Susan & Jonathon's Disney Dreams Wedding - 28th April 2010 WP/WHR/UK

Sweetsus

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone,

Well as the wedding is getting closer, its about time I put all the information down in one place and try to get my thoughts together! ;) I've been on the boards a while now and I have to say without everyone's input here I would have been completely lost

So now to introduce us:

I'm Susan, 26 and a Fund Accountant. I have always loved :lovestruc Disney and I suppose you could say I'm the main reason why we're having a Disney wedding!

DF: Jonathon, 29 and a Landscape Gardener. I quickly converted him to all things Disney :goodvibes and now we're planning our very own happily ever after!

Our Story:

We met "properly" in the Summer of 2001. As his aunt is best friends with my mum, I'm very sure we probably met before this but have no recollection of it. That was the summer I had finished secondary school and was looking forward to my debs (I suppose most of you would call it Prom) in September. I had just broken up with my terrible boyfriend and was looking everywhere for a date! His Uncle asked him if he would be interested in taking me and he said yes. I was so embarassed but am so grateful now that it happened.

We officially became a couple on September 18th - 2 days before my debs and we haven't looked back.

Our Engagement:

We got engaged very early on in our relationship. We knew fairly soon that we were going to get married. Our first Christmas (only 3 months together!) we discussed our dream wedding. I remember telling him my dream wedding would be booking out Disneyland Paris and getting married in front of the castle. Surprisingly he didn't run away screaming :rotfl: My 19th Birthday was on January 31st and as I was only in my first year of University we decided we wouldn't do much, just go to a little B&B in Killarney for the weekend. I knew it was coming - he can never keep a secret and he kept dropping hints all the way down on the train. When we got to our room he took a CD player out of his bag and put on our song "Your Song" by Ewan McGregor in Moulin Rouge (one of the first films we watched together!) and he got down on his knees, opened the box and asked me to marry him :lovestruc Of course I said yes straight away. He gave me a beautiful diamond solitaire with an S-Shaped gold band. I don't have a pic to post but will get one soon. That was over 8 years ago and we are FINALLY getting married.

The plans: So Far!

So now to the plans - we are getting married on April 28th 2010 in the Wedding Pavillion. Our ceremony is at 2pm (or 2.30 - I can never remember!:confused3) Our reception will be in the Whitehall room and patio and we're finishing up in UK Lochside for a Dessert Party.

We're having a relatively small wedding - 40-50 ppl. It keeps changing. A lot of people aren't going for all the expected reasons. We're actually happier that its going to be a small wedding. We were going to get married in an Irish Castle and our guest list was about 250. By moving it to WDW we had the same guest list but fewer attendees.

Our Theme:

We haven't got a definite theme. Its a bit of mix - Disney features heavily of course. But we also want a traditional, classic, elegant, vintage wedding .... I think that covers everything!

Our colour scheme is gold and pink.

I think that covers most things but I will post more soon.

Again thanks to all past, present and future Disbrides and Disgrooms - you have made this so much more easier than expected!

This is some pictures we're using for inspiration - if I have posted somebody's picture and they want it removed please let me know! :goodvibes

The ceremony:

We absolutely adore the candles and rose petals - dreading the price :scared1::laughing:

Our reception:

I absolutely love these pics on the new website! I know I'll never be able to have this much detail in the Whitehall room but would love to have some elements!

I love this idea for chairs

My 3 bridesmaids are wearing this dress:

They'll be wearing it in the colour shown - I think its called Rose.

I don't want to post a picture of my dress just yet - DF lurks here every now and then and I don't want him to see.

We've decided to go with the following:

We're planning a Rehearsal/welcome dinner on Shipwreck beach the day before the wedding.

We're having the Chip and Dale rehearsal dinner menu (its kind of a bbq) and a tropical themed event. We're looking into booking the calpyso band with steel drums.

We've decided against a farewell brunch as people are leaving at different times.

Vendors:

Officiant - Rev Jack Day
I hope. I booked him ages ago but haven't heard from him since! - Anyone else have this issue?

Hair and Make-up
Ana at Beaute Speciale - have my hair trial on November 22nd. I can't wait to see what she can do!

Photography
Misty Miotto - I love Misty. I think her photos are amazing. She has been amazing to work with so far and is very open and helpful.

DPS
We will be using DPS for our Dessert Party and our bridal photo session. We may use them if we decide to extend our reception after our Dessert party - has anyone done this?

Floral
We'll probably use Disney floral and event services for everything else. I think it might be just handier to have everything in one place?

Muscians - I'm open to any suggestion for musicians for the ceremony and DJs for the reception.

If anyone has any experience they'd like to share - I'd love to hear it.

Hi Susan, congrats on your upcoming wedding. I just subscribed to your PJ. I haven't started one yet - but I am anxious to learn more about your progress. We are planning a 10-26-10 wedding at all the same locations and times that you are having. We are also having Misty shoot our wedding...I so wish that she could do the dessert party as well. I hate the new rules for in park photos. Can't wait to see how your plans come along.

Sue

Hiya!

Guess what!? Im thinking of the whole gold and pink theme!

Look forward to hearing more details and seeing lots of photos!

Hiya!

Guess what!? Im thinking of the whole gold and pink theme!

Look forward to hearing more details and seeing lots of photos!

Ha Ha - great minds think alike Stacey :thumbsup2 Maybe I'm biased ;) but I think they are beautiful colours - especially for a girlie wedding!

I've just sent my Planning Session checklist to my wedding planner Michelle!!! :banana: I can't wait - especially as the new Twilight movie is coming out while we're in Orlando!

The only things we seem to have made any sort of firm decision on is the food :rotfl: We're going to work with the Chefs to create a Cajun/Creole appetizer (our fav restaurant here in Dublin is Tante Zoe's - fabulous southern food!). Then we're having a Caesar Salad - I don't think you can go wrong with it - especially with the fussy eaters we'll be bringing with us (me included!!) We're going with the Cinderella Slipper Sorbet (not sure on colour yet - red or purple - anyone have any pics??)

For our entree we're having the chicken and beef duo plate with mash and mixed veg. We also want 3 sauces served on the side - blackberry demi, traditional gravy and peppercorn sauce so that people can choose for themselves.. DF Jonathon made an executive decision that all the boys will require more food :scared1: and would like a portion of chips (not french fries!) put on the tables in case they don't get enough!

Finally for dessert we're going with the Cinderella White chocolate slipper with stawberries instead of raspberries.

For a vegetarian dish we're going with Mahi Mahi - we've asked the chefs to surprise us with something. We have no strict vegetarians and they seem happy with a fish dish.

Now I have to try to sit down and get some of my inspiration pics in order! I'll post more pics when I get them sorted.

Can't believe I actually managed to stay off the boards for nearly 2 weeks:scared1:

Going to Disney on Tuesday for our planning session - any tips? Do people bring wedding planners gifts when they go over for their planning session?

Congrats and can't wait to hear about your plans. It is not customary to bring a gift to the Wedding Planner during your planning session. But if you desire to do so go for it!

Congrats and can't wait to hear about your plans. It is not customary to bring a gift to the Wedding Planner during your planning session. But if you desire to do so go for it!

Thanks! I'm going to leave the gift out this time then - I have more than enough to remember this time. I'm such a last minute person. I'm only sitting down now to do my planning binder! :lmao:

Have fun at your PS

Thanks!

Will post loads of pics when I come back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter