• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Super Bowl Predictions?

Omg!!! Ridiculousness. Sean McVay is better than Belichik. They didn't even make the championship games.

If JJ Watt loses it is really stupid.

At least the got MVP right

Chalk me up as another former football fan that won't be watching this year. It will be first time in a very long time that I haven't watched the Super Bowl.

Did anyone see where the linebacker for the Colts, who intercepted Brady's pass in the AFC Championship game 3 years ago and came to the sidelines and gave it to an equipment manager and supposedly said that the ball felt soft, and this started Deflategate, states he never said that? In an interview he said he NEVER said the ball felt soft and that he gave it to the equipment manager to save it for him as a memento of intercepting Brady in a playoff game. He also states the NFL NEVER interviewed him about the ball he caught.

Very interesting.

We've got a boatload of food ready, including steaks for the grill, and we are so ready to watch our Eagles fly!

Everyone enjoy the day, enjoy the game, your food, the commercials, the Puppy Bowl, or your alternate non-Super Bowl activity of choice!

Did anyone see where the linebacker for the Colts, who intercepted Brady's pass in the AFC Championship game 3 years ago and came to the sidelines and gave it to an equipment manager and supposedly said that the ball felt soft, and this started Deflategate, states he never said that? In an interview he said he NEVER said the ball felt soft and that he gave it to the equipment manager to save it for him as a memento of intercepting Brady in a playoff game. He also states the NFL NEVER interviewed him about the ball he caught.

Very interesting.

Please stop muddying the waters with the truth. All non-Patriots fans won't believe it even if it comes from the real person.

Patriots 27-24.

Because it's the trendy, "righteous", thing to do because of kneeling and such. :rolleyes:
I don't feel that I'm being "righteous" or "trendy". If the players that chose to kneel had a solid message and were actually using their platform to promote their cause and working toward a solution to what they feel their kneeling during the anthem is bring attention to - I would support them wholeheartedly. As it is, they come across as a bunch of spoiled over paid entertainers. I'm not boycotting - I'm choosing to spend my entertainment dollars elsewhere....

What's with all the people being so very proud of themselves that they are "boycotting" the Super Bowl? I'm seeing it a lot on Facebook.
Because it's the trendy, "righteous", thing to do because of kneeling and such. :rolleyes:

Yes, it absolutely is the cool, hip and trendy thing to do. Silly, if you ask me. If you like the game of football, then I see no reason to boycott/choose not to watch/choose to spend my time elsewhere. You may not agree with the kneeling and such, that's fine. Personally, while I understand what the players are trying to say, I don't think kneeling is the right way to go about it. However, I turn the game on to watch a 3/4 defense in action, or an RPO, or well run slant route. The players' personal feelings about the President, the state of the union or their favorite brand of underwear doesn't mean anything to me.

Oh, and as for the deflated footballs thing, who really cares? Yes, I think the evidence is pretty darn overwhelmingly clear, they deflated the footballs. I don't think there's a ton of realistic argument that it didn't actually happen. However, it had no effect on the outcome of the game. The Patriots wiped the floor with the Colts, and that had nothing to do with the air in the football. So IMO, yep, they "cheated", but the outcome would have been the same if the footballs had been beach balls or hockey pucks. The Patriots have been caught cheating a few times, but you still can't take credit away from them and what they've done. There is no denying that talent and intelligence is the basis for their success, not cheating.

I don't feel that I'm being "righteous" or "trendy". If the players that chose to kneel had a solid message and were actually using their platform to promote their cause and working toward a solution to what they feel their kneeling during the anthem is bring attention to - I would support them wholeheartedly. As it is, they come across as a bunch of spoiled over paid entertainers. I'm not boycotting - I'm choosing to spend my entertainment dollars elsewhere....
And you have every right to feel that way.

The question was, “What’s with everyone being so proud...”.

I answered it and your response backed my opinion up. So thank you :thumbsup2

You could have just as easily not posted in this thread.

Yes, it absolutely is the cool, hip and trendy thing to do. Silly, if you ask me. If you like the game of football, then I see no reason to boycott/choose not to watch/choose to spend my time elsewhere. You may not agree with the kneeling and such, that's fine. Personally, while I understand what the players are trying to say, I don't think kneeling is the right way to go about it. However, I turn the game on to watch a 3/4 defense in action, or an RPO, or well run slant route. The players' personal feelings about the President, the state of the union or their favorite brand of underwear doesn't mean anything to me.

Oh, and as for the deflated footballs thing, who really cares? Yes, I think the evidence is pretty darn overwhelmingly clear, they deflated the footballs. I don't think there's a ton of realistic argument that it didn't actually happen. However, it had no effect on the outcome of the game. The Patriots wiped the floor with the Colts, and that had nothing to do with the air in the football. So IMO, yep, they "cheated", but the outcome would have been the same if the footballs had been beach balls or hockey pucks. The Patriots have been caught cheating a few times, but you still can't take credit away from them and what they've done. There is no denying that talent and intelligence is the basis for their success, not cheating.

What evidence? The player who intercepted the pass said the ball didn't feel deflated. He also said he never said to the equipment manager that the ball felt different. So why did the NFL say he told the equipment manager the ball felt low? Why did that player say the NFL never interviewed him? Why did 4 of the Colts balls measure below the legal limit? Not trying to argue with you but where is this "overwhelming evidence?" Anyone with common sense knows what really happened. Plus like I said Brady wasn't suspended because there was clear evidence of tampering with the balls, he was suspended for not turning over his "personal" phone.

I have no prediction- I want The Patriots to win.... but honestly it could go either way, just like any other game.

I predict the Pats will win(even though I don't want them to), I predict my kids will be annoying the whole game because their uncles and great grandmother will pump them full of soda and sugar, and I predict I will eat very little of the giant chopped salad I just made as a healthy alternative to all of the delicious junk :rotfl:

We've got a boatload of food ready, including steaks for the grill, and we are so ready to watch our Eagles fly!

Everyone enjoy the day, enjoy the game, your food, the commercials, the Puppy Bowl, or your alternate non-Super Bowl activity of choice!

That’s a great idea ....you aren’t going to want to watch on an empty stomach!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter