Summer 2022 Dates are out on the ABD website

sayhello

Have Camera, Will Travel
So there are dates for Summer 2022 out on the ABD website. And prices. I don't see anything about an "early booking frenzy" starting on X date. They're just listed like all the old 2021 dates. I don't know if we can just call and book them, or if they'll give more details about when booking starts tomorrow. It's very odd, but I guess a pandemic and 14 months of virtually no trips will do that to you.

There are Early Booking discounts available.

Sayhello

So there are dates for Summer 2022 out on the ABD website. And prices. I don't see anything about an "early booking frenzy" starting on X date. They're just listed like all the old 2021 dates. I don't know if we can just call and book them, or if they'll give more details about when booking starts tomorrow. It's very odd, but I guess a pandemic and 14 months of virtually no trips will do that to you.

There are Early Booking discounts available.

Sayhello
Thanks! - I’ve been waiting for these but did not expect to see them until early May.

Just saw this on fb:

Advance Booking for Select Disney Guests Begins:
4/12: Adventures by Disney Past Guests and Guests whose Departures were Cancelled by Adventures by Disney due to COVID-19
4/13: Open for Booking – Disney Vacation Club Members, Disney Cruise Line Platinum & Gold Castaway Club Members, Golden Oak Members and Club 33 Members
4/14: General Public

Sayhello

Same here. I find I'm not mentally prepared to commit just yet! I was thinking I'd have a bit more time to experiment with traveling again once my Vaccination is fully effective in 2 weeks...

Sayhello
I am ready to commit, just have a couple of floating TBD things from 2020 & another company that haven’t yet firmed up. I’ll channel my inner Miracle on 34th Street, that I’ve just got to keep believing international travel will return. Not sure if I’ll try to book on Monday though....

Just saw this on fb:

Advance Booking for Select Disney Guests Begins:
4/12: Adventures by Disney Past Guests and Guests whose Departures were Cancelled by Adventures by Disney due to COVID-19
4/13: Open for Booking – Disney Vacation Club Members, Disney Cruise Line Platinum & Gold Castaway Club Members, Golden Oak Members and Club 33 Members
4/14: General Public

Sayhello
I also just found this on the AbD site - each adventure page has it on the first main description page.

Looks like no new trips. Maybe they need to refill the existing ones before announcing anything new?
That’s what I am thinking - maybe things still too uncertain in some areas to firm up new destinations. The expedition cruises are still the only new destinations I see. I’m getting ready to check a couple of itineraries to see if those have changed.

It would have been impossible to do the legwork required to put together new trips I think. Even if you wanted to let locals do all the research, so many countries were restricting movement of even their own citizens.

Wasn't expecting this...I'm VERY tempted to book Japan. I wasn't sold on ABD for that destination, but I haven't found another company/itinerary that I like better. I'm also disappointed ABD doesn't off the Tokyo Disney add-on anymore. If they still had that, it would be a no-brainer to book with them.

Wasn't expecting this...I'm VERY tempted to book Japan. I wasn't sold on ABD for that destination, but I haven't found another company/itinerary that I like better. I'm also disappointed ABD doesn't off the Tokyo Disney add-on anymore. If they still had that, it would be a no-brainer to book with them.
We did ABD Japan in 2019 and booked the Tokyo Disney stay on our own-- easy, and cheaper. We loved the itinerary for the inaugural trip, but a few things have changed (for me, the only sad change was eliminating the outdoor art museum which we really enjoyed).

We did ABD Japan in 2019 and booked the Tokyo Disney stay on our own-- easy, and cheaper. We loved the itinerary for the inaugural trip, but a few things have changed (for me, the only sad change was eliminating the outdoor art museum which we really enjoyed).

I remember reading after the inaugural trips that a few things have changed. But, the dates ABD is offering and the order of the 10 day itinerary just works for us.

We are limited to traveling in June, and Nat Geo only has one trip offering...and it's a casual service trip. I'd certainly save a lot of money, but part of the fun for me is staying in the fancy hotels.

I suppose I could look around at other companies, but after all the issues people have had with getting refunds the last year, I'm hesitant to book with a company I haven't done business with before.

My son gets out of school next year before Memorial Day. Would there be any advantages to doing Tokyo Disney in late May/very early June (before the ABD starts) as opposed to later in June (after the ABD is over)? I like this arrangement because it would also allow me to book a round-trip flight to Tokyo, since the ABD ends there.

I've already messaged my son about this one, and he is super excited. The other places on our bucket list are New Zealand/Australia, but I think I'm best served waiting another year to try visiting those destinations.

If my agent can snag our preferred dates on Monday, I see a deposit in my near future.

I remember reading after the inaugural trips that a few things have changed. But, the dates ABD is offering and the order of the 10 day itinerary just works for us.

We are limited to traveling in June, and Nat Geo only has one trip offering...and it's a casual service trip. I'd certainly save a lot of money, but part of the fun for me is staying in the fancy hotels.

I suppose I could look around at other companies, but after all the issues people have had with getting refunds the last year, I'm hesitant to book with a company I haven't done business with before.

My son gets out of school next year before Memorial Day. Would there be any advantages to doing Tokyo Disney in late May/very early June (before the ABD starts) as opposed to later in June (after the ABD is over)? I like this arrangement because it would also allow me to book a round-trip flight to Tokyo, since the ABD ends there.

I've already messaged my son about this one, and he is super excited. The other places on our bucket list are New Zealand/Australia, but I think I'm best served waiting another year to try visiting those destinations.

If my agent can snag our preferred dates on Monday, I see a deposit in my near future.
I would say since the TDR add-on is no longer offered, the advantage to doing it first is just what you said: flying round-trip to/from Tokyo. Honestly, I ended up flying round-trip through Tokyo anyways, only I had an extra leg from Tokyo to Kyoto at the start of the trip.

Sayhello

So, if I'm correct, the 2022 dates don't have any sort of special cancellation policy, right? It's just the standard "14 days to refund the deposit and then it's nonrefundable," right? I'd really like to book, and I'm SURE things will be better in 2022 now with vaccinations, but... I want to see it for myself before I actually book something. This time last year I thought my October 2021 trip would be set, also. And then there's the fact that there's price increases...

I am not booking another trip with ABD for 2022. I have a March, 2022 NZ trip already booked and I am hoping that it goes. If it doesn't, then ds and I will just spend a week in London and come back home (I booked our flights Toronto --> London (3 nights) --> Melbourne (3 nights), --> Auckland (2 nights pre-ABD). I will book a flight from London --> Toronto, just in case (I can cancel it if the ABD goes).

So I put in my “order” for Japan 2022 with my TA. Hopefully, she can get the EBD on Monday.

What cinched it for me was the price. I have not seen an ABD Japan trip under $10k/pp since they very first released the itinerary. I was disappointed to see the prices jump up to $11-$13k so fast, but I guess that’s what happens with a trip that popular.

It’s hard to turn down $9500 pp (assuming we get the EBD) when we know this is a trip we want to take. I will also get another $900 rebate from my TA when the trip is over.

I did choke a little on the 10% deposit. I did not know that had increased.

So, if I'm correct, the 2022 dates don't have any sort of special cancellation policy, right? It's just the standard "14 days to refund the deposit and then it's nonrefundable," right? I'd really like to book, and I'm SURE things will be better in 2022 now with vaccinations, but... I want to see it for myself before I actually book something. This time last year I thought my October 2021 trip would be set, also. And then there's the fact that there's price increases...
Yes, I'm kind of feeling this way right now, too.

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter