Sunshine Flyer Experiences

scrappinginontario

Today is the first day Sunshine Flyer (SF) begins operations so I thought it would be good for us to have one location (similar to the Mears thread) where we can share our SF experiences.

So far my only experience with them has been asking questions via email and that experience has been excellent with questions being responded to within minutes!

We’ll be travelling from Pop to MCO with them later this week and I will be sure to report back here after that.

All the best Sunshine Flyer on your first day of operations!!

(pics from our trip on Jan 5, 2022)

Last edited:
We will be traveling to Riviera and back with them one week from today.

So, looking forward to hearing how things are going for everyone.

Just a thought, but could this and the MEARS thread each be mad sticky?

I have reservations with Mears on Saturday, but I thought I'd check Sunshine Flyer and went to make a booking, but even though my flight arrives before 8:30 AM, the soonest availability for transfer to AofA was between 2-3 PM. So, it looks like they are booking up? At least in the mornings? After the 2PM time slot there was tons of availability, same with coming back in the afternoon.

UPDATE: thank goodness I am a workaholic and was up at 0430 this morning. Got everybody up and started walking down right at 0515 JUST IN CASE. Literally got off the elevator and Sunshine was pulling in. I woke up to the same email 3 separate times, the “wait on your text for arrival”. I told the driver about it. He kept apologizing. He took the times I talked to everybody, all the emails and said he will definitely let them know because a 8am flight shouldn’t have 6am pick up (of course… annnddddd if there was more stops). ****the driver though y’all, was so kind. It made up for the communication system aspect. I kept in mind it was only day 2. ***

Supposed to be picked up tomorrow for an 8am flight. We received our email with our boarding pass and was supposed to have a text following with our confirmed pick up time. It’s now 9:41pm and still no time. I have called twice and nobody has seemed to know exactly what time. We have been told 4am and we have been told 6am 🥴😑. Most recently 6am…. Crossing my fingers security isn’t insane and we make the flight and there aren’t a lot of stops from Bay Lake to the Airport. Plus checking our luggage.

Prior to this our experience had been fantastic. We had to change a few things and it was immediately responded too and updated. Now just a little stressed about the morning.

Last edited:
Supposed to be picked up tomorrow for an 8am flight. We received our email with our boarding pass and was supposed to have a text following with our confirmed pick up time. It’s now 9:41pm and still no time. I have called twice and nobody has seemed to know exactly what time. We have been told 4am and we have been told 6am 🥴😑. Most recently 6am…. Crossing my fingers security isn’t insane and we make the flight and there aren’t a lot of stops from Bay Lake to the Airport. Plus checking our luggage.

Prior to this our experience had been fantastic. We had to change a few things and it was immediately responded too and updated. Now just a little stressed about the morning.
Any updates?

When did they finally notify you of the pick up time?
They never did. I called at 8:05pm and again at 8:55pm to get a confirmed time. The last I got was 6am…. Never got a text, just the same email with our boarding pass that said “text to follow with confirmed time”.

Yikes!! How did you know to be outside at 5:15 if they said pickup was 6:00?

I’d be very nervous with a 6:00 pickup too!

Yikes!! How did you know to be outside at 5:15 if they said pickup was 6:00?

I’d be very nervous with a 6:00 pickup too!

I went by the email, I am trying to attach it. The email says that pickup would be 3-3.5 hours before flight departure. For some reason we just walked down to the lobby just in case since there was so much miscommunication and not a straight answer. I'm glad they didn't show any earlier or we really would've missed the Flyer. The driver said he wasn't aware of my pickup until last night after 10pm when they called to get one.... and I booked it Dec 29.

Hello Briana,

We hope you enjoyed your stay in Orlando! We’re looking forward to having you aboard the Sunshine Flyer. In anticipation of your return to the Orlando International Airport tomorrow, we are sharing a few details:

Please be prepared to board your motorcoach at Bay Lake Tower at Disneys Contemporary Resort 3 to 3.5 hours prior to domestic flights and 4 to 4.5 hours prior to international flights.

Please be on the lookout for a text from our team later today; it will share the specific motorcoach loading times.

For any questions, please call us at (866) 353-5937 or email us at reservations@sunshineflyer.com.

Your QR code motorcoach ticket is in the link below.

We cannot wait to have you on board!

The Sunshine Flyer team

Hello Briana,

We hope you enjoyed your stay in Orlando! We’re looking forward to having you aboard the Sunshine Flyer. In anticipation of your return to the Orlando International Airport tomorrow, we are sharing a few details:

Please be prepared to board your motorcoach at Bay Lake Tower at Disneys Contemporary Resort 3 to 3.5 hours prior to domestic flights and 4 to 4.5 hours prior to international flights.

Please be on the lookout for a text from our team later today; it will share the specific motorcoach loading times.

For any questions, please call us at (866) 353-5937 or email us at reservations@sunshineflyer.com.

Your QR code motorcoach ticket is in the link below.

We cannot wait to have you on board!

The Sunshine Flyer team
Thanks for taking time to respond. I'm glad you made it on time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter