Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

It was a matter of time. I fully expected this.
So awful for those with long-planned vacations, but it's safer in the long run.
Imagine the logistics nightmare for the staff there. Not to mention the short term unemployment claims that are being filed from all over.

So many people will be negatively impacted financially. Those Disney workers do not make a lot of money. No hours is going to wipe out those who live paycheck to paycheck.

Dang. Closed for 2 weeks. I guess that answers the question of whether people should go this month.

It was a matter of time. I fully expected this.
So awful for those with long-planned vacations, but it's safer in the long run.
Imagine the logistics nightmare for the staff there. Not to mention the short term unemployment claims that are being filed from all over.

So many people will be negatively impacted financially. Those Disney workers do not make a lot of money. No hours is going to wipe out those who live paycheck to paycheck.

The release says CMs will continue to be paid.

Well at least this allows people to cancel and plan for another time - the not knowing was the big issue. Hopefully all of these sacrifices in our daily routines and plans will pay off and we will see a flattening of the curve of spread for this virus and in the end everyone will be better off for having done this. If things just kept going as usual we could see some pretty dire situations unfolding on this continent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter