Summer 2020 Trips - If WDW Is Open, We're Going! *Update: WDW Open July 11*

So I’ve been browsing the boards and i see people talking about the pools being closed when resorts open? I’m sorry but this makes no sense to me. The same way they would practice social distancing in all other places in WDW, can’t they practice the same social distancing at the pool? If we are limited to experiences this summer I’m banking on these pools at least being open!

We are booked June 7-14. Eeek. We were booked in March for Spring Break, then moved to June before it got too hot. When we moved it, we had no idea of the magnitude of it all.
It will be DS7 and DD5’s first trip, so fingers crossed it will happen and be as magical as possible. We have FP+ and ADRs booked with several character interactions thrown in.

We are booked June 7-14. Eeek. We were booked in March for Spring Break, then moved to June before it got too hot. When we moved it, we had no idea of the magnitude of it all.
It will be DS7 and DD5’s first trip, so fingers crossed it will happen and be as magical as possible. We have FP+ and ADRs booked with several character interactions thrown in.
Fingers crossed your family gets to go!!

We arrive the day before you, I love "first trips" so here's to all of us going in June!!

We rescheduled our May trip to June 27-July 5th. We've been in the summer before.. If the parks are open and they required a mask, I doubt I would go. Honestly if the parks aren't opened I could just hang out at the pool at POR and be very happy. It would make no sense if the pools were closed since I'm sure the chlorine would kill anything.

We rescheduled our May trip to June 27-July 5th. We've been in the summer before.. If the parks are open and they required a mask, I doubt I would go. Honestly if the parks aren't opened I could just hang out at the pool at POR and be very happy. It would make no sense if the pools were closed since I'm sure the chlorine would kill anything.
This^.
It's literally even been PROVEN that the standard pool chemicals kills the virus almost instantaneously.
I'm not trying to get this thread off topic or anything!! I just wanted to point it out since we've had a few "why would the pool be closed" comments.

We've been booked for June 13-30 for almost a year to celebrate my daughter's 5th bday (we go big for 5th birthdays!). A few weeks ago we booked a backup for July 3-20. We are feeling hopeful that at least one of those trips will happen!

We've been booked for June 13-30 for almost a year to celebrate my daughter's 5th bday (we go big for 5th birthdays!). A few weeks ago we booked a backup for July 3-20. We are feeling hopeful that at least one of those trips will happen!
In my book, the 5th birthday is the change from a little kid, to a big kid. So that’s a BIG deal!! Fingers crossed you get the celebrate with your daughter!

So I’ve been browsing the boards and i see people talking about the pools being closed when resorts open? I’m sorry but this makes no sense to me. The same way they would practice social distancing in all other places in WDW, can’t they practice the same social distancing at the pool? If we are limited to experiences this summer I’m banking on these pools at least being open!

I would think pools would be one of the safest places to be. It's a pond full of bleach.

Thanks for this thread! I’ll join!

We are scheduled for July 6-15 with a backup for August!

We should be on our 20th anniversary trip right now but having a summer family trip planned makes me happy!

As long as they are open, we are going unless they don’t open most of the parks. I’ve got most of our favorite ADRs and we can live without the buffets it they are closed.

I’m really hopeful for this trip and I wish everyone a wonderful trip!

We cancelled May and then opted to also cancel our Thanksgiving and December/January trips. But we rescheduled for mid-August and that trip happens to include my 40th birthday. We are booked in a two bedroom at CCV right now but I may switch to a 1 bedroom somewhere if my FIL’s doctor decides that he shouldn’t travel.

We are planning on going still July 10th to the 18th. We have a split stay at Poly & YC. After our three kids having their "life cancelled" and their grandma passed away from complications from the virus & their other grandmother passed away just 6 months prior, my husband & I are trying to be optimistic and have something positive for our family to look forward to. Even though we're biting our fingernails worrying this will have be postponed too.

We are planning on going still July 10th to the 18th. We have a split stay at Poly & YC. After our three kids having their "life cancelled" and their grandma passed away from complications from the virus & their other grandmother passed away just 6 months prior, my husband & I are trying to be optimistic and have something positive for our family to look forward to. Even though we're biting our fingernails worrying this will have be postponed too.

I share your pain. My 3 kids lost both of their grandmothers on the same day in Feb. We need a vacation.

We have a trip to WDW mid June. We’ll still go even if it’s limited or modified experiences. If things aren’t open we’ll just push it back a little more but it’s booked on expiring points so hopefully it would eventually happen by end of summer.

We have Aulani booked mid July and we really, really hope that one happens. Hawaii is such a wild card in what rules they’ll keep in place for visitors.

I'll join... I have a trip planned for June 7th to 19th. It was booked before all this craziness started.
If Disney is opened with "relatively" normal operations I'll try to make it.

I say try because I'm in Montreal, Canada and if the borders are still closed it will be an issue.
But I want my happy place and I'll be back as soon as I can.

Rescheduled our spring break trip to June and then moved it to July 15th. I also booked a backup end of August trip but hoping to go in July. Last year, our end of August trip, got cut down short because we flew home before Dorian. Wish we hadn't, as Dorian changed course and parks were empty for a couple of days, sigh...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter