Swapping points?

2 princes 1 princess

Mouseketeer
I read on another thread that if you have points in holding you can make a reservation with your banked points and then at the 60 day window you can swap the banked for the points in holding? :confused:
Does this make sense?
Here's my situation. I would like to make a reservation with points in holding and I can't touch them until 60 days before they expire. I'm worried that I won't get a room for the time I can go to WDW so can I use the ponts I have banked just to get a reservation and then once the 60 day mark comes, swap for the points being held?

Sometimes I get confused too easily!:crazy2:

Wouldn't being able to swap points for an existing reservation defeat the purpose of a "holding account?" I'd be really surprised if MS allowed that sort of swap on a regular basis, unless there was still availability at that resort for those type of accommodations. What about the people on a wait-list? It would be very unfair to them.

Agree with Chuck.

Unless you happen to get an inexperienced CM, you could only "swap" if there were still availability for the dates and same unit type.

The transaction is essentially a cancel and rebook. If there are members on the waitlist, you will not be allowed to make the change. That's because the holding points could not have been used to make the reservation at the time it was made, thus someone on the waitlist would have gotten the unit before you had a chance to make the reservation if you were using holding points.

Doesn't hurt to try - sometimes there is availability at 60 days and then you could use the holding points. Good luck!

I agree in principle but many times a day or two will be available so you can swap those for points you could bank. In the early years you could do this regardless but they changed the rule some time ago. They are still pretty lenient when it comes to home resort points. So it never hurts to make the call and ask and see what happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter