T-Rex or Rainforest

TuneDisney

Earning My Ears
Hi all! We are headed down this summer and are trying to decide on a lunch reservation in DS. Between T-Rex and Rainforest cafe, which is better for a little fella soon to be 3?

Both can be loud and scary for little ones, but if your little ones a Dino fan I’d go with t-Rex. My son has always loved t-Rex, he makes us go every year. It’s pretty neat and there’s a dig site area kids can play in while you wait. Like I said though, it’s loud.

Is it loud from other kids or do the dinosaurs make it loud?
For us, TRex is unbearably loud. Even our kids were coving their ears. One and done for us there. Editing to add it's mainly the sound effects. Your seating placement also has a bearing on how ear shattering your experience will be.
Some spots are louder than others...but overall it's loud.

I guess it would depend on if your kid likes dinosaurs or animals better, but if that really didn't matter, I would go with T-Rex. That's only because there seems to be a lot more Rainforest Cafes across the country, but I only know of the one T-Rex (if there are others, someone can comment, but I know there aren't as many as Rainforests).

If you get a landrys card you would have priority seating in either. Both have gift shops, which then let you take a gander at the restaurant. You could visit whichever seems most appealing, and see if he likes it. Or maybe seeing the “show” at either place would be enough and then you could go eat on the porch at boathouse and watch the amphicars

My boys always loved T-Rex. They enjoyed Rainforest, but T-Rex was their favorite. They still ask if we're doing T-Rex and they're not little boys anymore!!

And the food is the same at both.

We prefer T-Rex never found it loud there is one part of the meteor shower that gets a bit loud but not by any means anything that is overly loud. If the sounds bother you there are sections that are further away which would not stop conversation. With that while I know the food is the same for some reason I do not mind the food at T-Rex nothingthey had some good dishes on the menu those are gone so we mostly stick with a burger. On the other hand Rain forest I just never liked anything ate at both in Disney a few times and a local one. When my wife went to the local one I stayed home and enjoyed the no kids few hours.

Depends on if he gets scared at loud noises as both are loud. Then it comes down to dinosaurs or animals. The food at both is what you would expect.

At 3 my daughter had a meltdown just walking in due to the noise. We ended up leaving within 30 seconds of being seated. She was 7 or so before she was "chill" with either T-Rex or Rainforest so my advice is proceed with caution and maybe have a back up plan.

The atmosphere is great for dinosaur lovers but the sound can get excessively loud. I second getting a Landrys card. Take your child to the gift store for a preview and if that goes well you can then show your card and get priority seating.

Not really a fan of either but when our kids were small they loved Rainforest, so we had to go every trip !!!

We tried to go to T-Rex when one of our kids was about that age- he declared it “too scawwy there!” (Too scary there!) We has to leave within about a minute of being seated; It has been over a decade since then and he still enjoys going to Rainforest Cafe, though….

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter