Summer House restaurant in Disney Springs - anyone tried it yet?

zackiedawg

WEDway Peoplemover Rider
I try to mix in a few new restaurants each trip when I can - I'll be up there Feb 2-6 and have squeezed in two new restaurants I haven't yet tried - Woody's BBQ, and Summer House. Woody's Roundup I know well enough from various reviews - but haven't seen much about Summer House yet...so just curious if anyone's had the chance to try it out. I'll be hititng it on Feb 4 Sunday on my AK day - staying at Saratoga Springs, I figured after the park I could head to Springs, eat there, and walk back to my villa.

DW and I tried it a couple of weekends ago for brunch. We thought the atmosphere and service were great. We enjoyed our food. We are looking forward to trying the lunch/dinner menus.

Excellent - good to hear. I'm looking for it to be a lighter break plus cocktails...I always like to try any new restaurant (unless its dedicated seafood only, as I don't eat seafood). I am up at Disney 4-5 times a year for vacations, so it's nice to try the new spots and find out if they're once-only, occasional visits, or must-do spots for future trips.

We ate there last week. We ended up mostly splitting appetizers. Deviled eggs (tasted great, but expensive... we paid a little extra for a fourth so we wouldn't have to "Lady and the Tramp" the third one :rotfl2:), cheesy dream puffs (like Brazilian cheese bread at Fogo de Chao, etc.), and burrata (my wife got most of this because, although the flavor was good, I didn't enjoy the texture... and I'm not normally texture sensitive... this just didn't appeal to me much).

We also got fish tacos, which were pretty good, but nothing to write home about.

We split a Blondie for dessert which was heavenly!

We would definitely go back, but I'd likely try something different for an entree next time.

I try to mix in a few new restaurants each trip when I can - I'll be up there Feb 2-6 and have squeezed in two new restaurants I haven't yet tried - Woody's BBQ, and Summer House. Woody's Roundup I know well enough from various reviews - but haven't seen much about Summer House yet...so just curious if anyone's had the chance to try it out. I'll be hititng it on Feb 4 Sunday on my AK day - staying at Saratoga Springs, I figured after the park I could head to Springs, eat there, and walk back to my villa.
I have a reservation to try it but not until March so I will be interested in knowing what you think!

I'll try to remember to pop back in here with some reviews/comments once I go. This is going to be a laid-back trip with a good friend (college roommate), so I wasn't looking for any higher-end restaurants - we wanted to stay more casual and probably have a little more time visiting bars and late-night entertainment. Some trips I might hit Jiko, Topolino's, Tiffin's, Cali Grill, etc, and some solo trips I can go almost exclusively on quick serve or food kiosks/food trucks. This trip is somewhere in between - so I've got Woody's Roundup and Olivia's for American comfort foods, and Summer House and Hacienda de San Angel for food plus drinks/cocktails, followed by roaming around Epcot's kiosks and Disney Springs entertainment on those two nights.

We really enjoyed our meal there last week. The cheesy dream puffs are not to be missed IMHO. DD got the Cobb salad and I got the Costa Mesa salad, both fresh, delicious and very large. Didn't have room for dessert this time around. Was too chilly to sit out but the deck looks nice and the dining room is lovely.

My sister and I had dinner at Summer House this past Friday and thought it was great! We really liked the vibe and the patio looked nice for a warmer day. I had the frose and thought it was a great drink. We wanted to try a variety of food so we shared the cheesy dream puffs, truffle fries, shaved brussels sprouts salad, and a mushroom pizza. It was all delicious. We stopped at the cookie bar after and got the sea salt chocolate chip cookie and the brown butter rice crispy treat. The cookie was good but the rice crispy treat was amazing. We'll definitely be back.

Just wanted to pop back in and comment as promised on Summer House. It was pretty popular and crowded - but well spaced inside. Service was very good, and I enjoyed the food. We sat inside, but on the windows next to the patio - had the cheesy dream puffs which were very good - I got babyback ribs which were very tender and nicely flame grilled, and my friend got the chicken paillard which was very good as well. No desserts this time - for cocktails, had an Endless Summer Old Fashioned, and Two Tickets to Paradise - both very well made and tasty. Definitely will keep this place on the future list of places to go back - hopefully by then it will be in the regular Disney reservation system (had to use Open Table to get my res this trip).

We ate here last Monday night and really enjoyed the food, service, and atmosphere.

We split the shrimp cocktail appetizer (5 shrimp). I had the Orlando Spritz, and my husband ordered wine. For dinner I had the chicken tacos without guacamole, and he had spaghetti, to which he added meatballs.

For dessert we "shared" the chocolate cake, which was very rich. This is what was left when we were done and then shared it two more times during the week.
IMG_2179.jpeg
At the cookie bar we got one lemon cookie and one red velvet cookie (told this is a limited time cookie), which we refrigerated. We brought them home and still have some left. The lemon tastes better chilled.

So no reservations accepted?

I’m thinking of spending the Saturday I return from the cruise - and part of Sunday) at WDW, and I love the menu at SH.

Would I need to eat fairly early on Saturday (6:30?) in order to avoid a long line?

Thanks!

So no reservations accepted?

I’m thinking of spending the Saturday I return from the cruise - and part of Sunday) at WDW, and I love the menu at SH.

Would I need to eat fairly early on Saturday (6:30?) in order to avoid a long line?

Thanks!
We made ours through Open Table.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter