Table for 1

Bradcorn1

Earning My Ears
When Traveling solo most of the time for me it is more comfortable to sit in the Lounge / Bar to eat.
On past trips I have had a meal in this fashion at the Tune In Lounge & at Yak & Yeti quality beverages.
I am Looking for some other suggestions of places that have a good quality eat at the bar menu, or allow you to order the full dining room menu to the adjacent restaurant.

WDW property (parks, resorts & Dis springs)

Last edited:
Just in the parks or resorts too? If resorts, I’d suggest The Wave at CR. Also bluezoo at the Dolphin.

I'm happy to say there are a plethora of good options. At resorts: Flying Fish, Bluezoo, Il Mulino, Crews Cup, Ale & Compass, Tambu Lounge, Mizners, Citricos, Wave, California Grill (can be tough to get in), Victoria Falls, Jiko, Geyser Point, Territory Lounge. At Disney Springs: Boathouse, Homecomin', Raglan Road, Frontera, Jock Lindsay's, Paddlefish. In the parks, Nomad Lounge in Animal Kingdom, Brown Derby Lounge in Hollywood Studios, Tutto Gusto, Spice Road Table or La Cava del Tequila (menu limited to chips and salsa, guacamole or queso) in Epcot. If particular kinds of food you like and/or places you'll be, can be more specific but honestly I'd happily go to any of these. Have fun!!

on WDW property.
I'm happy to say there are a plethora of good options. At resorts: Flying Fish, Bluezoo, Il Mulino, Crews Cup, Ale & Compass, Tambu Lounge, Mizners, Citricos, Wave, California Grill (can be tough to get in), Victoria Falls, Jiko, Geyser Point, Territory Lounge. At Disney Springs: Boathouse, Homecomin', Raglan Road, Frontera, Jock Lindsay's, Paddlefish. In the parks, Nomad Lounge in Animal Kingdom, Brown Derby Lounge in Hollywood Studios, Tutto Gusto, Spice Road Table or La Cava del Tequila (menu limited to chips and salsa, guacamole or queso) in Epcot. If particular kinds of food you like and/or places you'll be, can be more specific but honestly I'd happily go to any of these. Have fun!!

Thank you. Some of those I have eaten at and did not notice a bar / lounge area. :)

I say don't restrict yourself. Eat wherever you want. People are too busy with their own vacation to judge you. 6 years ago when my two sons had gone off to university I lost my movie buddies and thought I would be embarrassed to go by myself. I am long over that once I realized that no one cared and even noticed what I was doing. :)

AK Nomad Lounge - you can order the full menu from Tiffins
Flying Fish - again can order off the menu
California Grill - the lounge you can eat the full menu

I would do ADRs for 2 at any restaurant that you want to eat at. I've done it solo and its not weird to eat in the restaurant by yourself. The staff treat you great.

AK Nomad Lounge - you can order the full menu from Tiffins
Flying Fish - again can order off the menu
California Grill - the lounge you can eat the full menu

I would do ADRs for 2 at any restaurant that you want to eat at. I've done it solo and its not weird to eat in the restaurant by yourself. The staff treat you great.

Nomad Told me I had to go to the Restaurant for the Full Menu just the appetizers menu was available in the bar.
Tiffin's has been the best Dinning room solo experience.
Worst has Been Coral Reef I was put up front and center & since I was doing a Candlelight processional I had a multi course meal. They brought my Appetizer, meal, and desert all at the same time.

California Grill Is the one I have wanted to try the most.

You can't get the entire menu, but the HBD Lounge is lovely! I got there right at opening one day last summer (wanted to make sure I got a table with an umbrella), and it was honestly one of my favorite meals! I got the sliders and the Pineapple No-jito, and both were amazing. The service was also great. It was warm, though, even in the shade. I'd do it again.

Did get 2 answers at Homecomin this week.
First attempt was told that it would be an hour wait to sit at the bar & I would have to put my name in.
2nd night when I had more time I came back asked to put my name in and was told it was open Seating at the Bar.
At least the food is consistent lol

Jiko's bar is a favorite of mine and I have been able to order the full menu there. I also like the menu next door at Victoria Falls lounge.

We only had bread, a cheese plate and drinks last time, but both my husband and I are eager to go back to Enzo's Hideaway in DS to try the full menu, everything looked really good and the breads we had were fantastic.

At Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House - Jiko has an area which is like sitting at a bar but it’s where they prepare some of the food.

At Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - we ate at the bar at Sanaa.

Both are a short ride on the bus from Animal Kingdom park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter