Suite for family of 7

MommyHolly

Earning My Ears
Hi, We are planning our first trip to DisneyLand in April of 2007. There will be 7 of us: Myself, my mom, and my 5 kids ages 3-11. We are looking for a suite that will hold all of us. I would like one with a fridge and microwave, and more than one television if possible. I have found a few online that seem to have suites large enough, but they have mixed reviews. I do not need to stay at the Ritz, but I will say that really cheep motels make me miserable. I cannot do dirty or smelly. I am hoping to find one for $150ish a night or less. Any recomendations????

Thanks !!

Holly

Homewood Suites by Hilton or Embassy Suites both in Garden Grove on Harbor might fit your needs, dependsing on if kids are sharing beds.

There's a Residence Inn a few blocks from the park entrances; they might have a big enough suite, plus you'd get a kitchen.

Also, check into the Desert Inn and Suites (www.anaheimdesertinn.com). It's right across the street from the park entrances, and it's inexpensive and clean. They have several different suite options.

There's also a Residence Inn in Garden Grove. Last Feb we had a 2 bedroom suite. 2Q in one bedroom, 1K in the other, and a sofa bed (double?) in the living area. :thumbsup2 Too far to walk, though, if that's a consideration.

We are a family of 8 and wanted a suite also. There were several suites I was looking at GetAwayToday.com. At that web site you can compare suites their prices and what they include. Then I went to tripadvisor.com and read reviews on the suites that I had narrowed down. We decided on Residence Inn Garden Grove even though it is not in walking distance, it had what we wanted in a Suite. It also had great reviews on TripAdvisor. They have two two-bedroom suite options, one with bunk beds and one with two queens. They also have a full kitchen and breakfast each morning.

One thing to remember on GetAwayToday you can take off the ticket option and the price also includes all taxes and hotel fees. With the fourth night free promotion they are running right now we got a great price on the Residence Inn although I don't think it is running for April 07. My sister used GetAWay today last April and they had a special on tickets something like buy a adult ticket get a kids ticket free. So even if you get your hotel now I might hold off on your tickets for upcoming specials.

We stayed at the Ri in Garden Grove once and loved it! We were only 6 people, but it could have slept 8. We had a 2 bedroom / 2 bath suite. One room had two queens (they might have been doubles, but they seemed really big) and a bath. The living room had a pull out sofa. The third room had two bunk beds and a bath. We had 3 TV's total! It was so nice having so much space. It was great having a kitchen as well! We went to Target across the street and stocked up on snacks and drinks. The breakfast they provide is great also! At the time we stayed they had a shuttle, but I think now you have to take ART. There are many great places to eat nearby as well!

I would highly recommend it for large parties!

Residence Inn! Residence Inn! Residence Inn!

I got a great rate on a kids' suite through www.getawaytoday.com for November. It's at the Garden Grove RI; 4 nights for $584, taxes included. The Residence Inn Maingate (on Clementine) has their more traditional room configurations, and is closer to DLR, but the rates were not as good.

The best thing about any Residence Inn is that their 2 BR suites, kids' suites, and penthouses all have two full bathrooms. Soooooo handy when everyone's rushing around in the morning.

Also, the daily breakfast buffet is more than danishes and coffee. It's a big, hot, full-of-variety spread. Don't forget to factor that into your budget!

We also booked through getawaytoday and we are staying at the Hilton Inn and Suites. I will be 30 weeks pregnant and we figured if we weren't staying right across the street we would be taking the shuttle anyway, so the 2 miles away thing is no big deal to us. Got pretty good reviews on tripadvisor, we really like that there are 2 rooms and you get a cooked to order breakfast every morning. That is so awesome because for 7 people breakfast is going to run you at least $40 each day.

i 2 vote for residence inn!!!!!!!!!!!! Great breakfast friendly staff and lots of room, we stayed at the one listed as resort about 2 miles from DL with an ART stop right out front. the kids suite had a full kitchen , 2 bathrooms! and a sofa bed too , it is one of my favorite palces to stay.

You might try the Camelot Inn also. W stayed there last year,2 room suite. 2 queen beds in one room w/tv,1 qn bed w/ sofa sleeper in main room. TV there also.The only draw back is one bathroom,and a duddy breakfast.But,'hey' Mickey Ds right next door. The pool area is a great place to watch the fire works,and it's "right" across the street. Just my $.02.

We were a group of 6 this past June and stayed at the Desert Inn and Suites. It's right across the street from DLR. It was clean and affordable. We'd stay there again.

Last year we stayed at the Park Inn (now Camelot). It was also clean and affordable.

Tricia

I'd pick Residence Inn. We've loved every Residence Inn that we've stayed at.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter