Talk me into/out of buying RIV direct...

if you’re insistent on having Riv because you want an Epcot area resort, would you be willing to part with your VGF resale contract? Just wondering if it financially makes the most sense to sell your VGF resale contract, buy Riv resale on the cheap, and then buy direct at Poly when it goes on sale in a few months.

In theory, this gives you everything you’re looking for while best protecting your financial investment at Riv. If you buy direct riv and ever have to sell it, then you’ll take the biggest financial hit there. By going the resale route, your purchase price is more well protected. Adding Poly direct also benefits you long term because it doesn’t appear it will carry the same resale restrictions Riv has. Just a thought to consider.
It’s definitely an idea worth considering…and on paper it makes financial sense…but (Poly lovers please forgive me) I’ve never been a huge fan of the resort. I enjoy visiting but I don’t think I’d want it to be our home resort for the next 40 years.

That said, I’d sell VGF in a nano second if my Yacht Club dream ever becomes a reality 🤣😎

Even worse is the truck load of 25 BWV that just showed up... Oct is close enough to Sept.. Right?? (offer made. lol)
Haha just saw those and immediately thought of you- good luck! There’s so many maybe they’ll accept a better price to just get rid of them

ETA: actually the price is pretty reasonable considering it’s 25pts and isn’t stripped. Thankfully, it’s in a different UY cause if there’s one thing I’m trying to stay true to is my UY, truthfully it’s the only thing keeping me for making dumb decisions.

Last edited:
People are really stubborn with their BCV/BWV contracts. We got our BC at $135 which I’m happy with because I know we really wanted to be there but it still pained me a bit at how much it cost lol

We really want more poly points as the collective family favorite is the Polynesian and we know we’ll do one larger family trip a year there too, but I’d want direct to be around $180 for 150 pts and I’m not sure that’ll happen so we just think it makes the most sense to get our direct points at RIV and wait for resale prices to come down a bit once it’s back in active sales.

Are you still thinking about doing favorite weeks?
$135 is totally worth all the memories you will make :)

Yep, if I go RIV direct, I will most likely do at least one favorite week. I also can't decide which week...probably deserves to be its own thread!

Will the Poly tower offer favorite weeks? (Although I completely agree w/ your strategy of buying Poly resale).

Yep, if I go RIV direct, I will most likely do at least one favorite week. I also can't decide which week...probably deserves to be its own thread!

Will the Poly tower offer favorite weeks? (Although I completely agree w/ your strategy of buying Poly resale).
I’m sure they’ll offer FW for the tower, would be strange if they didn’t when they’ve done so for every new resort so far.

You can definitely start a new thread about which FW is best, I imagine most will say weeks 48-52. Personally, I think 48-49 are the best weeks based on of charts and desirability. For Poly specifically, I can see standard and preferred view during July 4th week also being very popular.

What does one do with 25 points? Borrow from the following UY and grab a few nights?
Yep, it confirms a few nights (every other year), then i can possibly add-on to it at 7months, but being able to secure a few nights is the goal.

Do you by any chance have a chart of how much FW weeks cost in Riviera?

Thanks

I’m sure they’ll offer FW for the tower, would be strange if they didn’t when they’ve done so for every new resort so far.

You can definitely start a new thread about which FW is best, I imagine most will say weeks 48-52. Personally, I think 48-49 are the best weeks based on of charts and desirability. For Poly specifically, I can see standard and preferred view during July 4th week also being very popular.

With it going into PVB, I can’t imagine it won’t either since that POS already allows for them to sell FW.

Ugh.. multiple BLT contracts listed today with Sept UY... FML. lol
Already got my Sept BLT 2x 100pt contracts back in December lol. Hopefully we aren't battling for other Sept resale contracts going forward! The price is pretty decent for the small contracts, the 160 pointers should hopefully come down a ways. I got mine at 138/pt just a few months ago

People are really stubborn with their BCV/BWV contracts.
I can vouch for that ... For our first resale contract we had a price point for BLT (<$110) and for BWV (<$100) and BLT was super easy and fast. Later it turned out (we hadn't done our research, life changes... ) that 2br lockoffs were not generally our thing and we were moving away from studios, so everything turned out alright.

Still undeterred, I tried to make offers on BCV contracts the next year, since we really wanted an EP area home resort as well - and offers at $2-$5 below asking (on contracts that did not say "firm") were rejected. Ended up pushing us to RIV direct a few years later. Certainly at more $ per point but an experience and product better suited to our needs, also.

^^ Looking back, I think about all the offers I made on BCV and BWV, and never a negotiation.

We need to start taking bets on when BC will average under 100 dollars per point. 2041? 🤣
pretty much....
Even worse is the truck load of 25 BWV that just showed up... Oct is close enough to Sept.. Right?? (offer made. lol)
NO
Stay strong
Resisttttttttt....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter