Tahiti, which floor to request

Justicegang

Earning My Ears
We have a LV room reserved at the Poly. I requested Tahiti, realizing this may not happen. However, I would like to request a floor as well. Going with an 8 yr old, the castle view is very important!Can anyone give us some advice.

Thanks for your response.

;)

We had 4 rooms on the 3rd floor of the Tahiti blding, lagoon view. My room and my parnets rom had great views across the lagoon. However my 2 brothers rooms didnt have a very good view. There were trees that had grown up in front of their patio. I cant remember the numbers (thinking 328 and 329 were the goood ones), but the 2 rooms not to get were the first 2 rooms East (to the left if facing the building from the lagoon) were the NOT good ones.
But the location was fabulous. Easy walk to TTC and to the Volcano pool and GCH. We walked to TTC to catch the ferry over to MK every time, worked great!
have a good time!

Bill

http://www.tikiman2001.homestead.com/
I think you will find a list, by room number, of which rooms have the best views at this site.
We stayed in 2021 in July and had a very nice view of the castle. Some of the fireworks were blocked by tree branches, but not all.
Hopefully, you will get your request. We requested Tahiti building, and that is what we got.

I stayed in a fantastic 3rd floor room in the Tahiti longhouse. I usually keep a note on the room numbers but, this room was for just one night. I do know that, like what Bill (HoosierFantasia) said, #3028 sounds good, but I would politely ask for a room that has a great view of the castle. #s 3015-3028 are in the first half of the building closest to the pool/lobby and this would be your best bet. Good luck and have fun!
all the best, Wilma;)

P.S. the fireworks and electric water pageant are fantastic from your balcony or beach. Hope you're not going in summer of '03 however. It seems they are turning the Tahiti into the Concierge bldg. while Hawaii gets refurbished. And getting a room there MIGHT be a problem.:confused:

Thanks for all your help. We are going to tough it out ocer Easter. We can handle the crowds. Anyone know the weather in April?

The rooms next to the building entrance in the middle are partly blocked by trees and bushes that grow along the entrance. These are rooms 1028-1029 first floor, 2028-2029 second floor and 3028-3029 3rd floor. I would stay away from those rooms.

Steve

Thanks Steve, I'm thrilled that you responded to this question. Your site is the most informative re: the Poly. And it takes someone very special;) to discern which roomviews are partially/totally blocked by trees etc.
All the best, Wilma
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I am sure you will love the Tahiti lagoon view. My first trip to the Polynesian I stayed in a Tahiti (then Moorea) and I loved it. There are trees along the beach and they may be between the water and your room but I never felt like they were so close together that they blocked the view or made it a bad view. We were put in room 2029 one year (one near the entrance) and the view was half blocked from trees that were right off the balcony. We asked to be moved and they moved us to a lagoon view in Tuvalu (then Samoa) and it was a nice view but I liked Tahiti much better and I love how quiet the beach over there is. Have a great time.

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter