SWDAS Question

yfamdiscruise

Mouseketeer
We are considering booking a last-minute SWDAS cruise for this spring. How quickly do the activities (Jedi Training Academy, Meet and Greets, etc) fill up online? We don't want to book a cruise only to find out the tickets for the activities are all gone, but we have no way of knowing if tickets are still available until we do our online check-in after paying in full, right?

The SWDAS cruises for 2018 will be the first of those to use the online booking system. The 2017 cruises used the book on board forms that were left in your staterooms. The MDAS cruises that have just begun are using the on-line system and recent info shows that some of the choices are booking up faster than others, but that might be apples to oranges for the SWDAS. As for Jedi training, it is in the WD Theater, and this past spring there were like 7 or 8 sessions, so it seemed like all who wanted it got to do it. You can certainly post in the cruise meets when the time is inside of 105 days and 90 days to see what Platinum and Gold are seeing available or booked. It seemed like everyone got pretty much what they wanted on our Spring Break cruise in 2017, and that was a full ship during the peak week of Spring Break.

good luck!

Our cruise sails Jan 27 and a lot of stuff is already sold out, Jedi training was sold out in roughly 5 minutes after it went live.

We booked all of our meet and greets and Jedi Training the day that the on board activities were available to us for 1/27/18 sailing. Looking at the online site now, there is still SW stuff available to do, even Jedi Training.

Does anyone have a screen-grab of what available to book, such as meet and greets? Are you limited to choose one or two? Are there times throughout the day?

I'm so glad you asked - it was EXACTLY what I wanted to ask. Considering the Jan 27th sailing.
I wonder if stuff sells out online if it can be booked upon boarding.

Tagging along here - but does anyone know what time the booking window opens on your day? I mean, is it midnight or something later like 7am? Just trying to figure out if I need to stay up tonight.

Tagging along here - but does anyone know what time the booking window opens on your day? I mean, is it midnight or something later like 7am? Just trying to figure out if I need to stay up tonight.
It opens at midnight eastern time. Whatever time that is where you live.

BUT, be aware, occasionally one or the other window (online check in OR activities booking window) can be delayed. Rarely (but it happens) both might be delayed. That delay can be a few minutes to hours. Just be patient.

Thanks Phinz and PrincessShmoo! This is our first cruise since 2009 and I am totally lost on all the new things.

The new booking site can be very, very frustrating. No longer do you see all days at the same time and choose from them. You get one day at a time. Pick the most important day to you and immediately go to that day (click the little calendar at the top so you get the popup you see below) or you may end up losing what you're looking for if everybody else is chasing after it too. This latest "improvement" is not an improvement at all.

Screen Shot 2017-11-19 at 10.36.23 AM.png

Thank you, it was definitely confusing and kept giving me errors, but I got the most important thing to us - the Darth Vader meet and greet. My 6 year old adores Darth (Darth themed bedroom, Darth Vader costumes for the last two Halloweens, etc.), but she has never met him. Last time we were at WDW, it was all Kylo Ren.

Thanks everyone for the replies! This information is all very helpful. Any chance anyone is on the Feb 24 or Mar 3 sailing and could check and send a screenshot of what's left? I'd be curious about times (are only inconvenient time slots left??). I will also ask in the specific cruise meets for those dates, but I thought I would ask here since you've all been so helpful!
Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter