SURPRISES!!! For The Kids

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi all! Last trip (April 2002) I wrapped little gifts for my kids with Disney name tags for my kids. When we would return to the resort from the parks, there was a gift waiting for each of my two kids every day "from a Disney character." (I can't beleive how easy it was to hide gifts right under my kids noses.) They were THRILLED!

I have been saving Disney pins (one per kid per day) for our next trip. I have about 30 pins saved. I also have 4 lanyards for them. I need your advice. (1) dh thinks we should give the kids one pin per day from us, not Disney characters, want do you think? (2) if we do that, I would like to still do something neat for the kids from "characters". What can I do? Thanks! S

How old are your kids? I just bought several of the small towels that enlarge in water for my 2 year old son at the Disney Store. I am planning on giving him one each night to make sure that I can get him the tub!!! That would be a nice small gift from the characters if your kids are still young enough to get excited about something like that.

I make treat bags for the kids, one for each day. I use left over disney themed party treat bags or ones I pick up on clearance and fill these with what ever little toys I gather over the year. I have included beenies, candy, little toys, sunglasses, lip balm, bubbles, pool toys, etc. I use a small rubbermaid container and add things throughout the year as I find them. Then a few days before our trip I make the bags up, usually suprising myself with what I have, and then take them in the tote so the kids don't see them. It usually only costs a few dollars since I buy most of this on clearance and the kids have a great time with their new stuff.

This isn't exactly the same but a good surprise just the same. My kids had each had a special connection with a certain character when we were at WDW. Before we came home, I mailed them each a postcard from that special character. They loved them, and both asked to sleep with the postcards! LOL

Just for an example - at the parade, Peter Pan points at one child, and just so happened to choose my ds. We made a big deal out of that, how Peter Pan was his buddy, and the stuff he mentioned. I made sure to include that in the postcard.

DD's favorite is Cinderella, we had breakfast at the castle and she was elated. So of course she received a postcard from Cinderella.

Which reminds me of something else - we printed out pictures of characters from the computer, and had the kids color for them. Then we wrote notes from the kids, and included their name and address. The characters made a big deal out of thanking the kids for the pictures. Cinderella acted like it was the best thing that ever happened to her. :) I had heard that supposedly, if you include your address they will send you an autographed picture. It's too soon to see if that will happen for us but it was fun just the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter