"super secret" one time exception

jel0511

DIS Veteran
I remember reading here that DVC grants a one time "super secret" one time exception to the rules. I have a vacation booked in Nov and we're not going to use it. the points were borrowed from 2007 and I would like them put back in 2007, is there any way to do this using this "super secret" exemption.

Good question. If memory serves me correctly, the super-secret exception was banking points after you missed the banking deadline.

I also wonder how DVC keeps tract of the "one time exception". I mean, they can't keep tract of home resort and use year of transfered points... :confused3

MG

I had to call 3 times before someone would let me use my exception. Finally the 3rd CM was willing to help me. I am not exaggerating when I say that she told me about 10 times that this was a ONE time exception. Not sure how they keep track of it. Just call and ask very nicely and if necessary call back. Make sure this is what you want to use your exception for, I really think it is 100% a one time thing. I used mine to get a ton (285) of reservation points converted back to regular points. Good luck!

for anything under a 100 points I won't use it. It is a one time in your lifetime only....

Maistre Gracey said:
Good question. If memory serves me correctly, the super-secret exception was banking points after you missed the banking deadline.

I also wonder how DVC keeps tract of the "one time exception". I mean, they can't keep tract of home resort and use year of transfered points... :confused3

MG

This is correct... we have gotten the "one time exception" for banking points we forgot to bank. Haven't made that mistake again.

PrincessJasmine08 said:
I had to call 3 times before someone would let me use my exception. Finally the 3rd CM was willing to help me. I am not exaggerating when I say that she told me about 10 times that this was a ONE time exception. Not sure how they keep track of it. Just call and ask very nicely and if necessary call back. Make sure this is what you want to use your exception for, I really think it is 100% a one time thing. I used mine to get a ton (285) of reservation points converted back to regular points. Good luck!

WOW, 285 reservation points converted to regular points! Good for you...this seems very generous for MS to have done this. Even if it is a one time super secret exception. Although I've never had to ask for the exception and doubt I ever will, it is nice to know they have the flexibility to do this when nothing else will work.

PrincessJasmine08 said:

Goes to show you how much it matters who (CM) you get. We missed banking points in our 2nd year and didn't have a clue about any "one time exception", but when DW called MS the CM immediately informed her of the it.

Do you not just think that the 'one time super secret exception' is just Disney-speak for "we just did you a big favour don't ask again !"

I don't think they keep track of it, they just give CM's authority to make exceptions in cases where they truly feel that the members, for whatever reason, missed an important deadline etc unintentionally and realize their mistake.

Congratulations to all who receive this 'pixie' dust !

Goofy's apprentice said:
Do you not just think that the 'one time super secret exception' is just Disney-speak for "we just did you a big favour don't ask again !"

I don't think they keep track of it, they just give CM's authority to make exceptions in cases where they truly feel that the members, for whatever reason, missed an important deadline etc unintentionally and realize their mistake.

I agree. I suspect it means someone put enough heat on a cast member, that they "found a way" to placate the begger, and "did a favor". I can see this being the case in unusual circumstances like illness or death in the family, but if it was me, I'd likely take my lumps and not expect any favors.

DBBN said:
WOW, 285 reservation points converted to regular points! Good for you...this seems very generous for MS to have done this. Even if it is a one time super secret exception. Although I've never had to ask for the exception and doubt I ever will, it is nice to know they have the flexibility to do this when nothing else will work.

Yes, we felt very lucky. It was definitely an extremely extenuating circumstance and I think the CM just took pity on our misfortune and therefore chose to do us this wonderful favor. We were very greatful!

Goofy's apprentice said:

I think you are probably correct on this. Hope we don't ever have to find out for sure.

A few years back my husband had a severe medical condition that forced us to cancel our reservations one week prior to arrival. When we called to cancel we asked if an exception could be made; simple question, no begging. We were told yes they would drop the rules but it was a one time exception and would never be allowed again. Since we had so many years ahead of us in DVC and no knowledge of what may happen in the future, we declined the offer.

At no time did the CM indicate that we should take the exception because they didn't keep track. I definitely got the impression that a big red X was put on your account and never, never again could that exception be given.

Maistre Gracey said:

:confused3 These were my thoughts EXACTLY when I read the question.

Good luck to the OP with your issue. I hope to never need the super secret exception. With our luck, the year we need it would be the year they eliminate it because it is abused! pirate:

If a lot of members begin to use the "super secret" exemption, it will become super eliminated and we'll be reading about it in the Vacation Magic.

OneMoreTry said:
If a lot of members begin to use the "super secret" exemption, it will become super eliminated and we'll be reading about it in the Vacation Magic.
::yes::

I came on tonight to post a question about this, and here it was! This is my dilema. I was holding a 1 BR at BW this 10/7 through 10/12. I also had a 1 BR at SSR for the same dates. We're travelling with 2 other couples who have rooms at SSR as BW was already booked when they wanted to come. I waitlisted them at BW. I called today to cancel the 1 BR at BW. The CM was AMAZED! I told her I couldn't believe I was doing it either! It was killing me, and I said so. THAT is friendship! :love: (It was around 4:30, at the end of the day, so if someone wants a BW 1 BR, call first thing Monday morning. Just maybe you can grab it. I told the CM I knew I was making someone VERY HAPPY! I was going to post immediately, but had to dash out to meet friends for dinner.)

The problem is now my points are in holding. I must make a reservation withing 60 days of going. As we need to make airline reservations, take time off from work, etc. (and I teach & must use them by August), this is nearly impossible. I thought it was within a week that the points went into holding. Obviously, in 6 years this hasn't happened or come up, and I am just sick about it since it's obviously my fault. (Gee, how often do posters flame themselves?!?)

Do you think I can use my "one time secret exception" for this??
Or any other suggestions?

Thanks guys,
Kathy

Kath816 said:
I came on tonight to post a question about this, and here it was! This is my dilema. I was holding a 1 BR at BW this 10/7 through 10/12. I also had a 1 BR at SSR for the same dates. We're travelling with 2 other couples who have rooms at SSR as BW was already booked when they wanted to come. I waitlisted them at BW. I called today to cancel the 1 BR at BW. The CM was AMAZED! I told her I couldn't believe I was doing it either! It was killing me, and I said so. THAT is friendship! :love: (It was around 4:30, at the end of the day, so if someone wants a BW 1 BR, call first thing Monday morning. Just maybe you can grab it. I told the CM I knew I was making someone VERY HAPPY! I was going to post immediately, but had to dash out to meet friends for dinner.)

The problem is now my points are in holding. I must make a reservation withing 60 days of going. As we need to make airline reservations, take time off from work, etc. (and I teach & must use them by August), this is nearly impossible. I thought it was within a week that the points went into holding. Obviously, in 6 years this hasn't happened or come up, and I am just sick about it since it's obviously my fault. (Gee, how often do posters flame themselves?!?)

Do you think I can use my "one time secret exception" for this??
Or any other suggestions?

Thanks guys,
Kathy
For things like points in holding, I would doubt it, since that could throw the accounting off. I think the main utility of the "secret" is when folks have "forgotten" to bank within deadlines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter