out I believe) has some great history in it but is in more of a quiz fashion and also includes secrets to the parks and just random fun facts.

This thread isn't really about theme park planning, so I've moved it to the Theme Parks Community board. :)

Another thumbs up for "Since The World Began." I got mine usd on eBay for under $10 including S&H.

Thanks.... I will look into some of these books... They would make a great christmas gift for my uncle.... :santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter