Swap meet ???

msaseifert

Hooked on Disney
We are thinking we may try to stop into the swap meet tomorrow. Do the vendors there take Credit card or are most vendors cash only? Also....is there a charge to get in? We were only planning to spend like an hour there....wanted to make sure it was even worth our time. Thanks all!

Most vendors are cash only, though we found a few that took credit. There is a charge of $1 per person over a certain age (13 maybe) to get in (I know I didn't have to pay for my kids and my oldest is 11).

We've been to this three times over the past three years and the answer is - some of each. This year (just went in May) seems to have more that can take credit cards than in past years but there are still vendors who only do cash.

There are many threads on this where you can get even more info. Just search "swap meet".

My favorite part were items that were clearly Hawaiian and local, such as the custom wood carvings or some of the other artsy stuff. These are outnumbered by numerous tents with Asian-made incredibly inexpensive items such as keychains and common souvenirs. You can absolutely haggle if you like that sort of thing. They'll bring their own prices down if you just stand there silently and chew on your lip after you've asked about something.

Deals are supposedly better to be had on Wednesday than the weekends.

Not much to eat or drink. Don't come hungry and bring a water. There are coconut sellers- they'll crack one and give you a straw for $5.

Personally, I would not call it a "must-do". It's a decent diversion for 2 hours max.

Last edited:

Is the swap a "must-do"? Does anyone have suggestions on pricing of things?

Personally dh and I found it a bit of a waste of time. We got the bus there from waikiki which took quite a while and were really unimpressed when we got there and wished we hadn't wasted a whole morning . I know some people do keep going back though so each to their own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter