Summer House Cookies

LeeAnn

DIS Veteran
Do you need to have a reservations if you just want the Cookies? Is a dining experience or can I get the cookies to go?

Do you need to have a reservations if you just want the Cookies? Is a dining experience or can I get the cookies to go?
It is a separate walk-up counter. You don't need reservations to get the cookies.

We walked in, then walked in again and then walked in again! We had our cookies and a nice chocolate martini type drink while sitting on the patio couches on the porch. It was mid afternoon when we were there so DS wasn’t crowded…. SH cookies are every bit as good as Gideons perhaps even better

We walked in, then walked in again and then walked in again! We had our cookies and a nice chocolate martini type drink while sitting on the patio couches on the porch. It was mid afternoon when we were there so DS wasn’t crowded…. SH cookies are every bit as good as Gideons perhaps even better
We are planning to get some cookies there on our upcoming April trip. I agree on what I've heard on the comparison to Gideon's. I'm sure Gideon's cookies are great, but we feel the offerings at Summer House more closely fit what we like in cookies.

Now I am deeply regretting not getting some when we were there for brunch (we were just so full :tilt:).
You can order them to take away while eating there. If you have an AP or DVC discount, it applies also to the cookies. Not sure if the cookie counter gives a discount, too.

I just ate at SH tonight - I will post about it shortly. Here are a few photos I took - my waitress recommended the chocolate chip and the apple oatmeal (chewy, with those dried apple slices inside), so that’s what I got. I’ll take photos of those two when I get back to YC

Attachments

• IMG_3424.jpeg
    IMG_3424.jpeg
    70.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3428.jpeg
    IMG_3428.jpeg
    69.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_3425.jpeg
    IMG_3425.jpeg
    76.4 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_3427.jpeg
    IMG_3427.jpeg
    76.5 KB · Views: 42
Had no plans to visit the overpriced WDW anytime soon but maybe its worth it for cookies. :)

Maybe it will take some heat off the line at Gideon’s. Plus, the more people in line at these places, the less in line at the parks.
We were close to Summer House a few times and the longest line I ever saw was 10 people. The cookies are also much simpler than the one from Gideon’s. So I don’t see this taking away from Gideon’s. It’s more a fun treat like Sprinkles or Everglaze. None of these ever had the Gideon madnes happening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter