• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Swine flu

I've been to England twice (London, Rochester, Canterbury), France 12 times, Germany 5 times, Belgium twice, Luxembourg once, Austria once, Switzerland once. I've been to Canada 5 times, and have traveled extensively both on the west and east coasts of the US. I'm itching to see Sweden in the near future.

One may argue that it's all hype. Why would the US, which is in a recession, want to hype such a thing and risk thousands upon thousands of cancellations (and the revenue lost) for no reason? It's not just for Disney World, but for other tourist destinations as I'm sure you see those as well (Grand Canyon, Redwood Forest, Boston Common, Liberty Bell in Philadelphia, Mount Rushmore, The Alamo, Gettysburg, PA, Atlanta, Washington, D.C., etc.) On the other hand, if we're not warned adequately and significant numbers of people get sick, then we'll all be asking why we weren't given sufficient warning.

What we know is that the virus can mutate. That's enough for me. For you, perhaps not.

I'd warn other European groups (though some of you believe you're not really in Europe) but the disboards don't have message boards where other European nationals can post. You'd think there would be one at least for Germany, since Lufthansa has started nonstop flights to MCO from FRA. I wonder if Disney has started www.disneyworld.de yet?

Finally, this is Florida, lightning capital of the world, and part of "hurricane alley." We do take state warnings seriously.

You are not Mexican. You're going to be fine and dandy, don't you worry your pretty little head. :D

As others have been saying we are just as likely to catch it here too, I have a 7 year old daughter who attends school with 300 other kids(just been the holidays so who knows how many went to Mexico which is a popular holiday destination) while I go to uni which has thousands of people plus I live near Manchester which is a populated area, my Dad works at the holiday inn at a airport which gets guests from the USA as well as other countries. I am going to a busy shopping centre tomorrow and Monday , plenty of opportunities for me to catch the virus.

Traveling to Orlando is not going to make any difference, the W.H.O have already said the virus is not containable. I will follow the advice given by the authorities just like I did last year in Florida when there was a tornado warning and we stayed in our rooms as advised.:thumbsup2

A guy who has recently contracted Swine flu from a colleague who recently went to Mexico was just been on the evening news.

He was stood at his doorway, talking with this DW and son stating that he just felt a bit poorly, high temp, running nose, cough. IMO a cold !!!, in my DH's opinion severe flu :rotfl:

His DW nor son have not been told to stay away from him, they are showing no signs of the illness and he seemed more than well enough to stand at his doorway talking to the press.

Really, everyones make up is different, my DS catches ear infections as soon as he gets on an areoplane whilst my other DS could probably be sneezed and licked all over by a flu carrier and not be slightly affected.

A guy who has recently contracted Swine flu from a colleague who recently went to Mexico was just been on the evening news.

He was stood at his doorway, talking with this DW and son stating that he just felt a bit poorly, high temp, running nose, cough. IMO a cold !!!, in my DH's opinion severe flu :rotfl:

His DW nor son have not been told to stay away from him, they are showing no signs of the illness and he seemed more than well enough to stand at his doorway talking to the press.

Really, everyones make up is different, my DS catches ear infections as soon as he gets on an areoplane whilst my other DS could probably be sneezed and licked all over by a flu carrier and not be slightly affected.

Are you saying that this Swine Flu can be even worse than Man Flu :scared1:

I'm really worried now! I get Man Flu quite often and that's bad enough!
Better nip to the chemist and get some of this new medicine:

Picture1.jpg

The bf mentioned to me today when we were in Speke that when he sneezed (bright sunlight does it, just something he's always had!) people around him looked visibly worried and backed away. I guess since the news of the Merseyside couple getting it the fear is up round here.. I'll be glad when this has all blown over :rolleyes:

I have been staying out of this whole swine flu debate, just closely monitoring the world maps of confirmed cases etc and have come to the conclusion that even if i got it, it is really no worse than regular flu as it spreads out of mexico, so nothing to add really. however Tim that picture is about the funniest thing i have seen in days and has brightened my weekend no end:rotfl: absolute classic!

however Tim that picture is about the funniest thing i have seen in days and has brightened my weekend no end:rotfl: absolute classic!

A friend emailed me the same pic this(Saturday) morning, so funny.

I had a sniffle and a cough the other day, some people said I had swine flu so I took some oinkment and have felt fine for the rest of the weeeeeeeeeeeek.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter