Super Busy after Irma and Crowd Tracker Accuracy

Going 9/23-10/1. Just saw many of the parks hours have extended. Anticipating higher crowds maybe?
We are going the 27th-2nd so am hoping that we don't see a ton of the Irma crowd....I didn't expect it to be dead but was really hoping for lower crowds. Doing the party on the 29th so was REALLY hoping for a slow night that night...I was also hoping for later hours at AK....we don't have any EMH late nights at all when we are there for any park which I found odd...there are a couple early mornings but we will never get DS up for those.

I just got an email today and I'm surprised some of the crowd forecasts are lower than they were before! This is for the week of Sept. 24:

• September 24, 2017: Epcot Crowd Level updated from 3 to 2.
  • September 26, 2017: Resort-wide Crowd Level updated from 3 to 2.
  • September 26, 2017: Epcot Crowd Level updated from 3 to 2.
  • September 28, 2017: Magic Kingdom Crowd Level updated from 4 to 3.
  • September 28, 2017: Epcot Crowd Level updated from 3 to 2.
  • September 29, 2017: Magic Kingdom Crowd Level updated from 2 to 3.
UGH I wonder if the 29th is up because of reschedule party goers....that is our only party night :(

I am here now. We have had a great time, even with a sick kid, but I feel like it has been as crowded as fall break. Avg wait times 60-120 min on big rides. FP lines keeping standby from moving at all. My husband, on the other hand, says I am just not remembering last year's fall break crowds, and he thought it was average crowd level. I do know I saw that HS was a 7 out of 10 yesterday, and I have no clue why. Dapper day??

I just for back last night. sept 17-23. I specifically planned this week because of the low crowds, and I've been during busy times. This was not a 2 or 3 out of 10 week.

Epcot on the 17 seemed quite crowded (yes I know, weekend during F&w)
Monday at HS wasn't bad. Rode RR with 30 min wait, but Fantasmic was PACKED!
Tuesday at MK also not too bad
Wednesday afternoon/evening at MK was awful. 115m for Space Mountain. Stayed for fireworks and ended up loosing hubby in the crowd and couldn't find him til the bus. Lots and lots of people walking around.
Thursday at AK felt like a 6/10. During lunchtime we were going to run over to EE, but the wait was 65m!! I swear I never see it that long
Friday was pool day and
Saturday morning at MK was much more reasonable. Still a 60min wait for 7Dwarves but only 15/20 for the others and walk-ons from 9am-10am

And yes, it was HOT!

We are in the World this weekend for a quick birthday trip without the kiddos. Crowds and heat are both ridiculous! Friday morning at EPCOT was nice until the mobs arrived around 4. Before we could escape out the back to HS, the crush of locals was merging with the hoards fleeing MK because of the Halloween party. It was insane. HS wasn't too bad. TSMM was a walk on 20 min before the fireworks, which of course was also during Fantasmic. MK on Sat was mobbed. We waited in line for PeopleMover at 10:15pm! We'd walked by a couple times and that was the shortest we had seen it all day. Waited in line through multiple showings of Philharmagic and Laugh Floor as well. I've never seen those theaters so packed. We still had fun. Used our FP plus a few extras. Walked-on twice to BTMRR during the parade. It can be done, but definitely plan to follow plans appropriate for HIGHLY crowd levels, insane on the weekends. At least the are staying open later than during our July trip, especially appreciated since it is still crazy hot!!

I just for back last night. sept 17-23. I specifically planned this week because of the low crowds, and I've been during busy times. This was not a 2 or 3 out of 10 week.

Epcot on the 17 seemed quite crowded (yes I know, weekend during F&w)
Monday at HS wasn't bad. Rode RR with 30 min wait, but Fantasmic was PACKED!
Tuesday at MK also not too bad
Wednesday afternoon/evening at MK was awful. 115m for Space Mountain. Stayed for fireworks and ended up loosing hubby in the crowd and couldn't find him til the bus. Lots and lots of people walking around.
Thursday at AK felt like a 6/10. During lunchtime we were going to run over to EE, but the wait was 65m!! I swear I never see it that long
Friday was pool day and
Saturday morning at MK was much more reasonable. Still a 60min wait for 7Dwarves but only 15/20 for the others and walk-ons from 9am-10am

And yes, it was HOT!
Even if it had been a low crowd time of year, a non party day in the MK was likely going to be very crowded. Party season concentrates crowds on those days, especially toward evening leading up to fireworks.

Glad you had a more reasonable crowd Saturday morning!

We are in the World this weekend for a quick birthday trip without the kiddos. Crowds and heat are both ridiculous! Friday morning at EPCOT was nice until the mobs arrived around 4. Before we could escape out the back to HS, the crush of locals was merging with the hoards fleeing MK because of the Halloween party. It was insane. HS wasn't too bad. TSMM was a walk on 20 min before the fireworks, which of course was also during Fantasmic. MK on Sat was mobbed. We waited in line for PeopleMover at 10:15pm! We'd walked by a couple times and that was the shortest we had seen it all day. Waited in line through multiple showings of Philharmagic and Laugh Floor as well. I've never seen those theaters so packed. We still had fun. Used our FP plus a few extras. Walked-on twice to BTMRR during the parade. It can be done, but definitely plan to follow plans appropriate for HIGHLY crowd levels, insane on the weekends. At least the are staying open later than during our July trip, especially appreciated since it is still crazy hot!!

I have to completely agree with you. I have been here since Thursday and it is as crowded as it was when we were here in June. We were at Epcot yesterday (I know, a Saturday during food and wine) and it was wall to wall people walking through the countries. It was insane. I just looked at AK to see if we wanted to pop over there before the Halloween party and FOP was a 275 minute wait and NRJ was 105 minutes. Seems extremely crowded this weekend and I am hoping it calms down as we are here until Friday.

Just got back today from a week stay and we found the crowds to be similar to our trip last September, except for oddly Thursday afternoon in Epcot was packed. The rest of the parks seemed normal to light. At AK we rode the safari, EE twice and Dinosaur twice all within a 70 minute period. Never waited more than 15 minutes for a ride without a FP. Much less crowded than our trip in early May!

I went last weekend (rescheduled from the weekend Irma hit) and the crowds were bad at all. The only part that I would say was a little crowded was world showcase around dinner time saturday night but nothing a born and raised NYer couldn't handle. Ha! The longest wait was FOP which was about 90 mins from park entrance to ride completion...and that was with technical difficulties on one of the bays. Oh, and Jack and Sally was about 90 mins as well but that's to be expected at a MNSSHP.

Just back from our trip last week. Yes, the crowds were pretty big and the heat and humidity were brutal, a lot of sunshine - not much breeze or clouds until Thursday and Friday!! Thank goodness for air conditioned queues and shops! i would guess the levels were at least a 6 or 7 most days! Still had a blast though!

We have been here since Tuesday. I didn't plan correctly but still doing ok. We hit MK for EMH and did get the speedway done, Buzz, people mover, tea cups and ended with Laugh floor all before 9 am when they let the people in. We went to jungle cruise on a FP and played the adventure land hunt for the next few hours.

All week it has been very hot! We feel the parks are busy and we can tell there are a lot of hot and tired people. But it isn't shoulder to shoulder, just very busy. We have been doing mornings, napping in the afternoon and finishing up in the evenings.

Yes, it is more crowded than expected and very hot and humid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter