Tables in Wonderland

We are doing the same thing. We could have ordered it this month but don't arrive at WDW until 2/11. I will purchase it then and add a month to our membership. Curious, which restaurants are you planning to visit?
RBR: We are going to the castle (know we don't get a discount on the whole bill), Ohanas, Boma, and at least one TS per day. And I'm excited to use valet parking at Disney Springs!

RBR: We are going to the castle (know we don't get a discount on the whole bill), Ohanas, Boma, and at least one TS per day. And I'm excited to use valet parking at Disney Springs!
Are you sure it includes valet parking at Disney Springs? On the website it states:

Complimentary Resort valet and theme park parking for dining purposes.

No mention of using it at Disney Springs.

Laura

Are you sure it includes valet parking at Disney Springs? On the website it states:

Complimentary Resort valet and theme park parking for dining purposes.

No mention of using it at Disney Springs.

Laura
We'll find out on 2/11. DS is our fist stop and we'll buy the TIW at Guest Services there. Then onto the Edison for lunch. I'm hoping that the Edison will be added by then but I've read that the discounts aren't necessarily established at new restaurants right away. We are also dining at Monsieur Paul this trip (in honor of his passing).

I seriously doubt the Edison will take TIW. Boathouse does not and neither does Monsieur Paul.

Laura
Yea, I read that. Too bad. We always have DVC and AP in case that helps.

OK..AP/TIW question…now bear with me here..

In June of this year, 7 of us have a Disney package with a 9 day hopper and Quick Service Plan.My wife and I are going to upgrade to an Annual Pass on our 1st day since the 2 of us are returning in September With 3 other members to stay at BWV with rented points and Quick Service for 7 additional days. In addition to the Quick Service, we intend to do at least 4 or 5 TS Character Meals total from both trips.

Would it be to our advantage to get the TIW card after we upgrade to AP?

TIA

OK..AP/TIW question…now bear with me here..

In June of this year, 7 of us have a Disney package with a 9 day hopper and Quick Service Plan.My wife and I are going to upgrade to an Annual Pass on our 1st day since the 2 of us are returning in September With 3 other members to stay at BWV with rented points and Quick Service for 7 additional days. In addition to the Quick Service, we intend to do at least 4 or 5 TS Character Meals total from both trips.

Would it be to our advantage to get the TIW card after we upgrade to AP?

TIA

Only way to find out is to do the math. Estimate the cost of the meals at full price less AP discount and compare to the cost of the meals with TiW discount and see if the difference makes up for the TiW fee. My gut feeling is no.

All you can do is do the math. Look at the TS restaurants that you are going to eat at and see if they accept TIW and/or AP since you will have that this fall.
It also depends if you will have alcohol with your meal or at lounges. The TIW card does cover that at many restaurants and lounges, the AP discount does not.
For us, we don't do the DDP any more and the TIW card saves us money every year (even last year when the AP discount was 20%). YMMV.

For all concerned, we were at Disney Springs during our mini vacation from 2/11 - 2/13 and had lunch at the Edison. They accepted TIW.

We have had TIW for three years now. We go to DW at least twice a year for about 3 weeks in total. We are DVC members. And we are not park people. We may go once during a two week stay. There are four of us although we often take more people. We eat out at signature restaurants every night and either get a bottle of wine or a couple of glasses. We also hang out at pools and use the TIW for a drink during the day. It’s been a great saver for us based on how we eat.

It saves me $150 in valet charges alone, I prob wouldn't valet if I didn't have it but its nice that I can.

We have had TIW for three years now. We go to DW at least twice a year for about 3 weeks in total. We are DVC members. And we are not park people. We may go once during a two week stay. There are four of us although we often take more people. We eat out at signature restaurants every night and either get a bottle of wine or a couple of glasses. We also hang out at pools and use the TIW for a drink during the day. It’s been a great saver for us based on how we eat.
Ditto

We usually do 1 table service meal per day and decided to get TiW since we'll be using it over 3 trips totaling about 4 weeks (and for one of the trips we had some family with us). I did a spreadsheet estimating the costs and taking into account the AP discount, and it was definitely worth it for our situation. Like others have said I'd recommend doing the math for your vacation with estimated costs to determine if it's worth it.

What got me to buy TiW is the fact that the 10% you get as a DVC or AP is only good for you and 3 guests. Our upcoming trip will be a party of 7, not big drinkers, but 6 are considered disney adults. I really priced out all options and it will certainly provide a savings this trip and for our November trip.

So when factoring your break even you have to consider that if you have more than 4 people they will not get any discount. The TiW is, I believe up to 10 guest.

For your situation it is a tough call if it makes sense. You have 3 of your party who likely will get kids meals, share meals or not eat a ton. If you are doing a lot of character meals then you can easily price it out to see if the 20% savings will be worth the $150 investment. Your length of trip or number of total days per year will be a factor -- if you are going for 5 days you won't get ahead but if a week + and have TS meals each night then it could be a savings.

Reactions: RRB
How long does it take to get it in the mail if you order over the phone. We are going on 12/16 - so I would like to order 12/1 to get the full 13 months if possible.

How long does it take to get it in the mail if you order over the phone. We are going on 12/16 - so I would like to order 12/1 to get the full 13 months if possible.
That's cutting it pretty close. I would advise buying it when you arrive. I did that then after I got home, called TIW and they replaced my paper card with a plastic card in the mail

That's cutting it pretty close. I would advise buying it when you arrive. I did that then after I got home, called TIW and they replaced my paper card with a plastic card in the mail
Thanks, I was afraid of that. The only reason I want to buy ahead of time is to have it for dinner on arrival night. But I don’t have our flights booked yet so we may end up going to a park and I will just buy it there.

that is cutting it close. But I ordered mine towards the end of February maybe around the 20th, the CM I spoke to noted that it would be processed within the next week and then it would be mailed out. I would say it took about 2 weeks to get in the mail. But what i was surprised about was that despite that fact that I called in February, my expiration was March 31st. So you could call and ask what their turnaround time is. Maybe because they were mailing it out they knew I would not get it until March so that is why they will put the expiration for March.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter