Super Walmart on the way from MCO to WDW?

LAWalz23

DIS Veteran
Hi, can anyone tell me the easiest Super Walmart (read least amount of turns) to get to from Orlando Airport then to WDW (again least amount of turns)? I will be driving and my cousin will be following so if we have clear easy to follow directions it would be a great help. We would like to stop on the way to WDW because we are getting in early and do not plan to do any parks that day. Thanks for any help.

While I can't exactly answer your question, I did find that if you go to Walmart.com you can search their locations and then map it. I found it very helpful in finding one near Universal.

No Super Walmart, but a Super Target. If you take the South exit out of the airport, towards 417 and get on 417 South towards WDW. You'll take exit 11, John Young Parkway, you'll see the Super Target from 417. I think you'll need to make a left, and the Super Target is just up ahead on the right. To get to WDW, just get back on 417 South and get off at exit 3, Osceola Parkway. Make a right off the exit onto Osceola, and continue straight onto WDW property.

there is a super walmart ....just off of sand lake road about halfway from the airport to international drive...if memory serves me correctly it is on john young but closer to sand lake road

it is the next big intersection past the orange blossom trail ( where the florida mall is located ) there is a lowes store there too.....you have to turn left off sand lake road to ge into it.....or left on john young and then left again to get into it....

there is a super walmart ....just off of sand lake road about halfway from the airport to international drive...if memory serves me correctly it is on john young but closer to sand lake road

it is the next big intersection past the orange blossom trail ( where the florida mall is located ) there is a lowes store there too.....you have to turn left off sand lake road to ge into it.....or left on john young and then left again to get into it....

use the www.walmart.com website to get "a truer" picture though.....think you can get maps (through mapquest" from their site too

what a stupid administrator ploy.....only one message ever 50 seconds ...me shakes my head

lawgs,
That John Young Wal*Mart is the most filthy Wal*Mart I have ever seen. I would not buy dog food there.
And, it is FOREVER off 417.
IMHO, the one on 192 is much better, cleaner and easier to get to.
Now, if I could just remember the exit of 417, directions would be a snap.

what a stupid administrator ploy.....only one message ever 50 seconds ...me shakes my head

It used to be 60 seconds. Make me shake my head also. I type fast and read fast, but, I don't wait fast. :)

Although the Target is convenient, I wouldn't go there again. The selection wasn't great, and neither were the prices. We thought the super walmart on 192 was much better.

Originally posted by GAIL HAYDEN
lawgs,
That John Young Wal*Mart is the most filthy Wal*Mart I have ever seen. I would not buy dog food there.
And, it is FOREVER off 417.
IMHO, the one on 192 is much better, cleaner and easier to get to.
Now, if I could just remember the exit of 417, directions would be a snap.

You sure you dont have those mixed up? In my experience, the 192 is a true dump... John Young/Sand Lake is much nicer in comparison.

However, I had a chance to visit the Osceola Parkway store the other day... that store is fairly new (1yr or so old) and was very nice. If you exit the airport via the south exit (Boggy Creek?), it leads you right to the Osceola Parkway. Get on that, and there's the Wal*Mart, and then its a straight shoot to Disney.

You sure you dont have those mixed up? In my experience, the 192 is a true dump... John Young/Sand Lake is much nicer in comparison.

Definitely not mixed up here. Thanks for the info on the Osceola one. Just stay on Boggy Creek and don't take a right on 417, right?

Originally posted by GAIL HAYDEN
Definitely not mixed up here. Thanks for the info on the Osceola one. Just stay on Boggy Creek and don't take a right on 417, right?

I used to work for Wal*Mart for 3 years before I came to Disney... when I moved down here, I transferred to the 192 store so that I'd have a job when I got down here. I think I stayed 2 weeks before I got my job at Disney. As someone who worked there, that place truly is a dump. It's dirty, run down, the people are rude, dont speak English, and it's jam packed all the time. Coming from my old store, I was very dissapointed in the 192 store. Made me ashamed to work there. Management didn't care that thier store was falling apart, they just cared about making money.

As for directions, yeah... Osceola Parkway isn't too far down Boggy Creek... it's not a huge intersection, if I remember correctly, so you have to watch out for it. One other thing to watch out for... there is a toll ($1.25?) on the parkway.

I used to work for Wal*Mart for 3 years before I came to Disney... when I moved down here, I transferred to the 192 store so that I'd have a job when I got down here. I think I stayed 2 weeks before I got my job at Disney. As someone who worked there, that place truly is a dump. It's dirty, run down, the people are rude, dont speak English, and it's jam packed all the time. Coming from my old store, I was very dissapointed in the 192 store. Made me ashamed to work there. Management didn't care that thier store was falling apart, they just cared about making money.

LOL, so did I. I was a photo lab manager and that is probably why I was so aghast at the one on John Young, not just the lab but the entire store.
I think Management is pretty much the same at all Wal*Marts, big drive to make money, but, hopefully they realize that the store has to stay in one piece. I am not too concerned about what language they speak, they don't speak English in a lot of stores in CT either or at least English one can understand (ie: slang, street, etc). Yes, it is jam packed all the time, name one that is not. :)

I will tell you Tyler, spend two weeks in downtown Bentonville and they "brainwash" you pretty well. LOL

But, I can, and will say, I have never seen a store like the JY one.

Thanks for the directions and the toll warning, however, I am so used to paying a toll somewhere when I get into town, I am generally not surprised. :)

Thanks for the directions and suggestions. From boggy Creek do you have to make a turn onto Osceola Parkway? Super Walmart has a supermarket in it right?

Pooh,
Super Wal*Mart does have a food store. I am sure if you go to WalMart.com, use the store locator, you will find where it is. That is what I plan to do.

Whe we stay in Orlando at the hotels that we use on either International Drive or Uiversal Dr Curnetly the HI on Universal!

We always use that Superwalmart that is on Sandlake Rd and have always found ot to be clean and handy for everything!!! As a matter of fact this yr we are having them develope our vacaton pictures as to not lose any film to xrays at the airport.they are doing a great job in processing the pictures!

this Walmart is far better in comparion to the Walmart in my own city back in massachusetts!!!!!!! That one is dirty and so unorganized now this one in Fl is much cleaneer and better orgainzed!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter