• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

swan or pofq????

michmom

Earning My Ears
Can anyone help me decide which resort to use. Advantages and disadvantages to each?

1) Are you on a budget? What do you want to spend on a room per night?
2) Do you need to get wherever it is you are going in a relativiely short amount of time?
3) Do you prefer one park over another?

First, see if you can qualify to stay at S/D with a discount. As a guest of both locations, I prefer S/D because of:
1 - location, location, location!! (within walking distance to Epcot, MGM, and BW)
2 - rooms are slightly larger with a few more amenities
3 - although S/D is NOT a Disney-owned resort, it enjoys all the same perks that the other Disney locations have (with the exception of the credit card/room key priviledge)
4 - the only time we used the bus was when we visited AK and MK; the walk was a quick one with the bus stop directly outside the lobby (one thing I absolutely HATED was the extensive walk to and from the bus stops to our room)
5 - I also would rather stay at a resort which has an indoor hallway as opposed to an outside balcony/corridor

Good luck with your decision!!!

We plan to go to all the parks. My husband and I are travelling with A 3 yr old, a 6 yr old, a 7 yr old, and a 71 yr old.....so we will be getting two rooms. Yes, cost is a factor. We currently have the pofq on hold. We really like the idea of the food court with our picky eaters!What does swan have to offer as far as restaurants? Is there any advantage to having a "disney owned hotel"? We will do as little walking as possible to get to the parks since we will be walking so much while at them. Thanks so much for your help!

...has a cafeteria-type place that may be what you are looking for, and it offers the refillable mug. Although a food court is usually the way to go, POFQ does NOT (IMHO) have the best food court of the resorts (DxL - errr, Riv and ASMovies are the BEST ones!) Not only do you have several locations at S/D from which to choose, but BC/YC has an AWESOME buffet and, it too, is within walking distance! My three DS's especially loved taking the "friend-ships" to MGM and renting the "Mickey boats" (water mice) at BC/YC!!!

Haven't stayed at the Swan but have stayed at POFQ and loved it!! Has a cozy feeling to it, and if you're concerned about walking far to food court, buses, I always request to be in a building that is close to both (no guarantee, but they do try).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter