surprising things you never knew you could buy at the Disney parks

aschwarz

Mouseketeer
Hi friends! I hope this is OK to post, if not, my apologies.

I'm a writer working on an article for INSIDER about the surprising things you never knew you could buy at the Disney parks, and what better way to do some research than by asking the experts on the disboards?

I'm not looking for answers like Disney-themed kitchenware or phone cases, but truly surprising stuff that you've seen in the parks and wondered, "huh? who knew they sold that here?"

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts! Thank you.

Belly dancing ensembles, complete with jingly belts and bra tops
Cuckoo Clocks
Mexican glassware
Downton Abbey jewelry (they might not have this anymore)
Dr. Who and Sherlock fan items
Baskets sustainably made from repurposed coated wire in Animal Kingdom
Bath goodies at Basin, including make-your-own gifts
Really, really expensive Disney art

Thermometers! We were eating at the Polynesian one evening, and my then-3 year old started seeming really sick. When I felt her head, she was burning up. Just on a whim, I went to the store on the second floor (forget the name) and sure enough - they had the little disposable cheapo thermometers (the paper kind you put onto a forehead.) It was great!
Also, underwear... cause sometimes you have a massive failure to pack well.

Yeah, don't know how much it costs now, but I remember there being a glass replica of Cinderella Castle for around $40,000 at Arriba Brothers.

Really cool dinnerware and bowls (non-disney) at the Japan pavillion. We love ours!

Cotillion Perfume at La Signature in the France Pavilion at World Showcase. This is a beautiful perfume store and Cotillion is my favorite perfume. I hadn't been able to buy it for a few years, just the cologne, which I don't care for. If found it there and bought them out 14 years ago. I plan to buy more this summer on our trip to Disney World.
I also found out and enjoy looking in all the perfume shops around the world showcase.

I'm sure they sell all kind of sundries (medicine, feminine hygiene, sunscreen, etc) behind the counter in the parks. I'm sure the resort stores even have condoms (gasp!).

At the baby care centers you can buy diapers, wipes, baby food, formula, and pacifiers.

Hello Kitty, Sailor Moon and other Kawaii items (Japan pavilion) including the DIY sweets.

They sell a lot of anime merchandise in Japan showcase in Epcot. Really surprised me I am a huge anime fan and wasn’t expecting to find Sailor Moon stuff in Disney but it was cool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter