Supermarket near Disney World?

Alexsmommy

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! We are leaving next week for Disney and we will be staying at the Grand Floridian. I am taking my 10 month old son with us. Does anyone know if there is a supermarket so I can pick up some food for him. I don't want to carry all those glass jars down with us. Does anyone know of a place close by? We're renting a car from the airport to Disney so I can stop on the way there. Thank you so much!!!!!!

Yes, here are directions from the GF and the airport, depending on when you plan on going.

GF - Exit the GF, by making a left onto Floridian Way (right if leaving from self park). Continue straight and merge onto World Drive. After on World Drive, take the Osceola Parkway Exit, towards Route 417 and the Florida Turnpike. Once on Osceola Parkway, continue straight off WDW property. At the Gaylord Palms hotel, make a right onto International Drive South. The Publix will be on the left about 3/4 miles down the road. This takes about 10 minutes from the GF.

Airport - Exit using the South Exit, towards Route 417. Get on Route 417 South. Take Exit 3, Osceola Parkway. After paying toll, make a right on Osceola Parkway. At your first light, make a left onto International Drive South (Gaylord Palms is on corner). Publix will be ahead on left. To get to the GF, get back on Osceola Parkway (turning left at Gaylord Palms) and continue straight onto WDW property. Make a right at 2nd light, this will be World Drive. Go straight through the MK tolk booth(stay right to MK resort guests lane). At first light, make a left and you'll pass the Poly. At the end of this road make a right, and the GF will be ahead on the right.

I went to www.walmart.com and put in zip code 32830 in the store locator. It gave me maps and directions for 4 Super Wal-Mart stores that are within about 10 miles of WDW. I love their prices, they are just like home. They also have many other handy things that I don't like to pack, especially their White Cloud diapers, which are very much like Huggies but a lot cheaper.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This helps me so much :-)
I really appreciate it!

Maria:Pinkbounc

I use the WinnDixie which is near Cross Roads.

To get there: You follow the Disney Road Signs to DownTown Disney.
You drive past downtown disney (Buena Vista Drive) and follow the road around the bend (it will turn into Hotel Plaza Blvd), past all the nice offsite hotels and make a left at the light at 435( S Apopka Vineland Rd). You will see CrossRoads across the street. Follow the road for about 3 or 4 lights and on the right will be a WinnDixie.

It sounds a bit confusing but it is very close to Downtown Disney and rather easy to get to. I found it by accident the first time.

Have fun!
Cindy in NY

there is one at Crossroads too (Goodings I think it's called)
- I think it's pricier than other supermarkets, but we have used it a few times because it's very convenient and cheaper than Disney.

Goodings at CrossRoads may be convenient, but I'd be careful about going there. LOL DH had sticker shock when he had to go pick up diapers. We normally pay about $9-10 for a pack of premium pampers. They were over $22 for the normal ones. Ouch. We won't be needing them by the time we go on our next trip. But if we do need something, we'll drive a little bit further to save a bit.

Remember that if you go down the Parkway you will need if I recall correctly $0.50 in quarters for the automated toll booth exit

I found this out the hard way and had to go down the Parkway to the manned booths and then down to 192 for the long slog back

Thanks
Jason

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter