"suite life" questions...

gopherit

I'm not in the book, you know.
We have stayed in all 3 onsite resorts and find we like the location and theming of RPH best. OUr party islarge (famof 6) so we got 2 adjoining rooms (king + a 2Q). This was nice since we had 2 bathrooms aswell. About the only thing that would have made it better would have been a small kitchenette of some sort. (We are DVC - so we are spoiled in that regard at Disney). So I have been pricing the options for one of the suites at RPH versus doing the 2 rooms thing. I see that I can get exactly what I am looking for @ HRH and PBH (a K master and a 2Q br, with a fridge and table in common area) for roughly around $500-550 if I can get it at an APH rate (more like $750 at general SMSM rate). At RPH however - it looks like closet comparison to that is a room with 2Q and a sleeper sofa. Anyone ever stayed in one of these? Is it a full or queen sleeper? What is general sq ft of room? WHich of the 3 resorts has the nicest suite in this type size category? They all seem to be roughly same price for SMSM rate and APH.

Anyone with suite experience versus the 2 adjoining rooms - please chime in!
THinking I might want to shift my ressie for 2 rooms over to a single suite. But do suites necessarily get hte APH rate? Seems like I recall calling one year and only suite like this available was at PBH... it's nice but we juts want to be a tad closer to the action and attractions.

THANKS!

I stayed at a Villa suite at PBH. (it was an upgrade).

It had one normal room that had two queen beds, an adjoining full dining and living room with an attached full kitchen, and then an attached king bed room.

It had 3 bathrooms.

It was devine.

That room runs for about $1400/night ( $947 APH rate) with both bedrooms attached. Make sure when you are pricing, it says king and queen bedroom attached in the room title. The villa suite with a 2 queen attached is $668/night APH rate.

I've never stayed at a hospitality suite at RPH, which I presume you are talking about. Search this forum because I recall reading about someone staying in one.

Suites come up on the website now, so if there is an APH rate for it, it will show. Here's an example... https://www.loewshotels.com/en/book...08/2013&rooms=1&sr=p&code=aph&iata=&na=1&nk=0

If you want 2 people to sleep on the pullout, I would reconsider, unless those two people are little kids.

Here is a link with photos: http://www.oyster.com/orlando/hotel...sort-a-loews-hotel/photos/hospitality-suite/#

I see a room @ HRH for (currently - not yet APH, likely just SMSM) $790.20 per nt that is a king attached to a 2Q room. It has a table that seats 6 but no mention as to whether it includes a kitchenette of any sort? From what I can tell - the APH rate for that room, if ever offered during our time - would be about $531 - not too shabby. THis same type room description (Parlor suite with King BR attached to a 2Q br) runs for $581/nt at PBH.

I don't see this option at RPH, however - closest comparison is the hospitality suite with a king and 2 Q room attached. THis (at an APH rate) runs about $716 per nt, but definitely states presence of a fridge and microwave. Guess I will need to either call resort or do some hunting through forums to discern further details.

Hospitality Parlor Suite with connecting Standard King and 2 Queen Room
This oversized 1,340 sq. ft. 2-bedroom suite includes a living room area with a large pull-out sofa that can accommodate two guests, plush chairs, a flat screen TV and a work desk. In the common area there is a bathroom that features a stand up shower, a dining area with a conference table that can seat up to eight guests, and a service pantry with refrigerator, microwave and sink. The suite includes two separate bedrooms, one bedroom has a comfortable king bed, that can accommodate up to three guests, while the other bedroom has two queen beds that can accommodate up to five guests. Both sleeping rooms include a full-size bathroom with a tub and shower. This suite provides a view of either the tropical garden areas or a city view. Maximum occupancy of 10 guests with a rollaway in the bedrooms ($25 nightly fee)

I see a room @ HRH for (currently - not yet APH, likely just SMSM) $790.20 per nt that is a king attached to a 2Q room. It has a table that seats 6 but no mention as to whether it includes a kitchenette of any sort? From what I can tell - the APH rate for that room, if ever offered during our time - would be about $531 - not too shabby. THis same type room description (Parlor suite with King BR attached to a 2Q br) runs for $581/nt at PBH.

I don't see this option at RPH, however - closest comparison is the hospitality suite with a king and 2 Q room attached. THis (at an APH rate) runs about $716 per nt, but definitely states presence of a fridge and microwave. Guess I will need to either call resort or do some hunting through forums to discern further details.

Hospitality Parlor Suite with connecting Standard King and 2 Queen Room
This oversized 1,340 sq. ft. 2-bedroom suite includes a living room area with a large pull-out sofa that can accommodate two guests, plush chairs, a flat screen TV and a work desk. In the common area there is a bathroom that features a stand up shower, a dining area with a conference table that can seat up to eight guests, and a service pantry with refrigerator, microwave and sink. The suite includes two separate bedrooms, one bedroom has a comfortable king bed, that can accommodate up to three guests, while the other bedroom has two queen beds that can accommodate up to five guests. Both sleeping rooms include a full-size bathroom with a tub and shower. This suite provides a view of either the tropical garden areas or a city view. Maximum occupancy of 10 guests with a rollaway in the bedrooms ($25 nightly fee)

Yes, you are wanting the hospitality suite with two connecting bedrooms at the RPH. http://www.oyster.com/orlando/hotel...sort-a-loews-hotel/photos/hospitality-suite/#

At PBH the Portofino suites don't have the kitchen attached but the Villa suites do. Make sure you pay attention to the title. There is a very big price difference. The Portofino suites just have a room with a couch and small table attached and an extra washroom. The Villa suites have a huge dining room/living room and kitchen attached.

We are also a large family combining Disney and Universal in June. We will start our vacation at our home resort (BCV) in a two-bedroom villa--yay for DVC! Our plan is for only one night at Lowes resort to take advantage of the express pass and spend one day each at IOA and US. I had planned on booking two rooms(connecting--we have 4 teens and 1 tween) but looking at Gopherit's info on suites has the wheels turning. Our date is Friday, June 28th. No APH rate yet for that time period but we do have AAA. Are there additional fees (such as resort) and what is the room tax? Wondering if price would be comparable to book suite instead of two rooms when that is factored in the equation. Sorry to hijack thread with questions, looks like we are in similar situation except for the short duration of our stay at on-site resort.

We are also a large family combining Disney and Universal in June. We will start our vacation at our home resort (BCV) in a two-bedroom villa--yay for DVC! Our plan is for only one night at Lowes resort to take advantage of the express pass and spend one day each at IOA and US. I had planned on booking two rooms(connecting--we have 4 teens and 1 tween) but looking at Gopherit's info on suites has the wheels turning. Our date is Friday, June 28th. No APH rate yet for that time period but we do have AAA. Are there additional fees (such as resort) and what is the room tax? Wondering if price would be comparable to book suite instead of two rooms when that is factored in the equation. Sorry to hijack thread with questions, looks like we are in similar situation except for the short duration of our stay at on-site resort.

You can use the website... http://www.loewshotels.com/en/booking/uo?hotel=UEPBH,UEHRH,UERPR .... to check prices. Just take an extra 10% off for AAA. The prices fluctuate. The only fees are for parking ($18/night) and internet if you want it.

Put June 28th into the website. If there are suites available, they'll come up.

I don't know if these will be helpful or not, but here are some pics of our hospitality suite at the Royal Pacific from January 2012:

Kitchen:

2012_0103UniversalStudios0106.jpg

Dining area:

2012_0103UniversalStudios0107.jpg

Desk/office area:

2012_0103UniversalStudios0112.jpg

Living room:

2012_0103UniversalStudios0117.jpg

Bathroom:

2012_0103UniversalStudios0114.jpg

2012_0103UniversalStudios0113.jpg

I had planned on booking two rooms(connecting--we have 4 teens and 1 tween) but looking at Gopherit's info on suites has the wheels turning. Our date is Friday, June 28th. No APH rate yet for that time period but we do have AAA. Are there additional fees (such as resort) and what is the room tax? Wondering if price would be comparable to book suite instead of two rooms when that is factored in the equation. Sorry to hijack thread with questions, looks like we are in similar situation except for the short duration of our stay at on-site resort.

Yes there are those nasty FL hotel taxes - which you double of course with the "connecting 2 rooms" plan... but you pay the % against a higher price on the suite... so if suite is more, taxes are more too.

Hotel Taxes Universal Orlando® on-site hotels will include applicable taxes to be collected each night of a guest’s stay. These taxes are included as a percentage of the room charge.Florida State Sales Tax 6.5%
Orange County Occupancy Tax 6%
12.5% Total Tax

The parking can be applied to just one room - so you should not need to pay parking for both rooms (provided it's one car, of course!)

The main benefit I am exploring is the ability to have a kitchen. That silly minifridge in the rooms is (a) chock full of crap and (b) not cold enough anyway to be of much use and (c) only earns you nastigrams from the hotel staff anyway if you do try to use it for something other than outrageously priced peanuts. The ability to freeze our own water bottles, have some cereal and milk in the a.m. or a bag of popcorn at night, and also NOT all be right on top of each other in the process like "Gophers In A Can" :crowded: are the main perks, in my mind, potentially worth the extra buxckage IF we can get a good rate. (A key reason we bought into DVC - for the elbow room!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter