Survivor 46

I'm a Survivor watcher since the first season; my husband joined me shortly after. It's one of two shows we watch together.

The fake idol didn't bother me; it was the way it was executed. That's when we felt it was just mean. Had Tiff OR Kenzie created the idol and planted it for Jess to easily find, I would have been fine with it. When three people were in on it, it stopped being outwit or outplay.

I agree with everyone about the fake idol.

My husband thinks that they should have voted Q out but I think that Q lost a chance to get the red head out of the game.

Jess needed to go. I don't think she realized how much she actually needed those ADHD meds, because her focus really wasn't there.

I also don't think she knew how stressed out she was until she got voted out. That smile was one of relief.

The fake Idol, though, was completely unnecessary and honestly a bit mean. Kenzie is playing too hard, too early and I wouldn't be surprised to see her get booted after a tribe swap or right at the merge.

If they are smart, they will vote out Tiffany and leave both Kenzie and Q without an ally.

I’ve never missed a season of Survivor, even while deployed. It’s kinda a have to at this point. Having said that, I am a week behind so I’m gonna stop reading until I get caught up!

We always watch, but it has definitely been going downhill. Last season was infuriating when 2 or 3 people basically quit or were asking to be voted out in the first few episodes because it was too tough. They need to do better casting, but I think they aren't getting as many applicants as they used to (that's why they remind everyone to apply during the episodes).

Most of the people they cast now are too weak, too annoying, or just complain constantly. That and the challenges are getting too boring. Way too many repeated puzzles, balance, and standing endurance challenges and not enough strength, speed, athletic endurance, battling, coordination, or obstacle course challenges anymore. They could make it quite a bit better again just by fixing those two things.

Tatebeck & hoosierfan - you both sound just like me. I've never seen such a biga$$ crybaby who should have never been there in the first place. He's not a player and doesn't know how to play. And the challenges now, don't even get me started. Bring back when they had to hold onto a pole and get pulled and dragged off; or when they were tied together in a pair and had to catch another pair (that was hilarious by the way); the slingshot where they had to catch the ball (like a football receiver); the swimming challenges where Ozzy dominated because he was a water beast. I could go on and on.

Seriously! Has there ever been a bigger cry baby in the game? And him saying he wants to win a million hearts and not a million dollars???? Ugh!
Right!?

I need him to make it to the merge. I really want to see how Venus and the other tribes react to him. Right now he has their sympathy because of how Ben and Liz went back and described what happened with the rocks. It's too bad, because I was originally cheering for Bhanu when the show first started.

A friend sent me the EW article with cast members' pet peeves. Hunter's cracks me up. He wouldn't do well at Disneyland.

I'm someone who wants to get to where he is going, and I have longer legs, and so I walk pretty fast. But whenever there's a group of people that clump on the sidewalk and walk slowly, it drives me insane. Either get in a straight line and take up one half or get out of the way, because people are walking here.

I was thinking the same thing about Bhanu and Venus.
Maybe they'll end up in alliance? Maybe Bhanu will win the million dollars insread
A friend sent me the EW article with cast members' pet peeves. Hunter's cracks me up. He wouldn't do well at Disneyland.

I'm someone who wants to get to where he is going, and I have longer legs, and so I walk pretty fast. But whenever there's a group of people that clump on the sidewalk and walk slowly, it drives me insane. Either get in a straight line and take up one half or get out of the way, because people are walking here.
Hunter is the puzzle guy, right? I almost hope their tribe loses so we can see more of them. I am tired of Bhanu. I hope the Yanu tribe gets a win, or they merge soon.

Maybe they'll end up in alliance? Maybe Bhanu will win the million dollars insread

Hunter is the puzzle guy, right? I almost hope their tribe loses so we can see more of them. I am tired of Bhanu. I hope the Yanu tribe gets a win, or they merge soon.
Yes, he is the guy who re-created the challenges at home and who was able to toss the bean bags to the top of the pole.

They will likely do a tribe swap before the merge.

It's too bad, because I was originally cheering for Bhanu when the show first started.
Me too but I liked how the one player (I'm blanking on his name) said basically that Bhanu is passionate about the game of survivor but doesn't know how to play it and I'm not getting indicators that he's playing dumb like some have done in the past.

Years back I think that would have been okay, to see that type of player amidst the uber Survivor players, but nowadays combined with the recent slew of people who voluntarily leave the game it sours it because there are other people out there who try to be on Survivor that really want to be and are more than just "I love the game". I enjoy watching it at home but I know I'd suck at the game IRL. I think they need to do more vetting of the players, it's fine to get novices but I also want to see people driven to do more than just have an experience.

Way too many repeated puzzles, balance, and standing endurance challenges and not enough strength, speed, athletic endurance, battling, coordination, or obstacle course challenges anymore. They could make it quite a bit better again just by fixing those two things.
Agreed, been my complaint for a while too. I do think they have obstacle course challenges (especially netting related) but it's lackluster overall compared to years past.

Evolution of the game has to happen and I appreciate that there's more balance towards brains or strategy compared to just raw brawns but let's mix it up a bit more.

The complaints years ago were valid IMO that physically weaker players had a harder time sticking around to merge because they weren't seen as an asset to challenges and then at the end you may not have players who could play the game well and instead just strength driven but it's leaned too far towards the other way for longer than it probably should have.

Evolution of the game has to happen and I appreciate that there's more balance towards brains or strategy compared to just raw brawns but let's mix it up a bit more.
I read a long time ago that Jeff said they put puzzle and memory games towards the end of the season b/c by then the players brains are so fried that a puzzle or memory challenge was super hard. Guess they decided to stop that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter