• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Super Bowl LV Eats & Picks

neverlandsky

DIS Veteran
What's on the menu for Superbowl Sunday?
Who's going to win TB or KC?

Last edited:
7 layer Dip
Sausage Rotel Dip
Chips
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapeno and Sweet Baby Peppers
Buffalo Chicken Strips
Baked Dry Rub BBQ Wings
Peanut M&M's
Mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

TB is going to win. Can't deny the Goat and the once an a lifetime home field advantage. Could get tricky though, if Brady plays like he did on the Championship game with interceptions, KC will win. Betting on the gatorade shower to be red. Looking forward to the commericals and The Weeknd halftime show. Prince still holds that trophy.

Not watching the Super Bowl this year or probably ever in life again (oops,LOL) but decided this was the right menu for our night’s entertainment:

Ratatouille phyllo cups (great way to use up a small amt. of leftovers)
Salt baked roast chicken and twice cooked French fries
Charred romaine hearts w/ radish slices
Crème caramel

ETA: The above menu is not to say I’ll never make traditional SBS fare again. For the past 3 weeks been looking for chicken wings on sale unsuccessfully but did make my version of Texas red chili (in the freezer now), and bought a bag of Fritos. That would have made the man happy ;)

Last edited:
We just watch for the commercials.

Veggies and spinach dip
Guacamole and chips
Baked “fried” eggplant strips
Soft pretzels which have become my pandemic specialty
Main dish take out

What's on the menu for Superbowl Sunday?
Who's going to win TB or KC?

Chips and salsa
Veggies + ranch or green goddess or tzatziki dips
salami/pepperoni/cheese/crackers
mocha chocolate cupcakes w/white whipped frosting
wine for me

Nothing big, as we eat our main meal at lunchtime now. But..I ordered Firehouse subs for lunch.

Watching the SB because, tradition.
I hate hate hate Tom Brady, 🤢 and I'm a Broncos fan, so I'm contractually obligated to hate KC 🤢...can it end in a tie??? :rotfl2: I'm hoping the commercials step up from the last few years, and give me a reason to stay on that channel.

We decided on a nice bowl of pasta that we can eat while watching. My butcher got me some Guanciale, and so I'm going to make Rigatoni all'Amatriciana. Easy and delicious. Usually served with buccatini, which I have in the house....but tough to eat that on the couch. Bottle of chianti Classico reserva.....done. I don't really care who wins, just hope for an exciting game.

Last edited:
We're having gator tail, Bang Bang Shrimp & wings. I'm going to make a salad with red wine vinaigrette to balance out the heat.

ETA: As for the teams, my DH & DS are pulling for Tampa. I would prefer Tom Brady get some kind of minor injury that takes him out & TB's backup lead them to a win. :p

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter