Super Bowl - Chiefs or 49ers?

ITA - keep in mind, the speculation about whether or not she'll fly back from Toyko is all media-driven, not anything coming from Taylor's people.
Yup. The fun part is virtually NOTHING over this last 6 mos have come from either camps - totally all media driven (likely with help from NFL who are winning over this couple). There are good reasons for her to not be there, and to be there. Either way it doesn't impact the game so folks need to just chill. But it is entertaining.

Last edited:
To me, I thought what Saint's player wouldn't want to play for Dan Campbell? If given a choice between my coach being Dennis Allen or Dan Campbell, it would be the easiest professional decision ever.

The Lions also showed me it's a young man's game and that speed at your RB and wideout are paramount even without a mobile QB.

I really don't have any current beefs with either team, but I went through an anti-49ers phase of my life. So, I guess I'll go for the Chiefs. While my team didn't make the playoffs, our local team was taken out by the Ravens. So, it seems fitting to cheer on the team that took down Baltimore.

Although, it looks like we're going to be on the hook for a bunch of Super Bowl squares for DD15s travel team (we're awful at fundraising), so I'll probably be cheering on whichever team could help us win some of our money back!

Niners.

I cannot stand the Chiefs. And it seems like their people have to be all over - I think I counted 4 different companies that either Kelce or Mahomes was advertising for during the commercial breaks. Then constantly showing Taylor Swift almost every time they make a play instead of showing the fans getting excited. So ridiculous. Can you tell I was upset tonight for that game? lol And don't even get me started on how arrogant Kelce was and Ravens can get a taunting but ignore Kelce goading them and throwing a player's helmet and football during practice. I hope they lose hard.
Same here.

Since I wanted Ravens vs Lions, I have absolutely zero interest in watching the SB. Our besties have a SB party every year so we'll snack and drink and laugh at the commercials.

I will watch for the commercials and for the food lol.

Say what you will about Taylor, but she really has ignited quite an interest in football amongst younger fans. Yes it kind of overshadows the game because a lot of people are watching to catch a glimpse of Taylor. Honestly, I had never heard of Travis Kelce until they started dating.

I had to laugh at some of the Facebook comments saying Taylor should sing the national anthem. Um, Reba McEntire already has been given that honor.

Now all the speculation is everyone wondering, "Can she make it from Japan to Las Vegas????" Personally I just can't see her missing such a big moment in Travis's life. I guess it would be tight, but doable. Then she has a few days before her next concert.

Last week, I jokingly said to my family, “If the Chiefs win against Baltimore, let’s have a Taylor Swift themed Super Bowl Party!”

Then even stupidly texted a few friends w/ my brilliant idea.

And everyone was like, “Yay!”

But, then, a few days later, I was like, ,”Ugh… I don’t want to throw a party. What was I even thinking?”

Whilst consoling myself w/ - “I bet they lose anyway. I think the Ravens are picked to win.”

Welp. The Ravens did NOT win. Indeed, Travis Kelce had one of the best games of his life - so I’ve been told. (Confession: I didn’t even know who Travis Kelce was until this past September.)

And now we have to throw a Taylor Swift Super Bowl Party.

So, as soon as they won tonight, I ordered myself a “In My Football Era Chiefs 87” T-Shirt before they got sold out, so I’d have something to wear to my party.
I am currently in my "IF I NEVER HEAR ANOTHER THING ABOUT THE KELCES AND THE TAY IT WILL BE TOO SOON ERA". :)

Don't care. I usually spend the Super Bowl (or part of it) at the grocery store. I don't need beer or chips, and the store is empty. Great time to shop.

My daughters are thrilled that our home team is playing Taylor Swift's boyfriend's team. I can't imagine her not being there, even with her show in Japan the night before. My girls will probably even watch some of the game, for the rare (okay, not so rare) shots of her up in some suite.

Go 9ers!

You know, hearing all the cockamaimy conspiracy fantasies about Taylor Swift and the Chiefs makes me want to root for them. And naturally the usual suspects hate her. But people I wouldn't think would be jealous do too. Then again the same people are rooting against the Niners. So Go Niners. I guess it's a win win. The haters are going to hate the outcome no matter what.

Further proof that the NFL is fixed? ;)

On an air travel site I follow on FB, the author was discussing how Taylor Swift could perform her concert in Tokyo on Saturday and still make it to the Super Bowl on Sunday.

The thing is, this article was posted BEFORE the end of the Chiefs-Ravens game and before the 49ers-Lions game even started. The author stated as fact the SB would feature San Francisco and Kansas City.

Obviously he had a copy of the NFL’s script. ;)
Why do the Chiefs have to be in the superbowl for her to perform.!? lol

I really don’t care who wins, but if I HAVE to pick, I’ll go with San Francisco. The Chiefs won just last year and I don’t like repeats.

In reality, I’m in the “Can’t both teams lose” camp simply because I don’t like either teams’ colors and uniforms. Red and gold. :crazy2:

The rest of my family are Ravens fans. I was annoyed before the game started. Justin Tucker was stretching where Mahomes and Kelce were warming up and they tossed his things aside. Sure, he did not have to stretch there, and it looks like they asked him to move, but they were in the Ravens House. They are used to being at home. Don't touch Justin Tucker's things!

I noticed the Mahomes and Kelce commercials, too. Fortunately, we are in Baltimore so also get the Justin Tucker Royal Farms commercials.
Even though it's the Ravens home field, both teams get from the 45 yard line to the end of the field on their half to warm up. That was the Chiefs half of the field. Now, kickers are exempt. Because of wind conditions, they get to use both halves of the field. But given where he was, a kicker never has to kick from that close to the goal line. So really, he didn't have any business being there. He should have moved when asked. I think the whole incident was macho garbage from both sides.

Niners.

I cannot stand the Chiefs. And it seems like their people have to be all over - I think I counted 4 different companies that either Kelce or Mahomes was advertising for during the commercial breaks. Then constantly showing Taylor Swift almost every time they make a play instead of showing the fans getting excited. So ridiculous. Can you tell I was upset tonight for that game? lol And don't even get me started on how arrogant Kelce was and Ravens can get a taunting but ignore Kelce goading them and throwing a player's helmet and football during practice. I hope they lose hard.
I reviewed the Taunt. Thee penalty was 100% legit. He pushed the KC player back down and spun the ball. Pretty clear cut to me. And before the season even started, every team knew that was going to be a point of emphasis this year. Oh and Karma. The player that got taunted caused the fumble that cost him a TD. Seriously. Why is he taunting down in the game like that in the first place? And then he cut his hand pitching a fit about the fumble on the sidelines. Stupid. Absolutely stupid. He cost his team hugely.

Why do the Chiefs have to be in the superbowl for her to perform.!? lol
I'm not quite certain if you're misunderstanding what the PP was talking about or not.

It would have been highly unlikely for her to agree to be a perform at half time irrespective of who she is dating with her having a tour date the day before the super bowl in Japan (though add on the time adjustment with Japan which gives her a time lead).

However, people have been speculating about Taylor attending the Super Bowl (based really on the fact that the Chiefs were the most recent winners) ever since she was seen with Kelce last fall so it's not something that just cropped up.

I think the media is slightly jokingly poking that she could be a half time perform if she ended up coming to the super bowl.

But in reality Taylor Swift doesn't need to perform in the super bowl even if she wasn't dating Kelce. She's on a very successful tour that would have been successful regardless of who she is dating.

I usually view the half time performances as ones for people needing that boost to their name. That's not to say they aren't famous, good in the industry, etc but perhaps needing that public jolt, maybe they are coming out with a new album or something like that, etc. That's just how I typically view it.

Even though it's the Ravens home field, both teams get from the 45 yard line to the end of the field on their half to warm up. That was the Chiefs half of the field. Now, kickers are exempt. Because of wind conditions, they get to use both halves of the field. But given where he was, a kicker never has to kick from that close to the goal line. So really, he didn't have any business being there. He should have moved when asked. I think the whole incident was macho garbage from both sides.
Tucker has done that at least every home game for his warm ups.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter