Sundown Mingle at AKV??

kristenrice

NOT just an ambulance driver
Anyone know if they still offer this? If so, what nights? Do you need to make a reservation? DH and I are coming down without the kids in two weeks and I was hoping we could attend.

I'm pretty sure they do offer it. One night, as I was walking thru the lobby last week, I think I saw them setting up for it. However, I did it last year, and had no desire to do it again.

I do not know if they still offer it, but we really enjoyed the Subdown Mingle. We got to meet some other members and enjoyed the complimentary food and beverages...all while overlooking the savannah. I would definitely do it again.

We went in August. At that time it was Monday and Wednesday nights from 5-6PM. You sign up at the DVC desk in the lobby that day. The mingle takes place in 2 outdoor rooms facing the savannah. Our room had about 25 people in it. The Sundown Mingle was listed in the Resort Activities sheet--so you can double check the dates when you get there!

We enjoyed it. Our 2 kids came with us. DD13 enjoyed it and the food, DD9 found it boring and the food was too flavorful for her. DH and I enjoyed both the food and the alcoholic punch! Definitely worth doing if you're staying at AKV, but I wouldn't have made a special trip to do it.

Don't want to hijack the thread...but is there similar events at other DVC resorts? Sorry, I'm completely new to this! Thanks!

Don't want to hijack the thread...but is there similar events at other DVC resorts? Sorry, I'm completely new to this! Thanks!

I was told by DVC management that the mingles are paid for with our dues, what's odd is that they are only held at resorts that are actively being sold by Disney. AKV is the only resort currently having them, my guess is that there will be a VGF mingle very soon.

:earsboy: Bill

We were there in the beg. of October and they were still having it. You have to sign up for it because it does get crowded. Just ask when you check in about sign up and you will be fine!

I was told by DVC management that the mingles are paid for with our dues, what's odd is that they are only held at resorts that are actively being sold by Disney. AKV is the only resort currently having them, my guess is that there will be a VGF mingle very soon.

:earsboy: Bill

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter