• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Swan & Dolphin Questions

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
Hi all ~ we are seriously considering staying at either the Swan or Dolphin next trip. I have several questions.

(1) How likely are they to upgrade to a room where we can see the fireworks?

(2) How far is the walk to Epcot? MGM?

(3) Is it absolutely awesome to get up in the morning and walk around Cresent Lake? Can I grab a VERY early coffee and muffin someplace and just sit on the Broadwalk?

(4) Is the grotto pool as cold as I've read?

(5) Are the rooms noisy?

(6) My kids will be 4 and 10 next trip, it's S&D good for kids?

(7) Is there a Character meal?

THANKS! S

I'll answer what I can.....

(1) How likely are they to upgrade to a room where we can see the fireworks? that depends on when you are going. If it is during a slow time the likelihood is much better, because less of those rooms are booked at the rate assigned to them. You can try some of the hints provided on the FAQ at the top of the page to increase your chances

(2) How far is the walk to Epcot? MGM? it is about a 10 minute stroll to either, though on a hot day I would not want to do MGM as there are no trees. I would take the water shuttles, quicker and air conditioned

(3) Is it absolutely awesome to get up in the morning and walk around Cresent Lake? Can I grab a VERY early coffee and muffin someplace and just sit on the Broadwalk? yes, it is awesome...I do it at night too...sit on the boarwalk and people watch

(4) Is the grotto pool as cold as I've read? I am not a good one to judge this...I have gone in it in Dec. as I am from MA and the water here is always cold...FL water is always warm to me

(5) Are the rooms noisy? no, the first time we stayed at the Dolphin I had 2.5 year old twins and there were never woken up by noise.

(6) My kids will be 4 and 10 next trip, it's S&D good for kids?my kids have gone a few times...they are now 6 year old tiwns and a 12 year old...they love the pool, the icrecream fountain and game room at the Dolphin and the character breakfast.

(7) Is there a Character meal yes, at the Garden Grill at the Swan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter