SWAN's Best Room for Family of 5??

Disbug

DIS Veteran
We are going to be staying at the Swan this July for 3 days. We have 2 adults, one teen, one 8 yr old, and a 2 yr. old with cerebral palsy. What kind of room is the best to ask for? We are doing the 4000 SPG point + $60 promo. I will have some points left over. My husband is also a member of AARP. Is it possible to get an upgrade? Would a corner King room be suitable? We don't really need a handicap-accessible room, but her wheelchair stroller does take up some space along with all the stuff we bring along for her. Thanks to any and all for your valued input!

You will need a rollaway bed brought in to accomodate the 5 of you. We stayed at the Dolphin - 4 of us /DH, 2 DSs (19 and 17). It wasn't cramped but it wasn't spacious either. I believe the Swan rooms are slightly larger than the Dolphin and the Swan has 2 sinks which should help.

Mouseteacher,
You think I'll need a rollaway and a crib? I know the baby will need a crib, then I figured there would be enough space for 4 people on 2 queen beds... Unless its a king bed then I hope the couch makes up into a bed.

You'll be fine with 2 in each of the queens and a crib. I'm not sure about the King room and if it has a pull out couch and if it does can 2 sleep comfortably in it? My DSs preferred to not share the double bed - they are just too fussy! So, they opted to take turns making a bed on the floor - go figure... teens! ;)

I would not go for the King room as you may not get the pullout couch. They do have the studios that have a king bed and a queen sleeper, then you can get a crib? But that is a room upgrade. Otherwise I would go with a regular room with a crib...that is your best bet :)

Appreciate all the input. I will call and see about getting our room upgraded to the small studio. (Thanks, GLO!) I really don't want our vacation to turn into a case of raw nerves because there is no space to breathe a little. (Especially when trying to get the baby down to sleep. May have to shoo everyone out of the room, get her to sleep then bring them back later! There's always something to have to think about when planning a good Disney getaway!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter