Surprise Swap ----complete!!!!

I love the idea of using up our "scraps" I've got lots of single pages also.
I've been trying hard not to buy to much for the swaps I've been doing, have done pretty good so far.

As far as the kids group goes, something pretty simple, Megan is only 10 and is just starting to get into wanting to scrap, still pretty rough with her technique...I would help her of course if needed to make sure things are straight and even... how about a tag swap for the kiddos, small and they could embellish to their hearts content!

This is one of the coolest things I've ever heard of! I'm definitely gonna play! Since I'll have Christmas vacation, I'll probably sign up for a lot. :goodvibes

My momma and I think a free-for-all for the page groups would be cool. :upsidedow

I almost forgot...and would be in soooo much trouble...

My DD (11) drools over everything I get from these swaps. So, she had asked me about doing a swap. I would like to add a kids group to this swap. So, if there is some interest...please sign your kids up! I think it will be best to do it general Disney unless anyone else has any input. I know there were kids groups in other swaps...so maybe someone will weigh in??!!

I think my DD - who turns 11 on Sunday! - will want to play too. She's asked me about it in the past.

I have pictures of Rachel (MusicalDisneyDreams) at her first "adult" crop when she was almost 9. I say we give the kids a place to crop & swap :thumbsup2 Pull 'em to the "dark side" while they're young :lmao: 'Cause you know they're into all our supplies anyway :)

I have pictures of Rachel (MusicalDisneyDreams) at her first "adult" crop when she was almost 9. I say we give the kids a place to crop & swap :thumbsup2 Pull 'em to the "dark side" while they're young :lmao: 'Cause you know they're into all our supplies anyway :)

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
megan learned her lesson one time, always ask before she goes into my stuff.....she used a really nice packet of stickers that had cost about $15 and put them all over the place.....I need to include her more, so this will be a great way to get her started and learn the correct placing of her items, etc.

I love this idea :thumbsup2 I have tons of single sheets and an entire box (think medium size priority mail) full of scraps that I started saving when I make swap stuff!! I NEVER used to save scraps, now I'm so happy I have them :)

The kids group is a fab idea!!

Yep...use those scraps up!! It will help save a bit of money and clean some things out!! And, you still get swap items in return!!! I encourage everyone to shop their own supplies and stash before the stores for this one!!

Thanks...my daughter really wants to be involved! So, perfect opportunity!

I love surprise swaps but I've not done the last few as I've got a drawer full of Disney stuff waiting for a Disney vacation (yes, there's some OLD bits in there:sad2:) but I'll be in for general groups:thumbsup2

Yay!!! I figured we could all always use other stuff, so I added them in there for good measure! Glad to have you.

I love the idea of using up our "scraps" I've got lots of single pages also.
I've been trying hard not to buy to much for the swaps I've been doing, have done pretty good so far.

As far as the kids group goes, something pretty simple, Megan is only 10 and is just starting to get into wanting to scrap, still pretty rough with her technique...I would help her of course if needed to make sure things are straight and even... how about a tag swap for the kiddos, small and they could embellish to their hearts content!

Yepper!!! Use those straggler misc sheets and scraps up!!

I agree...my daughter is 11 and really is very creative and loves to do this stuff, but it's best to let her stay in her age group!! We can guide them!! Do you think just tags are best...or should we allow them to choose between tags and maybe boxes and mats?? Keeping it to just those three? I agree...let their creativity fly with the embellishments!

This is one of the coolest things I've ever heard of! I'm definitely gonna play! Since I'll have Christmas vacation, I'll probably sign up for a lot. :goodvibes

My momma and I think a free-for-all for the page groups would be cool. :upsidedow

Yay Rachel!! It's going to be fun! That holiday vacation will be a bonus!

Noted on the pages...will se what everyone else thinks...or at least those that respond!!

I think my DD - who turns 11 on Sunday! - will want to play too. She's asked me about it in the past.

Perfect! All of our daughter are around the same age!! I'm glad they will have the chance here!! I know there have been others that had kids get involved in past swaps, too!!

Ha!! We are only hurting ourselves by pulling them in...the bill comes to us!

megan learned her lesson one time, always ask before she goes into my stuff.....she used a really nice packet of stickers that had cost about $15 and put them all over the place.....I need to include her more, so this will be a great way to get her started and learn the correct placing of her items, etc.

Oooooo...that hurts!! Yeah...we need to get them to learn the proper respect of the embellishments! That's why I "collect" mine...that way they see I don't misuse them!! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I confess--when Rachel first started cropping I went through my stuff and gave her some of the items I wouldn't use so she had all her own supplies (including a trimmer, tape runner & scissors):goodvibes

I love surprise swaps but I've not done the last few as I've got a drawer full of Disney stuff waiting for a Disney vacation (yes, there's some OLD bits in there:sad2:) but I'll be in for general groups:thumbsup2

At least you dont have 5 photo boxes full of past swap stuff (still in the ziplocs)
I am a swap Hoarder!!!! and proud of it:thumbsup2

Yep...wanted to leave plenty of time!! Should be a good one!!
And, glad to see you found your count down!! By the time this swap is over, his trip will be 1/3 over!!! That helps make it go by!!!

You have a good point.. and 2 months til my honeymoon in London, Ireland and Scotland!!!:banana:

You have a good point.. and 2 months til my honeymoon in London, Ireland and Scotland!!!:banana:

Oooooooohhhhhhh....Great Honeymoon!!!!!!! I'll come and be your Nanny!!! When is the honeymoon...in April?? That will break up your away time...right in the middle!

I confess--when Rachel first started cropping I went through my stuff and gave her some of the items I wouldn't use so she had all her own supplies (including a trimmer, tape runner & scissors):goodvibes

I did the same shortly after the sticker incident....her problem is neatness, so this will show her how important it is since other people will be using her items.

I'm okay with tags, mats and boxes....they could be a "mini kit"!

told megan about it today she's really excited to be included!

Surina, what a wonderful honeymoon....will be worth the wait! my honeymoon was 14 months after our wedding.

I did the same shortly after the sticker incident....her problem is neatness, so this will show her how important it is since other people will be using her items.

I'm okay with tags, mats and boxes....they could be a "mini kit"!

told megan about it today she's really excited to be included!

Surina, what a wonderful honeymoon....will be worth the wait! my honeymoon was 14 months after our wedding.

I am ok with mini kits... they have plenty of time and there is the holiday break in there for them!!

i am so in on this swap...i've never been a part of a surprise swap so I need to do some more reading of the first post but it looks like fun!

i am so in on this swap...i've never been a part of a surprise swap so I need to do some more reading of the first post but it looks like fun!

I think it will be fun!! The anticipation of what you will get back should be great!! It is pretty much the same as all the other swaps...just the element numbers are varying. If you have any questions...just ask away! There have been other surprise swaps that you can look at also. I took some ideas from them, made some of my own and am open to suggestions and requests!! So, they may help you to get an idea also!

I've actually got 2 US mail boxes full of swap stuff in the ziplocks - plus the drawer (or two) of Disney stuff....

Surina, I hope I get to play Tourguide Mazda for the London leg:thumbsup2 I don't know how well you and DH know London but if you have an idea of what you want to see then I can help you plan it out without zig-zagging all over! Arizona Rita will give me a reference:rolleyes1;)

Is anyone available to be a sign-up buddy for me? I will be in Minnesota at the Mall of America on sign up day and don't have a laptop to take with me on my little mini vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter