T-Shirt design program? What/how/where/ blah blah blah. HELP!

kc10family

DIS Veteran
Ok, so I have posted before that I never knew I was a Disney Freak until about 8 months ago. So now I look for everything and anything Disney. I bought an embroidery machine so I could make my DD’s things with Disney on them. Now I love the machine, but it can take awhile to make things and sometimes time is not my friend.

Now I see all these posts about iron-ons and I want to get into this also. So can anyone tell me what program you use to make the transfers and any other info you want to pass on. Or if posted already and you remember where… could you post the link to the post. I have read a lot of posts and am a little overwhelmed with reading them all. Did you know one thread has over 300 pages to it. (that’s the one I got lost in and just couldn’t read them all.

Anyway I would love to make a few transfers myself and hope some one will give me the info I need to start.

Many thanks and as always…Have a Great Disney Day!

Check out some of the "stickies" at the top of the Creative DISign forum. Once you read throught there, a lot of your questions will be answered. If you have further specific questions, then come back and post them and I'm sure someone will be happy to answer them for you. Welcome, and good luck.

kc10family said:
Ok, so I have posted before that I never knew I was a Disney Freak until about 8 months ago. So now I look for everything and anything Disney. I bought an embroidery machine so I could make my DD’s things with Disney on them. Now I love the machine, but it can take awhile to make things and sometimes time is not my friend.

Now I see all these posts about iron-ons and I want to get into this also. So can anyone tell me what program you use to make the transfers and any other info you want to pass on. Or if posted already and you remember where… could you post the link to the post. I have read a lot of posts and am a little overwhelmed with reading them all. Did you know one thread has over 300 pages to it. (that’s the one I got lost in and just couldn’t read them all.

Anyway I would love to make a few transfers myself and hope some one will give me the info I need to start.

These are the two threads you want to start with. The first one has design tips and the second one is the design gallery where you can see a good majority of the designs.

Design Tips (includes programs that are used)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=892906

Design Gallery
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=892887

The 300 page thread is more of a chat room for the designers to keep up with each other and their families. There are some designs in there but the majority that you would want to check out are in the link above.

Welcome. :welcome:

Oh, thank you so much. I skipped the stickys because I just wanted to read read read. Then I was over whelmed and didn’t know what way was up. I think I will take time off for an hour or so then look again. I am just got so excited. Thank you again.

kc10family said:
Oh, thank you so much. I skipped the stickys because I just wanted to read read read. Then I was over whelmed and didn’t know what way was up. I think I will take time off for an hour or so then look again. I am just got so excited. Thank you again.

It was very overwhelming for me at first too (just over a month ago). Stick to those two sticky's first. There is still a lot of info there which takes a while to digest. When you have digested that, come join us on the main thread. We love to chat and everyone is very friendly.

I use PhotoImpact. I know Julia & Nick's Mom (one of the main designers) also uses this program. If you go to the Ulead website, you can get a 30 day free trial. I ended up liking it so much so I just bought a copy of the program. There are some good help sections on the Ulead website if that is the direction you go. The program itself can be a little overwhelming when you first start but it becomes a lot of fun.

kc10family said:

OMG! Are you my long lost sister??? I also have the Disney Embroidery Machine to do all those great designs for my kids (and me too!)! It has paid for itself just in the towels I've give as gifts for the last couple of years.

I just started doing the iron on thing too since the embroidery tends to be too heavy for tshirts, etc...and what I've found is easiest is this:
PrintShop is installed on my computer already and has one click button to use for reversing for iron-ons, so I've been doing designing in that.
Check the thread with the design gallery as well as the sticky with the links for Disney clipart...I've been able to find lots of great ideas and designs to cut and paste.

Have fun!
Chris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter